Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion Thread 15/1/2018 onwards

Deep Snow please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
6 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

strange, euro4 has the showers turning more and more to snow between tea time and midnight..

Perhaps because wins veer so less sea modification around, But 850s would suggest still 200 m plus. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

What’s all this talk about tonight? All that happens is winds veer North-North-West  but 850s are 2 C warmer than gnow. Precipitation   Won’t get very far inland with that flow direction either. 

Sorry to be negative, but just not seeing it for most of the region atm. 

Metoffice warning indicates a general area of rain, sleet and snow moving across tonight and NWS has reported encouraging signs on EURO4 for tonight as well. Tonight must be a recent development as earlier metoffice forecast wasn't that inspiring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Just had heavy hail shower:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
5 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Perhaps because wins veer so less sea modification around, But 850s would suggest still 200 m plus. 

Agreed. I am expecting little below 200 - 300m so will be a bonus if anything significant does happen at my elevation.

Edited by Dexter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

image.thumb.png.753fa4816462e9657a0a3b57dba01a09.pngimage.thumb.png.1114bbe268e0f09a5baa6c6717ee4433.pngSeems to be this, so they do know about it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
5 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Metoffice warning indicates a general area of rain, sleet and snow moving across tonight and NWS has reported encouraging signs on EURO4 for tonight as well. Tonight must be a recent development as earlier metoffice forecast wasn't that inspiring.

Let’s see then :-) happy to be wrong. There is a significant wind change which would suggest a front/trough/short wave. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Miamay said:

Just had heavy hail shower:cold:

Me too. Couldn’t even be bothered to give us any  lightning. 

Posted

Latest Liverpool TAF suggests showers will be ongoing all night which is new; initially rain but then sleet (RASN). 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Weather-history said:

Showers seems to be more wintrier than that the Tuedsay night debacle, a fortnight ago.

Im actually more interested in saturday Kevin.

As you undoubedly know this regions best snow events tend to be systems moving in from the Atlantic bumping into cold air.

Little mention of it yet on the wires (BEEB etc) but we will be watching the 12z with interest- similar next week potentially too.

Very exciting times for this region IMHO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Cold rain first thing, then fine for a couple of hours now cloud increasing with increasingly shorter sunny periods.  Currently dry. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
13 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Showers seems to be more wintrier than during the Tuesday night debacle, a fortnight ago.

Totally agree, even here as I type from my sick bed nursing the mother of all ear infections we have had hail/sleet showers on & off. Just catching up with the mods on my phone and wow things are looking really interesting for Feb! :cold:

Posted

Fun drive back from Buxton at 1pm with blue skies over the market town and past Dove Holes watching Kinder Scout getting blanketed with sheets of snow and nothing but darkness behind the curtain of precipitation. The hills now have snow covering the tops with more showers incoming.

Posted

Hail/graupel/sleet showers earlier now proper flakes in moderate to heavy showers....currently snowing.... had slushy 1-2cm an hour ago after prolonged shower.... bit of a shock after coming back from Gibraltar/sotogrande/Ceuta where it was  17-21c....Monday was bonkers down there with 70mph winds causing damage and having the crossing into Gibraltar closed.... helicopter journey to Ceuta was lovely though in clear blue skies on Friday.....

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

I was hoping for an end to  this rubbish,not long though :D

Welcome back. U off away again?

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
5 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Totally agree, even here as I type from my sick bed nursing the mother of all ear infections we have had hail/sleet showers on & off. Just catching up with the mods on my phone and wow things are looking really interesting for Feb! :cold:

No sleet here but did have hail not long ago.. showers of hail have been on and off. I feel the area of Precipitation. will be more rain here later

Posted

Can't post any charts on my phone (too much hassle) but mods look very interesting right now, let's hope the good cold trend continue's. Could be some snow around soon not just hills either!!!

I'm talking weekend onward not today.

Edited by Day 10