Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

A NEly and we can forget it around the London area and areas to the west of London.

Posted

The Met Office update for next week is nothing like what today’s models are showing. They mention rain and showers mid week. Let’s hope we don’t see downgrades later!

Edited by CK1981

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

no snow chaps, hubs has just brought me a new winter dress. 

sorry about that.

• Thanks 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, snowray said:

A NEly and we can forget it around the London area and areas to the west of London.

As posted by Nick F this would be pretty good ENE flow. Colder today currently 6C chance of wintry showers tonight?

61D28002-1526-4C62-AFCD-3146427102B5.thumb.png.4524da561a462558d6593d25e6c55c1d.png717CEDAA-DE68-49D1-B345-9545245A0B77.thumb.png.2ccbaea2f7e99c3e1912d43e545ccc72.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, CK1981 said:

The Met Office update for next week is nothing like what today’s models are showing. They mention rain and showers mid week. Let’s hope we don’t see downgrades later!

UK Outlook for Monday 5 Feb 2018 to Wednesday 14 Feb 2018:

Cloud, rain and snow are likely on Monday across much of the UK, clearing to sunshine and showers, although the southeast may stay largely dry. Outbreaks of rain and snow could then arrive in the north through Tuesday, with sunny spells elsewhere, although it will be cold. Changeable and windy weather will probably come back on Wednesday with rain and snow, before showers return on Thursday. By the following weekend, settled drier weather with lighter winds may become more dominant, accompanied by overnight frost and fog, which may take a long time to clear on some mornings. It will be windy at times, with a chance of snow showers in the east towards the end of the period. Temperatures are likely to stay below average for the time of year.

Looks ok to me? Snow in the forecast for much of the week and then for the E later on, with cold temperatures throughout. Very interested to see where this goes.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted

snow and rain, and we all know what that means.

giphy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

As posted by Nick F this would be pretty good ENE flow. Colder today currently 6C chance of wintry showers tonight?

61D28002-1526-4C62-AFCD-3146427102B5.thumb.png.4524da561a462558d6593d25e6c55c1d.png717CEDAA-DE68-49D1-B345-9545245A0B77.thumb.png.2ccbaea2f7e99c3e1912d43e545ccc72.png

That would be perfect for here and many on this thread, Met office site not showing any PPN and more of a NE/NNEly, hopefully they will change that.

• Like 1

Posted

Showing a little settled snow by Tuesday morning, could we get any more upgrades I wonder?:rolleyes:

144-780UK.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, CK1981 said:

Your looking at the wrong site then,they are talking about wintry  showers from Sunday onwards and turning colder,the extended forecast hasn’t been updated yet,that this mornings one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
27 minutes ago, Dami said:

snow and rain, and we all know what that means.

giphy.gif

Explosive diarrhoea?!

Posted

Not a bad day here, mainly sunny after early showers. The lovely wind is blasting yet again though and making the current 6C feel much colder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 hours ago, username home said:

can feel snow coming in my bones. 

first time that's happened in a few years. 

this place is going to get mega busy in the coming days......

dust your gloves off guys and girls!

are your bones getting cold

• Like 1

Posted

I just cant see this cold spell being a snowmaggedon like some are making out in the MOD. Think it'll be nice and chilly but not sure about meaningful snow for us in the SE.  Feel like we're heading for major disappointment. I hope I'm wrong

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, c00ps said:

I just cant see this cold spell being a snowmaggedon like some are making out in the MOD. Think it'll be nice and chilly but not sure about meaningful snow for us in the SE.  Feel like we're heading for major disappointment. I hope I'm wrong

dry gloomy easterly you think?

Posted
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

dry gloomy easterly you think?

If even an easterly happens but if so then yeah that's what I'm thinking. Any battlegrounds will be west of us and we'll miss it all again. God even I'm depressing myself lol

Posted
1 minute ago, c00ps said:

If even an easterly happens but if so then yeah that's what I'm thinking. Any battlegrounds will be west of us and we'll miss it all again. God even I'm depressing myself lol

lol very rare to get one of those easterlies loaded with snow showers

Posted
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

lol very rare to get one of those easterlies loaded with snow showers

we need a perfect east or NE wind (for us on the north kent coast), long fetch, continual sea effect snow then a channel low. 3 days of snow and 3 foot of snow. Not asking much :rofl:

Edited by c00ps
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

We had a surprisingly intense hail shower at 12:30, with gusty winds thrown in.

Posted
1 hour ago, SLEETY said:

Your looking at the wrong site then,they are talking about wintry  showers from Sunday onwards and turning colder,the extended forecast hasn’t been updated yet,that this mornings one.

Maybe I was viewing the old update. I’ll check again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Temp 4.2 DP 0.0 is it supposed to warm up in front for any showers or may we see some snow soon?

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Explosive diarrhoea?!

no, not even funny.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Dami said:

no, not even funny.

Excuse my childish humour, I had a chuckle. 

Posted

Have to say that it is the first time in ages that te charts have shown on / off snow almost continually for a week , starting anytime Sunday for the SE corner. Even if it downgrades by 50% , something should still happen , Sunday isn't FI status so let's see this one out.

• Like 2