Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

heavy snizzle shower here at the moment

Posted
9 minutes ago, Chris74 said:

Hi is there still a chance of snow in Kent Tuesday as last night's weather for the week head he said there could be a some snow as the winds swing round to a southerly direction.

Gonna have to be a radar and window watch, theres a slim chance but maybe the wrong side of marginal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Snowy flurry in Crowborough! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
4 minutes ago, Chris101 said:

Couple of small showers gone through, rain with nothing more than a slight trace of ice in it.

I think we've had some rain this past few minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Radar showing quite heavy showers through Lincs, Norfolk, all the way down to Kent. May be some sleet and snow in that lot.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
33 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Nowt in South Norfolk as yet - the ppn. is to our west.

May turn wintry this evening in heavier PPN.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Sleety/wet snow shower in Hastings just now :)

• Like 2

Posted

Doesn't look like we will get much if any snow today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, hot and sunny in summer

The sun is out here in Tunbridge Wells now. I give up on this snow. When’s the next chance? 

Posted

Currently raining here in Bury St Edmund's, Suffolk. 

I just about give up on this winter, all this marginal crap just isn't fun. Even when we had -10 uppers last weekend, the snow/ice still thawed by 10am. 

It just seems impossible to get everything in our favour for snow the past few years. 

Edited by Bobby93
  • Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Next chance ..... hmmm maybe next year 

bring  on the sunshine now please :) 

I was hoping for an early spring in March this year and not a late winter, unfortunately it is likely to be the latter.

My hope is that this SSW will produce a weeks deep freeze and lots of snow the last week in February, and then we hit 20c by the second week of March.:rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Bobby93 said:

Currently raining here in Bury St Edmund's, Suffolk. 

I just about give up on this winter, all this marginal crap just isn't fun. Even when we had -10 uppers last weekend, the snow/ice still thawed by 10am. 

It just seems impossible to get everything in our favour for snow the past few years. 

Yes it feels more like early March than early February, the sun feels particularly strong too when it comes out.

Edited by snowray

2 minutes ago, snowray said:

I was hoping for an early spring in March this year and not a late winter, unfortunately it is likely to be the latter.

My hope is that this SSW will produce a weeks deep freeze and lots of snow the last week in February, and then we hit 20c by the second week of March.:rofl:

Fantastic! :) 

• Like 2

Good evening all hope your Friday has been good and the weekend is here. Just finished work here in Milton Keynes all ready for my commute back to London. It's not been a bad day here today the sun has been out most of the time and apart from the odd fleeting cloud it's clear skys but still some bite to that wind.

I did not have any expectations for today in fact it has panned out just the way I thought. I know we are all clinging to this SSW as our last hope to save the ending of this winter. We can just wait and hope that all the pieces fall together that will favour our little part. 

Sunday does look ok to catch a few passing wintry flurries. Then my focus is on Tuesday another opportunity of hope maybe where we will have rain coming in and if there is a nix of S/E flow we may be lucky for some wintry precipitation. 

Anyway with fingers crossed let's hope we see some encouraging output soon winter please leave us with a smile ?

Wishing all you buddies a happy Friday evening 

take care for now 

regards ????

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Excitement is building in the MOD thread:shok: Off topic posts haven't been spotted yet by the moderators:shok::help::rofl:

Building for what? Long range forecasts for Winter 2018/19?! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, username home said:

Building for what? Long range forecasts for Winter 2018/19?! 

that is supposed to be the start of the ice age:oops:

Posted
2 hours ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Fantastic! :) 

Yes my wish might come true, well done ECM.:D

ECM1-240.gif

ECM0-240.gif

• Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Excitement is building in the MOD thread:shok: Off topic posts haven't been spotted yet by the moderators:shok::help::rofl:

I deleted a post on there yesterday or day before, started to panic cos it was a bit IMBY and maybe just slightly off topic.....I thought, HELP......DELETE< DELETE!!!:help::help: