Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion Thread 15/1/2018 onwards

Deep Snow please

Posted
6 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

It might be me but looking at xcweather it looks like the centre of the low is slightly further south than first forecast, as Damianslaw says a wrap around PPN may head our way and even the GFS shows that snowfall may occur further southwards as the low continues its track of an ESE'ly direction.  

Just thinking the same.... im to far south but Lancaster area looks good now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
9 minutes ago, Osca31 said:

Yes probably , 97M where i am..Still going here

has it settled on the road?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.

Ok, moderate snowfall here which has accumulated quite quickly, maybe a cm or so.

Think it will fall steadily till day break giving similar accumulations to the late December event.

A rather bizzare day it must be said!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

think thats it now, just light sleet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Raining steadily now

Posted
12 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Yes its game over for us-

Hopefully friday can deliver although the set up looks similar to tues ..

I dont know like, I got a feeling with the low slightly further south than forecast, there might be more PPN for even the Manchester after 3 until around breakfast time, not a gurantee but its one to watch I think. Guess the issue will be the flow will turn NW'ly anyways so that could scupper things but who knows.

Posted

well it turned back to snow about 15 minutes ago but is really wet and not laying, its actually melted the little bit of snow that did lay

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I

Posted
2 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

I dont know like, I got a feeling with the low slightly further south than forecast, there might be more PPN for even the Manchester after 3 until around breakfast time, not a gurantee but its one to watch I think. Guess the issue will be the flow will turn NW'ly anyways so that could scupper things but who knows.

Nah- its gone for us, needed the correction south to continue from yesterday but it just never happened.

thur night into fri offers the next and possibly last chance for quite a while looking at the models.

Uppers around -6 on GFS so i fear another altitude only job.

Posted
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

Nah- its gone for us, needed the correction south to continue from yesterday but it just never happened.

thur night into fri offers the next and possibly last chance for quite a while looking at the models.

Uppers around -6 on GFS so i fear another altitude only job.

Got to admit if only the centre of the low was over Manchester, then tonight would of been a totally different story but it just how it goes unfortunately. Was always going to be transient snow for us in anycase as the winds are forecast to be westerly by the morning time in anycase.

Whilst I'm not expecting snow in the coming days here, I do shall hope the convection will be better than it has been but I would not be surprised if all we get is those localised shower cells that the Irish Sea tends to produce which makes it all very hit and miss. One thing that might favour better convection could be because the flow won't be as strong, we should not see showers from Ireland heading as far eastwards therefore not interfearing with our showers and the showers should have more time to grow and develop but whether other factors such as lapse rates are as high as Tuesday I have no idea. I just be happy too see proper hail showers which produces a covering on the ground!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Jesus third night running with those very powerful gusts! Scary

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers

Best snow event since 16th January 2016, 4cms lying and its coming down thick and fast.

Not a breath of wind so its Narnia out there, for once Cumbria was in the sweet spot.

Andy

• Like 2

Posted

Stockport, chucking it down all day, really windy, still the same. Snowed last night, but not very thick, then it melted. Disappointed as I'm a snow lover ☺.

Posted
21 minutes ago, Penrith Snow said:

Best snow event since 16th January 2016, 4cms lying and its coming down thick and fast.

Not a breath of wind so its Narnia out there, for once Cumbria was in the sweet spot.

Andy

Just shows how close I was from having the heavy rain I did have to have something a lot more wintry, if only the low was 30 or so miles further South, oh well!

Wind in the last 10 mins has really picked up as this low is now clearing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

The wind is wild with big strong gusts 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Rain turning little sleety now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Cumbria getting pasted. That LP would've been interesting if further South. 

• Like 1