Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.
9 minutes ago, tinybill said:

local weather on bbc lookeast for  monday snow for our area  she said

Think what we have to bear in mind it is still only Thursday, preempting anything for next week is a stab in the dark BUT if it is starting to be mentioned in the media then you pretty much know this setup is pretty nailed on.

Edit: I`m not being selfish but something like my avatar would be lovely (must have been from our last Easterly or NE`rly)

Edited by Stuie W
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

This is going to be a very busy thread over the next few days.  Not wanting to be a killjoy but don't bank on this frigid cold spell necessarily delivering bundles of snow.  Undoubtedly once the cold is, anything can happen but I'm not seeing too much in the way of snowfall for our region, just yet.  But these forecasted 850mb uppers are extreme and quite unusual for us in the south east and any disturbances in the flow would equal snow, and best of all there would be no marginality at all.

Strap yourselves in and hold tight, it could be a bumpy ride!

• Like 5

Posted

No snow, don’t want any thanks :nonono:Last time I said this back in December, we in the triangle got a good covering, albeit not long lasting. So I don’t want any, nope not a flake! this means we will get loads, the trianglers can thank me later :drunk-emoji:

Posted

Radar says all rain but that is 100% snow. 

E02345B6-2436-4E5B-BE0E-D9AA820F516D.png

EC1EDD04-0DAD-4636-B9C4-0E737D2D71E6.jpeg

Edited by lottiekent
Trying to improve pic quality
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
Just now, lottiekent said:

Radar says all rain but that is 100% snow. 

E02345B6-2436-4E5B-BE0E-D9AA820F516D.png

DB231097-52F0-42CE-A1F5-546A364DD36B.png

Nothing but rain here, how strange!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Banked forecast is banked.

WEATHER BANK.png

Posted
3 minutes ago, KentishDan said:

Nothing but rain here, how strange!

I know! Honestly, I’d think I was making it up if I wasn’t me! Where are you? On mobile so can’t see locations on profiles.

Edited by lottiekent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

The latest BBC SE forecast referred to next week as "The beast from the east". I've never heard them use that term before!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

When is that for?

Sunday. Took a screeny before it changes.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
7 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

The latest BBC SE forecast referred to next week as "The beast from the east". I've never heard them use that term before!

Really, I'm pretty sure it was used in 2010 I think, don't think it was 2009. A very snowy cold spell that wasn't a proper easterly if I recall. But I think the express coined the term first while the models were showing a proper easterly. When the cold spell happened it became wide spread in the media, although quite probably not weather forecasts.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Really, I'm pretty sure it was used in 2010 I think, don't think it was 2009. A very snowy cold spell that wasn't a proper easterly if I recall. But I think the express coined the term first while the models were showing a proper easterly. When the cold spell happened it became wide spread in the media, although quite probably not weather forecasts.

I have to say that I haven’t seen snow predictions like that on net weather since 2010 so hopefully that’s a good sign. It’s absolutely chucking it down here 4 degrees at the mo. Worrying thing is the ice in the morning disuse to temperature drop. 

• Like 2

Posted

Eagerly awaiting Tight Isobar.... #justsaying 

• Like 1

Posted

@Cableguy

It`s not worth taking any precipitation info for next week into consideration until next week. Even under normal weather conditions, the same is true. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Okay, lets take a closer look at our little region for the coming days, then.

Tomorrow:

Largely dry, perhaps the odd rain, sleet/snow shower across East Anglia and down into the South-East at times but fairly scattered and never really amounting to anything. Feeling cold in the wind.

Saturday:

I don't think the front will reach us, APERGE, HIRLAM, EURO4 all keep it well to the West of us and if anything, further Westerly shifts in the models are possible rather than an Easterly shift. FAX have the front way out across Wales as the Easterly extent.

