Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Having looked at this mornings  runs again, there still may  be enough of a flow from the NE/ENE, to keep the shower activity going  from the S.North Sea, until early evening, imo. More towards, the south of the region ,perhaps. Now, I'm not talking snow-fest here but a few of you, could get a dusting, here and there.

We shall see.

Regards,

Tom.:hi:

P.S. But having looked at the latest radar returns, I agree with posters above, shower activity, now dying down, in the Southern N.Sea! :oops:I shant give up the day job, just realised, I had to, through ill health.

Oh, this keeps me out of mischief anyway and prevents me  inventing, anymore pointless fantasy competitions, based on snow depths!!:doh:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 2

Just now, PLANET THANET said:

our little bit of sleet/hail is now slowly melting away, :sorry: rather like our chances for the rest of this winter  (witth or without the forecasted SSW ) 

As we discussed back in mid Jan it takes some serious cold and perfect conditions to keep any kind of snow on the ground, even with the wind when it stops you can feel that early spring warmth from the sun. 

I'm glad some out east have seen snow though going to see what if any snow the decaying front will bring later tomorrow 

Posted

What an absolutely glorious school run, just over 1cm here on all surfaces, lovely blue sunny skies between the showers, and the unmistakable squeak of snow underfoot.

snow2.jpg

snow3.jpg

snow1 (2).jpg

snow4 (2).jpg

snow5 (2).jpg

• Like 7

Posted
1 hour ago, E17boy said:

Anyone living near Walthamstow please update of any snow. I am in Milton Keynes now where I work. 

Regards ?????

I'm at work in Wanstead, blue skies.... no snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Well this morning has been a surprise. Woke up to nothing then BANG paths were covered roads were covered the sky was full. It was beautiful. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Snow has actually fallen here in The Triangle this morning; not a lot, but not a lot is better than nowt...Not like in Kent though!:cold:

Posted

Radar returns dying a slow death now.

A light dusting of 0.5-1cm (almost melted now) and a few half decent snow showers moving through this morning, but that looks to be our lot I think.

Temps just a bit on the warm side for anything to stick around for long.

Those of you that missed out on the showers, believe me you didn't miss much!

Posted
1 minute ago, Ed Stone said:

Snow has actually fallen here in The Triangle this morning; not a lot, but not a lot is better than nowt...Not like in Kent though!:cold:

thats rather a broad brush stroke saying Kent, perhaps areas of kent would read better from someone (me) who has not seen any snow l.o.l :D

but well done to you and the people who got a covering :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Think Tunbridge Wells was the sweet spot - we even made it to the BBC national website:_99888137_tunbridgewells1.thumb.jpg.a14bcf5ba3820481dca24907391f727e.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Folks, I want to invest in a weather station but can’t afford the more pro stations like the Davis Vantage Pro2...

...what would you recommend in the £100-200 price range?

Posted

Well just flown back from Goa this morning arrived 7.00am to snow flurries as Gatwick. Left 33 degrees in Goa yesterday !! Drove round m25 and down m26/m20 and down M2 to Sandwich. Good covering round m25 jct 6 / 5 etc and roads fine. Bit at Maidstone and top of a249 detling as you would expect. Less as you go south. Temp was 2/3 degrees then dropped to .5 at canterbury a2 junction as drive through heavy snow shower. Less and less towards Thanet and now sunny 5 degrees and nothing here in Sandwich !! 

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
15 minutes ago, kate1 said:

Think Tunbridge Wells was the sweet spot - we even made it to the BBC national website:_99888137_tunbridgewells1.thumb.jpg.a14bcf5ba3820481dca24907391f727e.jpg

Ah, Calverley Gardens, have some photos of that park from Dec 2009, when I used live there, after a heavy overnight fall

1919232_207421242772_7869429_n.thumb.jpg.1b7188f522890f3807b3acb522a1d44d.jpg1919232_207421267772_1444127_n.thumb.jpg.f699a02de29220b0d279e1c8bc3ea834.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

alexia told me 'currently it is snowing' and expect a snowy/rainy day today'

um.

:fool::fool:  :wallbash::wallbash::rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, WeatherMoose said:

the weather in Worthing is about as exciting as the town itself :nonono:

i've heard that if there was an award for most boring town, worthing would win it every year:sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

When you miss out on the decent weather AGAIN.

giphy.gif