Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Going Direct to a Page on a Forum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Hi...... just a question / suggestion which I appreciate might be a lot harder to put into practice than it sounds!

When, for example, I am looking at the "Forecast models, atmosphere, stratosphere & global drivers" page, i get the option to go direct to one of five pages of the relevant topics...being pages 1,2 3 4 and whatever the most recent page is.

My main destination would be for the current output discussion, and more often than not, i want to pick it up from where I last left it, which would generally mean two or three pages prior to the most recent page, dependent on how much excitement the latest run of whatever model has produced!!

Very very rarely, rarer than a 1962/63 winter, would i ever want to go back to pages 1 ,2 ,3 or 4.

So I was wondering..... would it be possible to change these options to page 1 and the previous four pages?  If that is possible would it be to most people's liking if it could be done?

I know it's easy to go the the last page and then go bacj from there, or even type a page no. into the address bar, but sometimes on my phone when it seems a long time to upload, I'd rather be waiting for the page that i want insted of the page that will present me the means of getting to the page that I want! :) 

Posted

Hi Paul

The custom skew-t diagrams are not working this morning?

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Can confirm they are not working.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Hi Paul

Where the "unread content" page?

As an example of what I mean, I was going to pop into the Model Moans, Ramps and Banter thread.  To the right hand side of where it is listed there are the page number links 1. 2 ,3 , 4 , 294

What i was wondering was if it was possible to have the page number links as 1,291,292,293,294  instead?

Ah....I see the unread content bit.   I'm not sure it fulfils my desires! :)   for example, i haven't been in the MMRB  thread for a while so i know I'm probably looking to catch up from about page 292. But to go back two or three pages I first have to click into the latest page  (and risk seeing spoliers!). Then i get an option to click a page link for page 292.  In the meantime, I can't really envisage the primary provided page links for pages 1,2,3 and 4 ever being used once a thread has gone past page ten.  And the page one link is anyway just a duplicate of clicking on the thread name. 

Edited by Timmytour