Snow?

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If everyone on here could be friendly and (ideally) find a sense of humour, that would just be hunky dorey.

So just to clarify CK1981 because I have not seen you say this 2,350 times in the last 136 pages of this thread you think there will be something interesting around Mid Month ??? Dont want to go to be

Have nade my first mini snow man. First in 5 years.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Mark Clifford said:

No UKMO warnings for it though... strange... 

There is a Yellow warning for only a few areas in the SE, but this warning should be widened in my opinion

• Like 1

All the pain and suffering that's been suffered over the last 5 years,was worth it I thought,as I stood there,gazing at flake upon flake upon flake,I then realised I was in the confectionery aisle at the supermarket

1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

Was expecting that, it's also spring tide I think. The two do not mix.

Oh thanx. Just read that wind speed roughly 46mph gust speed at 71mph that’s for here in rye now. It’s not raining to much and there are a few things banging outside. We will have to wait and see  I suppose to see  if the wind does get worse but If that is right about the gust speed here right now and  that’s without the storm what will it be like when it does go by?????

2 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Oh thanx. Just read that wind speed roughly 46mph gust speed at 71mph that’s for here in rye now. It’s not raining to much and there are a few things banging outside. We will have to wait and see  I suppose to see  if the wind does get worse but If that is right about the gust speed here right now and  that’s without the storm what will it be like when it does go by?????

Think the winds will peak between 5-7am give or take

Wind really picking up now here, can hear things flying around! Been chucking it down for an hour...sounds like hail at the moment but no way I'm going out to check! I fear for my shed  tonight!

Edited by Darkcloud
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Darkcloud said:

Wind really picking up now here, can hear things flying around! Been chucking it down for an hour...sounds like hail at the moment but no way I'm going out to check! I fear for my she'd tonight!

Thanks.......all the above posts are quality. Been tracking this system 44 hours since it exited Eastern Seaboard US. It has the potential to be really nasty here. Thanks peoples ^^^

2 minutes ago, Balanced View said:

Thanks.......all the above posts are quality. Been tracking this system 44 hours since it exited Eastern Seaboard US. It has the potential to be really nasty here. Thanks peoples ^^^

Yeah my folks are a bit inland from you near lavenham. Bit worried for them!

12 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Starting to sound mental outside now. Just looked gusting in the 40-45 range already.

Also the wind is from the west rather than the normal south as storm travel across North of here.

• Like 1