Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion Thread 15/1/2018 onwards

Deep Snow please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
4 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

CS have tomorrows updated?

The TAF has updated yes.i am not in work today so I avoid any conference calls today.

Hooray I here you shout.:)

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

image.thumb.png.af02c04618ce601b9396ed2dcc974fb8.pngimage.thumb.png.2ca31f91dd9ca777e21de33d2c45bae4.png Looks ok.

• Like 1

Posted

In fairness it snowed all day, Tuesday ( more or less ) but only settled on grass or bloody pallets at work lol... didn't really settle on the pavement or roads... or it could have been a half decent covering in its least sense lol... ok a covering that looked like snow :)

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, northwestsnow said:

Looks fabulous  :)

It Certainly Does   and for us a little further South.  Very surprised regarding the update   Could be quite a hectic rush hour in the morning.  Lets hope you get loads.  Im getting sick of the stuff. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Law of averages!! said:

In fairness it snowed all day, Tuesday ( more or less ) but only settled on grass or bloody pallets at work lol... didn't really settle on the pavement or roads... or it could have been a half decent covering in its least sense lol... ok a covering that looked like snow :)

should be better tommorow looking at the chart above posted by had worse..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
20 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Just to clear up the Airport TAF And conference calls these are issued by the METO

To the Airport weather Centre,at the time of the conference call on Monday Evening

The Guidance was for 2-3 cm of snow,however the issue was the timing of the PPN

Which arrived 5 hours later than first thought,originally the PPN was due at 0500.

Anyway that' the past so let' look forward and see what tomorrow brings.

C.S

Yes, the precipitation was heavily delayed, which probably meant it slowed down and fizzled faster than originally expected when it came up against the block.

• Like 1

Posted

BBC forecast wasn't that great if anything falls it will be washed away by rain in the end 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Drizzling here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Whats happened with NMM? Still on yesterday 18Z

Posted
14 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

BBC forecast wasn't that great if anything falls it will be washed away by rain in the end 

Well the uppers should be -8 or below until saturday morning acc to the models so yes i would expect it to be washed away but not until saturday surely?

Posted
15 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Well the uppers should be -8 or below until saturday morning acc to the models so yes i would expect it to be washed away but not until saturday surely?

I think any settling snow will melt by lunchtime as there will be plenty of sunny spells in between the showers. The sun now has quite a bit of strength and besides the showers will get few and far between in the afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
1 hour ago, Had Worse said:

image.thumb.png.2ca31f91dd9ca777e21de33d2c45bae4.png Looks ok.

LOL :closedeyes:

image.thumb.png.2ca31f91dd9ca777e21de33d2c45bae4.png.e1defd7b2cd8f4792f08bce4b62e0667.png

Posted
5 minutes ago, karyo said:

I think any settling snow will melt by lunchtime as there will be plenty of sunny spells in between the showers. The sun now has quite a bit of strength and besides the showers will get few and far between in the afternoon.

Perhaps, if it could last until fri night that would be great, its going to get washed away saturday anyway.

As you say, sunday could be interesting too..

Posted
Just now, northwestsnow said:

Perhaps, if it could last until fri night that would be great, its going to get washed away saturday anyway.

As you say, sunday could be interesting too..

bbc app has downgraded to mainly sleet tomorrow anyway :yahoo:

Posted
12 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

bbc app has downgraded to mainly sleet tomorrow anyway :yahoo:

BBC have only ever had sleet for me. The met office has the snow and less sun. Will see which is the more correct tomorrow morning I guess. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

image.thumb.png.30f82bff0b26fc58d1d3d34461fc3067.png

48 minutes ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

LOL :closedeyes:

image.thumb.png.2ca31f91dd9ca777e21de33d2c45bae4.png.e1defd7b2cd8f4792f08bce4b62e0667.png

image.thumb.png.b7ff62dacf98f7375791cba3d7d1e6a9.png Fear not, a transient event for you pal.

Edited by Had Worse
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I'd rather the slush stays away too, because on a continuation of a theme this winter, anything that has come from the west has been a little too wet to admire for too long...unless you're feeding the sheep on the moorland tops.  I either want an easterly now, or a fast track to spring would be very welcome.

Heavy spells of rain now, took awhile to get going, but the radar is coming to life.

Posted
4 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

I'd rather the slush stays away too, because on a continuation of a theme this winter, anything that has come from the west has been a little too wet to admire for too long...unless you're feeding the sheep on the moorland tops.  I either want an easterly now, or a fast track to spring would be very welcome.

Heavy spells of rain now, took awhile to get going, but the radar is coming to life.

No thanks, thankfully the stratospheric warming will give us an interesting first half to spring.