Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - Frost - A beach in the Med

Not a sniff of snow on the commute from Cambridgeshire to Milton Keynes.

Is it Spring yet!

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 5.5k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If everyone on here could be friendly and (ideally) find a sense of humour, that would just be hunky dorey.

So just to clarify CK1981 because I have not seen you say this 2,350 times in the last 136 pages of this thread you think there will be something interesting around Mid Month ??? Dont want to go to be

Have nade my first mini snow man. First in 5 years.

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Light dusting on all surfaces.

Looks like there could be another shower incoming.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

Really heavy snow driving through kings hill and mereworth (kent) just now. Settling on roads very fast. Paddock wood just a dusting and not snowing.

Edited by TheBeastFromTheEAST
    Posted

Kept waking up every hour or so looking outside and checking the radar. The Kent streamer died about 10 miles east to me and now the band I've been watching on and off since 3am is going to the west of me about 5 miles. Disappointing 

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Looks like there's been a few crashes  on the M20 overnight and recently, take care out on the roads, obviously there are the usual drivers that seem to think they are invincible!

Edited by Nick F
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and winter storms

Feel asleep while lamppost watching lol. There’s a very slight covering on the roofs but strictly no more than that it seems.  EDIT: I think it’s frost... :(

Posted

A covering here but heard the bus on the main road so work and school for all ❄️

Posted
    26 minutes ago, TheBeastFromTheEAST said:

Really heavy snow driving through kings hill and mereworth (kent) just now. Settling on roads very fast. Paddock wood just a dusting and not snowing.

Snowing quite hard only had a little in night :-) 

DSC_0467.JPG

Edited by TN9
    • Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy, wintry weather

Morning all,

See we avoided the snow showers overnight, too much north in the flow but the flow, just starting to turn more towards the east, so would expect a few showers, to be blown up the Thames Corridor, as we go through the morning.

Have just text my daughter, who's about to drive to Gatwick from Chislehurst, to catch a flight to Toronto. A  few snow showers, may have grazed the Gatwick area overnight, so she may see a little whiteness, on the way down but nothing that's likely, to cause any disruption, I would have thought!

-9C in Toronto at the moment, with an expected, -6/-5, by the time she lands, after her 7 hour flight, with a few snow flurries, about. A developing low pressure, over Texas, will drag up plenty of moisture, from the Gulf of Mexico and track towards, Southern Ontario, Tues, into Weds and could drop as much as 20 cms (about 8", in old money) of snow. Think I'll smuggle myself, on board! :D

Although track of low, still a bit, up in the air and low could stay, south of the border and track up through, New York state.

Whatever happens, mid-week, I'm sure she'll get her snow-fix, at some point, during her 2 week holiday. I wonder, who she inherited, that obsession from!!:oops:

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 3
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all,

See we avoided the snow showers overnight, too much north in the flow but the flow, just starting to turn more towards the east, so would expect a few showers, to be blown up the Thames Corridor, as we go through the morning.

Have just text my daughter, who's about to drive to Gatwick from Chislehurst, to catch a flight to Toronto. A  few snow showers, may have grazed the Gatwick area overnight, so she may see a little whiteness, on the way down but nothing that's likely, to cause any disruption, I would have thought!

-9C in Toronto at the moment, with an expected, -6/-5, by the time she lands, after her 7 hour flight, with a few snow flurries, about. A developing low pressure, over Texas, will drag up plenty of moisture, from the Gulf of Mexico and track towards, Southern Ontario, Tues, into Weds and could drop as much as 20 cms (about 8", in old money) of snow. Think I'll smuggle myself, on board! :D

Although track of low, still a bit, up in the air and low could stay, south of the border and track up through, New York state.

Whatever happens, mid-week, I'm sure she'll get her snow-fix, at some point, during her 2 week holiday. I wonder, who she inherited, that obsession from!!:oops:

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

No snow here in Gatwick. To be fair, there almost never is! 

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Reasonably heavy shower currently.... this is what we have here in Barling

20180205_072038.jpg

Edited by Essexgooner
    • Like 3
    Posted

Radar seems to have gone down but can confirm heavy snow shower has just started in Southend. 

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and Snow, lots of snow...

Rain all night Romney Marsh.

Gutted is an understatement.

Posted
  • Location: Canmore, AB [4296ft above sea level] & North Kent [350ft above sea level]
  • Location: Canmore, AB [4296ft above sea level] & North Kent [350ft above sea level]

Lots of snow around blue bell hill over an inch I’d guess then nothing all the way into London following the a2 route. Quite surprised 

• Like 1
    Posted

20minutes of heavy snow at half 6 this morning, two yeti dogs, several near miss slips and now the roads are icy ready for the commute, great, already accident just up the road apparently. Yay for snow :girl_devil:

Posted
    1 minute ago, StLuke said:

Radar seems to have gone down but can confirm heavy snow shower has just started in Southend. 

Can see the black cloud approaching from the estuary, anytime now..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, more snow and even more snow..Oh and I love a good old Thunderstorm

Carol kirkwood on BBC R2 suggesting that the band tomorrow will reinvigorate over east anglia and the South East tomorrow afternoon/Evening and they are keeping an eye on it.. 

I can't see anything in the high RES to suggest this 

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Boring old dusting in Southend. Nowhere near as much as I wanted.

I’m praying that mid-month onwards doesn’t turn out to be the winter oracle that many are complaining, rather than the damp squib that every winter/winter event has been for me in the last 4 years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
    Just now, Surrey said:

Carol kirkwood on BBC R2 suggesting that the band tomorrow will reinvigorate over east anglia and the South East tomorrow afternoon/Evening and they are keeping an eye on it.. 

I can't see anything in the high RES to suggest this 

That’ll be a nowcasting situation won’t it? Not easy to predict, even for high res computer models.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Nothing here yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Nice to hear some of you guys got a dusting ? nothing here apart from a frost ,

• Like 1
    Posted

Small dusting of snow in Haywards Heath - nothing impressive but the most lying snow I’ve seen since March 2013 so enough to convince me to make the move from long-time-lurker to first-time-poster. Meto radar doesn’t seem to be doing what it should so not sure if we’ll get any more this morning or not! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and winter storms

We are getting heavier snow now, large flakes!

• Like 1