IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion Thread 15/1/2018 onwards

Deep Snow please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves
23 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

All those letdowns..... like when you posted this

It's just let down after let down for you :rofl:

The thundersnow was 1 clap in a 5 min shower...the other event was 2 years ago and was all washed away shortly after if i remember right....dosent change anything its still letdown after letdown......do you want my FB profile so you can stalk me on there aswell:nonono:

Edited by chicken soup

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I think Scotland and Ireland probably the next lot going to be dissapointed in  next couple of Winters if the Global Warming continues like this. At least they deserved it after all that snow up there!! :D

Posted
1 minute ago, chicken soup said:

The thundersnow was 1 clap in a 5 min shower...the other event was 2 years ago and was all washed away shortly after if i remember right....dosent change anything its still letdown after letdown......do you want my FB profile so you can stalk me on there aswell:nonono:

Why do you post utter whiney pap on FB as well? :hi:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves
24 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

All those letdowns..... like when you posted this

It's just let down after let down for you :rofl:

The thunder was one clap last year during a 5 min shower...the other event was washed a way quickly same day 2 years ago....dosent change the fact that its letdown after letdown..do you want my FB profile so you can stalk me on there as well:rofl:

Posted
39 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

If you are North of Kendal you should be fine.

south of Kendall and its not going to happen.

More rain and wind then, yay.

15 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

Why do you post utter whiney pap on FB as well? :hi:

Come off it; snow cover isn't any good if it's as though someone has shuffled a few bits of flour.

We've had one decent event in Blackburn this winter and it was washed away quickly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
29 minutes ago, gearbox100 said:

3rd weather warning yet absolutely nothing. It just isn't happening here. Winters have changed. 

There will be a fourth one issued as well for Sunday as the Atlantic rolls in giving a brief slush fest.

C.S

Posted
5 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

There will be a fourth one issued as well for Sunday as the Atlantic rolls in giving a brief slush fest.

C.S

Looking at the model output, it is going to be the last one for a long while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Just seen a BBC national forecast and it still looked ok for NW tonight / tomorrow morning. Has confused me now given the model output and general opinions on here!!

Posted
56 minutes ago, karyo said:

Looking at the model output, it is going to be the last one for a long while.

Thats a shame,  things can change quickly I know, but anything good enough for snow here looks unlikely in the 2nd half of Jan.  For me that only leaves feb, I know we can and do get snow in March or even April, but personally once we are into Mach, I stop being interested in cold and snow and would much prefer to see settled and mild. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, chris78 said:

Thats a shame,  things can change quickly I know, but anything good enough for snow here looks unlikely in the 2nd half of Jan.  For me that only leaves feb, I know we can and do get snow in March or even April, but personally once we are into Mach, I stop being interested in cold and snow and would much prefer to see settled and mild. 

My interest for cold and snow never ceases but realistically as February progresses the sun becomes a major enemy for any lasting snow.

Mind you, we can't even get snow to last a day in January now. I had a nice covering (of hail mostly) when I went to bed and it still managed to melt completely by the time I woke up at 7am. That's diabolical for mid January on a night with cold uppers.

Posted
11 minutes ago, karyo said:

My interest for cold and snow never ceases but realistically as February progresses the sun becomes a major enemy for any lasting snow.

Mind you, we can't even get snow to last a day in January now. I had a nice covering (of hail mostly) when I went to bed and it still managed to melt completely by the time I woke up at 7am. That's diabolical for mid January on a night with cold uppers.

But expected when you get a mild sector........

Do people really believe that there where no marginal events or non events in the 60/70/80's

Posted
2 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

But expected when you get a mild sector........

Do people really believe that there where no marginal events or non events in the 60/70/80's

The ice/snow cover melted overnight when the uppers were below -5. If that's the case then the whole polar maritime was a mild sector apart from a few hours when we hit -7/-8.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, karyo said:

The ice/snow cover melted overnight when the uppers were below -5. If that's the case then the whole polar maritime was a mild sector apart from a few hours when we hit -7/-8.

That's what was forecast and the temps you talk about didn't really have time to embed in, its not like we where under those conditions for a day or two was it?

had the flow been as originally forecast (the temps would have got colder and colder but things change, that's life.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & sunshine

I think it'l go down to about -60 give or take a few degrees and tomorrow it'l be up in the 40+ with loads of red hot sun. If it's anything to do with our weather and the weather people reporting it then anything' possible. Pmsl

Posted
7 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

That's what was forecast and the temps you talk about didn't really have time to embed in, its not like we where under those conditions for a day or two was it?

had the flow been as originally forecast (the temps would have got colder and colder but things change, that's life.

Well yes, things always change so that the cold uppers get interrupted. This usually happens because the models pick up a shortwave which blocks the cold air. Just like the one that will affect us tonight. The plethora of shortwaves is another symptom of warmer seas.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
42 minutes ago, Snowmusic said:

Just seen a BBC national forecast and it still looked ok for NW tonight / tomorrow morning. Has confused me now given the model output and general opinions on here!!

I know that the warnings and model output don't look great for much of the region, but the updated Manchester Airport TAF is still holding steady on the possibility of snow overnight. We will just have to see.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Surprise surprise, coastal cumbria out of the warning again, while north east coast is in? Cba with this anymore

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, karyo said:

Well yes, things always change so that the cold uppers get interrupted. This usually happens because the models pick up a shortwave which blocks the cold air. Just like the one that will affect us tonight. The plethora of shortwaves is another symptom of warmer seas.

Shortwave have always existed and are created by two different air masses advances either CAA over Warm are or WAA over Cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
4 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Surprise surprise, coastal cumbria out of the warning again, while north east coast is in? Cba with this anymore

You'll be back for more :D

Posted
4 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Think maybe you should take a break CM, you seem to take it quite personally and it seems to surprise you every time.   You live in an area that isnt going to get much if any snow, ever, it will happen but it will be very rare.  On the plus side you live in one of the most beautiful parts of the country.