Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Maplin Weather Station - Temperature Gauge Reading.

Posted

Hello

I was wondering if anyone can offer some advice on how to solve a problem with the temperature gauge on my weather station?

I have one of these https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-professional-solar-powered-wi-fi-weather-station-n23dq and the temperature sensor seems to have gone.  It's currently reading 19.5c, when actually it's 11c.  It has been like this for a few weeks, so I contacted Maplins to see if they could direct me towards spares, as it is out of warranty.  

They have come back via email today saying they do not keep spares or know where to get them from.

Any advice on spares or how to get it working?

Thanks in advance

Darren 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Hi Darren, take the batteries out of your sensor and weather monitor for 24 hours, that will allow the device to reset to factory default...hope this helps.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Windchime72 said:

Hi Darren, take the batteries out of your sensor and weather monitor for 24 hours, that will allow the device to reset to factory default...hope this helps.

Thanks for that, I will try it at the weekend, weather dependent.  

Posted

Is the cover on properly on your weather sensor? Is your weather sensor near anything that produces heat? like an outside boiler...

Posted

Wxforum.net theres plenty if help on that site, seems to be replacements alright, just type in google search engine, it came up for me ok...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
15 minutes ago, darrenbuttoniow said:

Hello

I was wondering if anyone can offer some advice on how to solve a problem with the temperature gauge on my weather station?

I have one of these https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-professional-solar-powered-wi-fi-weather-station-n23dq and the temperature sensor seems to have gone.  It's currently reading 19.5c, when actually it's 11c.  It has been like this for a few weeks, so I contacted Maplins to see if they could direct me towards spares, as it is out of warranty.  

They have come back via email today saying they do not keep spares or know where to get them from.

Thanks in advance

Darren 

I have one of those stations with a faulty temp sensor, will have to try and find the link somewhere but you can buy a new temp/humidity sensor and then solder the new one on if your any good with that kind of stuff.

Its probably your only option as Maplin won't do bugger all.

Have a read through this, I think there are some links on replacement sensors

https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=32638.0

Posted

Guys

Just logged back in and thanks for all the help so far.  Just hope the weather at the weekend allows me to take a look and try out some of these suggestions.

Regards

Darren

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear sky or snow

I'm sorry to say I have returned two of these stations to maplins both with faulty temp sensors. Luckily both in warranty, so I got a refund for the second replacement unit

and I got a vantage vue instead, so far it's been a lot more reliable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Some parts for the N23DQ are available on EBay

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow and tarmac melting heat
On 1/2/2018 at 20:23, darrenbuttoniow said:

Hello

Thanks in advance

Darren 

Did you manage to get to the root cause of the problem? I have the exact same station and I am experiencing the same issue.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear sky or snow

if it is always off by the same amount have a look at the calibrate option.

if you can adjust for that much error on the console?

Posted

Just seen on the news that Maplins have gone bust, don't suppose the guarantee on their own brand keyboard I bought from them last week is worth much.

Posted
9 hours ago, huntso said:

Just seen on the news that Maplins have gone bust, don't suppose the guarantee on their own brand keyboard I bought from them last week is worth much.

I guess not :-)

Posted
9 hours ago, trebor said:

if it is always off by the same amount have a look at the calibrate option.

if you can adjust for that much error on the console?

I have tried this and actually, in this colder weather the UK is experiencing, it's not fair off.