5a7374c3ae74d_AprergeSaturday.thumb.jpg.22b0ca20de54b7de91991ad631cc434e.jpg5a7374c52ed30_EURO4Saturday.thumb.gif.06efa09f6e2fa83495683c0437d4fd42.gif5a7374c8565d8_HIRLAMSaturday.thumb.jpg.017c45c82ef3952c8ca197034e6fbd3c.jpg5a7374c6a61e4_FAXSaturday.thumb.gif.6de2f5a7ca26d312e9d4a370923eff1f.gif

So, mostly dry, again cold with increasing cloud later on. 

Sunday:

Perhaps the chance of snow early in the morning, FAX charts show a trough moving SSW overnight so this could bring with it some sleet/snow acrossEastern parts of Kent. The APERGE seems to agree with this idea although it shows rain, it will most likely be snow with the cold air in place.

5a73755bd51fe_SUNDAYFAX.thumb.gif.a9cb896ac960689ae91a69b41faaf11d.gif5a73755a1e7bd_SUNDAYFAX2.thumb.gif.1ee1e8431f4e7b8964443f9d20a1af3b.gif5a7375582dee9_APRERGESUN.thumb.jpg.a6abddb674e9c33c214e77e5f6a89718.jpg

Monday: 

Aperge & other models showing largely dry at the moment (new FAX isn't out until later for Monday) though winds veering much more Easterly, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see models start to pick up on a potential snow signal for Monday in the next day or two.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Warm sector gone through here now, ppm still falling dp heading back down, from a max of 1.5 now 0.9

Posted

Rubbish week ahead forecast,showing temps of between 4 and 6c down here,won’t even be sleet just rain at those temps.check it out on the website:wallbash:

Posted
3 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Rubbish week ahead forecast,showing temps of between 4 and 6c down here,won’t even be sleet just rain at those temps.check it out on the website:wallbash:

I agree, shocking week of weather touted...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Snow flurries on Sunday night?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
1 hour ago, KentishDan said:

Okay, lets take a closer look at our little region for the coming days, then.

Tomorrow:

Largely dry, perhaps the odd rain, sleet/snow shower across East Anglia and down into the South-East at times but fairly scattered and never really amounting to anything. Feeling cold in the wind.

Saturday:

I don't think the front will reach us, APERGE, HIRLAM, EURO4 all keep it well to the West of us and if anything, further Westerly shifts in the models are possible rather than an Easterly shift. FAX have the front way out across Wales as the Easterly extent.

5a7374c3ae74d_AprergeSaturday.thumb.jpg.22b0ca20de54b7de91991ad631cc434e.jpg5a7374c52ed30_EURO4Saturday.thumb.gif.06efa09f6e2fa83495683c0437d4fd42.gif5a7374c8565d8_HIRLAMSaturday.thumb.jpg.017c45c82ef3952c8ca197034e6fbd3c.jpg5a7374c6a61e4_FAXSaturday.thumb.gif.6de2f5a7ca26d312e9d4a370923eff1f.gif

So, mostly dry, again cold with increasing cloud later on. 

Sunday:

Perhaps the chance of snow early in the morning, FAX charts show a trough moving SSW overnight so this could bring with it some sleet/snow acrossEastern parts of Kent. The APERGE seems to agree with this idea although it shows rain, it will most likely be snow with the cold air in place.

5a73755bd51fe_SUNDAYFAX.thumb.gif.a9cb896ac960689ae91a69b41faaf11d.gif5a73755a1e7bd_SUNDAYFAX2.thumb.gif.1ee1e8431f4e7b8964443f9d20a1af3b.gif5a7375582dee9_APRERGESUN.thumb.jpg.a6abddb674e9c33c214e77e5f6a89718.jpg

Monday: 

Aperge & other models showing largely dry at the moment (new FAX isn't out until later for Monday) though winds veering much more Easterly, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see models start to pick up on a potential snow signal for Monday in the next day or two.

Superb post imo , Many Thanks for sharing .

• Like 2