Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion Thread 15/1/2018 onwards

Deep Snow please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
3 minutes ago, karyo said:

I think the cloud will be slow to clear tonight so probably frost free for most of us. Tomorrow night and Monday night though should be proper frosty.

My instincts are telling me that we will get an air frost tonight...just. Let’s see. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Still raining here dispite temperatures dropping. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Just popped in from the Scottish thread to say I agree with you guys about the MOD thread. The place is a complete joke, plenty of chances of snow for many parts of the UK over the next couple of weeks. Winter is over according to the mad house though as it’s not showing great potential for the SE. If we post anything about the upcoming PM shots then people start moaning.

I hope you guys get some decent snowfall over the next couple of weeks :smile:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

21 hours of continuous light to moderate rain here,now that' what I call a stalling front.

Quite ironic that if snow arrives Tuesday morning it will make a quick exit within a few hours.

C.S

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
4 minutes ago, karyo said:

Unfortunately the ECM has also downgraded the precipitation band for Tuesday. It breaks up over our region. The earlier run was making it here.

http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/atlantic/#type=prec

Thursday the rain has no problem though:D

C.S

Posted
1 minute ago, karyo said:

Of course!

Hi all i have been a member and lurker on here for 14 years but was dissuaded a long time ago posting in the mod thread due to its south east bias. 

Below is a message sent to a moderator 

Hi paul

I have been a member of net weather for 14 years but have been persuaded not to post in the mod thread  due to the lack of thought to us from the North West.....if we post we get shot down. Posts about pm incursions etc. The mod thread seems to be all about the south east and if snow or cold dont show for them  ...winter is over. Maybe perhaps a moderator can put the point across that other users use the site who aren't all from the south east. I also speak for a lot of north west member's. If you pop into the thread you will see the obvious comments that people dont Bother anymore with the mod thread. This is mainly due to a very large and obvious south east bais.

Best regards

Ian stewart

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/Snow/Storms
33 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Hasn't rained here since it stopped ,turned much colder too 

“Hasn’t rained since it stopped” Wow, who would have thought.????

Edited by tvh3382

Posted
22 minutes ago, ian34 said:

Hi all i have been a member and lurker on here for 14 years but was dissuaded a long time ago posting in the mod thread due to its south east bias. 

Below is a message sent to a moderator 

Hi paul

I have been a member of net weather for 14 years but have been persuaded not to post in the mod thread  due to the lack of thought to us from the North West.....if we post we get shot down. Posts about pm incursions etc. The mod thread seems to be all about the south east and if snow or cold dont show for them  ...winter is over. Maybe perhaps a moderator can put the point across that other users use the site who aren't all from the south east. I also speak for a lot of north west member's. If you pop into the thread you will see the obvious comments that people dont Bother anymore with the mod thread. This is mainly due to a very large and obvious south east bais.

Best regards

Ian stewart

I hope he listens. I didn't get a response about a different issue so hopefully you will have better luck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Would be buzzing if we can manage a dusting on Tuesday, haven't seen lying snow in daylight since Jan 2013, however the ppn looks light so will probably struggle to stick near the coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Looks like we could be in for a few hours of the stuff

Posted
2 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Looks like we could be in for a few hours of the stuff

Cumbria has a better chance of the front reaching with some half decent intensity.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Had your volcano fix karyo ?

Yes Moki, the island is full of volcanic cones. Perfect for hiking around them.

4 minutes ago, karyo said:

Yes Moki, the island is full of volcanic cones. Perfect for hiking around them.

Excellent I hiked up Lascar volcano ,knackering 5,600 metres to see steam ,lol wanted to climb Licancabur but proved  impossible due to incorrect carnet for Bolivia :nonono:

Edited by Mokidugway

Posted
11 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Excellent I hiked up Lascar volcano ,knackering 5,600 metres to see steam ,lol wanted to climb Licancabur but proved  impossible due to incorrect carnet for Bolivia :nonono:

That's really impressive! I bet the view was amazing from up there. Make sure you post pics.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Awful grey, damp day with occasional light rain.  Currently 2.2C so any PPN overnight will be sleet/snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Using a blend of model output; I cannot see any time apart from maybe 3 hours on Tuesday that looks marginal ATM. Not looking further than Wednesday night yet. I would advise everyone to concentrate a lot on the 925 mbar temperatures, dew points and freezing level. They are all conducive for 95% of the time.    

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
5 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Using a blend of model output; I cannot see any time apart from maybe 3 hours on Tuesday that looks marginal ATM. Not looking further than Wednesday night yet. I would advise everyone to concentrate a lot on the 925 mbar temperatures, dew points and freezing level. They are all conducive for 95% of the time.    

Thursday looks like rain unfortunately 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Spah1 said:

Thursday looks like rain unfortunately 

I wouldn't be so certain of that yet

• Like 1

Posted

An upgrade on Tuesday's snow band from the GFS, a bit more to it now :good:

63-574UK.thumb.GIF.4e630aeb23a68b98fe3d7a75bf5e8b02.GIF66-574UK.thumb.GIF.d310ed83488031faaedd5ec6d6113fa5.GIF

• Like 5

Posted

Thursdays band has a far more snowy influence to it now, would not surprise me if we end up with 2 bands of snow moving through this week.

GFS

120-574UK.thumb.GIF.46cb41bb5b0db5d36b107ef2ead065a7.GIF126-574UK.thumb.GIF.1f40efc7ddb7d347bb4a43c34459261c.GIF132-574UK.thumb.GIF.dd0754c33197dabbd6298825e437fb14.GIF

ICON

iconeu_uk1-1-114-0.thumb.png.5bd554997e47314b13fccc8a78aa867c.pngiconeu_uk1-1-117-0.thumb.png.40dbc24486169bf2665f49cd6a7da898.png

• Like 1