Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, snowray said:

Fat chance, that runner will be rain down here even if its further south, need a small miracle. ECM 12z not as cold too.:doh:

Like if the LP deepens just enough to take all the sting out of the prevailing west wind, for few hours?:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
9 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Like if the LP deepens just enough to take all the sting out of the prevailing west wind, for few hours?:D

Suffolk/Norfolk might be ok, not Kent though.:cray:

• Like 2

Posted

How many times does the SE get buried when the winds are off the Atlantic Ocean.Even if it is unusually cold air flow like next week.

I presume the High ground in our region will see some lying snow but don’t expect deep snow with severe  drifting in any part of this world or your be severely disappointed.

My patience for the rest of this winter is running out fast.:wallbash:

• Like 2

Posted

The positive things about no snow in our area is 

The schools stay open so no need to have days off to look after kids.

No run on bread and milk

No extra delays on travel.

So my glass is half full not empty because if I look at things this way I can' be disappointed.

On the bright side next week should be colder and brighter than what we have just had which is a good thing

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
51 minutes ago, Snow Queen one said:

The positive things about no snow in our area is 

The schools stay open so no need to have days off to look after kids.

No run on bread and milk

No extra delays on travel.

So my glass is half full not empty because if I look at things this way I can' be disappointed.

On the bright side next week should be colder and brighter than what we have just had which is a good thing

On the negative side of things is I woke up with a sore throat, started sneezing this afternoon and have now got a rotten cold!! Thats as cold as its going to get around here, BBC had 8c for London next week just now on the weather for the week ahead on News24.:wallbash:

Posted
17 minutes ago, Snow Queen one said:

Sorry to hear you have a rotten cold snowray.  Get well soon. 

Thanks Snow Queen.:)

Posted

All those in the north feeling smug about their snow prospects, but wouldn’t it be ironic for a runner through the channel to dump the biggest fall here ?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Maybe I shouldn’t have come in here with a cold the other day @snowray

Maybe I wouldn’t have been so welcome then.

:oops:

Edited by matt111

Posted
22 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Maybe I shouldn’t have come in here with a cold the other day @snowray

Maybe I wouldn’t have been so welcome then.

:oops:

A cold is always welcome around here Matt, ideally with some copious snowfall though, a foot of snow would be perfect, and snow drifts. Oh and with frozen icicles, nothing runny, yuk, like what I've got, a runny nose....  :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
4 minutes ago, snowray said:

A cold is always welcome around here Matt, ideally with some copious snowfall though, a foot of snow would be perfect, and snow drifts. Oh and with frozen icicles, nothing runny, yuk, like what I've got, a runny nose....  :rofl:

Unfortunately that’s the only thing I’ve had from what you’ve just mentioned as well. Maybe the rest follows later on. :pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
On 03/01/2018 at 10:52, alexisj9 said:

Wait a week, or less, it' coming.

I’ve read the phrase on the main thread “slush fest” used to complain at the tame ness of the upcoming cold spell.

I’d just like to say, if this is not acceptable to some “up north”, I’ll happily take this, as it would at least imply some snow falling and even lying, something I’ve seen precious little of since March 13!?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, lawrenk said:

I’ve read the phrase on the main thread “slush fest” used to complain at the tame ness of the upcoming cold spell.

I’d just like to say, if this is not acceptable to some “up north”, I’ll happily take this, as it would at least imply some snow falling and even lying, something I’ve seen precious little of since March 13!?

Didnt see any lying then in Croydon. Been waiting since 2010.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted

morning  all all i say people  in ipswich will know we  are facing the perfect  storm reg are  roads  if this weather comes off next week as our dear council in there wisdom have  decided to start to dig up all the main roads  arouned the town, it dont take a lot for them now to shut the bridge over    the A14. with al the work going on nouthing wil  move  there rant over!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Don't want it to snow, so there.:p

nice cloud, cool, no wind, no frost, no mist.

:lazy:

Posted
10 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Didnt see any lying then in Croydon. Been waiting since 2010.

Croydon? Why Croydon?:cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Both of the updated MO long rangers, posted elsewhere on this site, seem like subtle upgrades to me. Only brief incursions from the west and generally below average temps right out to the end.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

after this weather on Monday are we in for even a chance of a little snow,??? There are so many opinions on the mod thread. Get extremely confused

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!
26 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

after this weather on Monday are we in for even a chance of a little snow,??? There are so many opinions on the mod thread. Get extremely confused

Well, yesterday's evening forecast for "London", weather forecaster teased by saying next week could include something "Wintry"...:crazy:

At least BBC Weather are hinting that something other than rain "might" be falling in the capital next week... :wink:

Link Below.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643743

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

North-Westerlies for our region are about as useful as a Southerly direct from Africa for getting snow here.

I guess we might see the odd shower but, mostly cloudy, cold and breezy. Lovely.. No excitement whatsoever for me in this upcoming "cold spell"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!
4 minutes ago, Danny* said:

North-Westerlies for our region are about as useful as a Southerly direct from Africa for getting snow here.

I guess we might see the odd shower but, mostly cloudy, cold and breezy. Lovely.. No excitement whatsoever for me in this upcoming "cold spell"

I have to agree with you here, Danny.

Usually likely places like NW Britain and NI do well in these set-ups.

We get the odd snowflake and sleet here and there but noting substantial.

I'm going in with low expectations and not expecting much, so if anything unusual does crop up next week, it will be a plesant surprise.  :cray::crazy::wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I am one of those snow lovers who swears never to follow the model discussions or look at the Netweather forecasts. It is always downgrades and disappointment.  This morning the forecast was a high chance for heavy snow on Thursday night...already downgraded to heavy rain.  I do need to know though. I have to make plans for my three mares, two from Iberia about how to care for them in extreme weather. So the annual rollercoaster of model watch and forecast checking continues. 

Oh, and I am in the Chilterns...no longer a guarantee of snow here anymore

Edited by Ravendane

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another grey and dreary day here and feeling very chilly, despite a maximum temperature of 8C.