Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
20 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

that's a shame, after 4 pints you deserve to be properly  jaffa caksed

Exactly! Well at least tonights 18z has cheered me up no end after the abysmal effort from the ECM earlier this evening.:D

gens-0-1-240.png

gens-0-0-240.png

gens-0-1-384.png

gens-0-0-384.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
9 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Lol, it's shrove Tuesday already, sound like a very early Easter this year, may be a snowy one.

"Ave em on a Wednesday" - Karl Pilkington 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
10 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Lol, it's shrove Tuesday already, sound like a very early Easter this year, may be a snowy one.

Yes its an early Easter alright, might be a white one after all with our current record breaking SSW likely to ruin my Spring this year. I can remember more white Easters than white Christmases if I'm honest.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
11 minutes ago, snowray said:

Exactly! Well at least tonights 18z has cheered me up no end after the abysmal effort from the ECM earlier this evening.:D

gens-0-1-240.png

gens-0-0-240.png

gens-0-1-384.png

gens-0-0-384.png

hope no purpley stuff gets here:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

hope no purpley stuff gets here:cold:

To be honest me too, that's far to cold, all I want is a little bit of landed snow for a few days, not weeks though.

Posted
6 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Nope first time now...never bothered before but cracking film. Just found moth in the mouth.

it is good, but i meant IT with the clown, forgot the capitals lol:oops:

5 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

To be honest me too, that's far to cold, all I want is a little bit of landed snow for a few days, not weeks though.

Yes just snow with no marginal nonsense, but no purples please lol

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Yes but the way things have gone so far this winter, its always been too mild for a decent snow event, even -10c uppers last week turned out to be not cold enough for snow to stick around very much and the sun will be even stronger after next weekend. So it seems to me that we might need some of the "purpley stuff" for a reasonable snow event to occur, in our region at any rate. I mean places like Scotland get snow regularly in May and June for crying out loud!:good:

Posted
2 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Seen IT yes , ok but nothing special....Best horror film iv ever seen is The Exorcist. Mind you the weather models are horror shows sometimes!

yes it wasn't bad and the exorcist was very frightening

Just now, Snowflake Queen said:

Nightmare on elm street ! Ewwww his nails dirty boy ! 

no nail bars back then lol, he would be in one 24/7 nowadays

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
51 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

Hastings likes nothing more than any excuse to dress up, throw a party and celebrate any event throughout the year :)

https://www.hastingsfattuesday.co.uk/

Mention of it earlier reminded me of a Vodka bar in the Hastings Old Town called “Revolver”which used to do a lethal ”Jaffa cake” cocktail. No idea if it’s still there or not.

GFS 18z is pretty good by the way.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

Just to let you know it's hailing in Cumbria ,or is it the sound of boney knuckles dragging along the blacktop .....

Yes, unfortunately for you, Cumbria will always be at a disadantage when it comes to snow due to the advantage in altitude we have in the wilder parts of Sussex, Kent, Surrey etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Went to bed really early, so by 2 am, felt refreshed enough, to come downstairs and log in.

I joined the forum, at the end of Jan 2005, After a run of poor Winters, 04/05 was heading the same way .I remember a lot of discussion centred around the lack of HLB, with Ian Brown suggesting were unlikely to achieve much HLB, anymore, due to the onset, of " Global Warming ". As if by magic and "cocking  a snook ", at IBs theories, the synoptic profile, suddenly changed, dramatically!!

The possible evolving synoptic pattern, around 20th Feb, reminds me very much of  mid to late Feb 2005. The current ENSO situation, is in a similar weakfish state too. A couple of charts from that late Feb spell, below. Sorry, I've forgotten how to post thumb nail charts.

AVN_1_2005022500_1.pngAVN_1_2005022200_1.png

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Sorry, pasted above charts ^^. in wrong order!! :oops: Both days, featured mid-evening, Thames Streamers, about 5 hours, in duration and had, ground temperatures, been lower and source region been colder, depth of snow would no doubt have been greater, than the couple of inches, I recorded, as snow was very heavy at times, The ground was very wet, initially and snow took a while, to stick.  I was living in, Anerley, S.E.London, SE20, at the time. Where I live now, in Lee, SE12, is in a more favourable location than Anerley SE20,for Thames Streamers,  being further east and closer to the Estuary. 

Now I'm not saying the synoptic pattern, will evolve exactly, as Feb 2005 but certainly the similarities, are there

Those of you worried about settling snow, in the final third of Feb, I wouldnt be too worried, especially, if we can record, a few sharpish frosts, first.

Regards,

Tom :hi:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
7 hours ago, lawrenk said:

Mention of it earlier reminded me of a Vodka bar in the Hastings Old Town called “Revolver”which used to do a lethal ”Jaffa cake” cocktail. No idea if it’s still there or not.

GFS 18z is pretty good by the way.

Well remembered,those Jaffa cake cocktails were scrummy doodles! It’s now called Trago Whistle bar or something like that. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
4 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Sorry, pasted above charts ^^. in wrong order!! :oops: Both days, featured mid-evening, Thames Streamers, about 5 hours, in duration and had, ground temperatures, been lower and source region been colder, depth of snow would no doubt have been greater, than the couple of inches, I recorded, as snow was very heavy at times, The ground was very wet, initially and snow took a while, to stick.  I was living in, Anerley, S.E.London, SE20, at the time. Where I live now, in Lee, SE12, is in a more favourable location than Anerley SE20,for Thames Streamers,  being further east and closer to the Estuary. 

Now I'm not saying the synoptic pattern, will evolve exactly, as Feb 2005 but certainly the similarities, are there

Those of you worried about settling snow, in the final third of Feb, I wouldnt be too worried, especially, if we can record, a few sharpish frosts, first.

Regards,

Tom :hi:

The spell in 2005 was really very poor and a huge disappointment at the time I do hope we can do better than that this time .... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Beautiful start here, crisp, deep blue skies with virtually no wind. Temp. 5.7C, DP 1.8C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Sunny and breezy here in Cobham 3.8c dp 0.3c lovely !

Edited by Badgers01
Typo

Posted
37 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Beautiful blue sky, crisp, sunny Winters morning.

25 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Beautiful start here, crisp, deep blue skies with virtually no wind. Temp. 5.7C, DP 1.8C.

fancy some crisps now:sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Any mention of this afternoon's freezing rain/sleet event potential? :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Think event is pushing it Kent, hit or miss showers.

All eyes on Tuesday imo!

EDIT: Sorry missed the sarcasm :-)

Edited by Stuie W