Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards


Recommended Posts

Posted
  • Location: Rotherhithe, 5.8M ASL
  • Location: Rotherhithe, 5.8M ASL

    This is the occlusion I believe it will be with us....perhaps a more organised area snow Monday morning I don’t think it will be that heavy but could give snow for many of us.

    3CF4EC3F-11D7-4639-8CBC-FB770662E00F.thumb.gif.f8ab0e5f23a4f3685936f7191e83aa75.gif3FB81E6A-C023-4675-9ED3-F4D706079818.thumb.png.062ac1872e681442067a6752ecaa279e.pngv

     

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 5.5k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Popular Posts

    If everyone on here could be friendly and (ideally) find a sense of humour, that would just be hunky dorey.

    So just to clarify CK1981 because I have not seen you say this 2,350 times in the last 136 pages of this thread you think there will be something interesting around Mid Month ??? Dont want to go to be

    Have nade my first mini snow man. First in 5 years.

    Posted Images

    Posted
  • Location: Strood, Kent, 19 feet above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
  • Location: Strood, Kent, 19 feet above sea level

    This has North-Kents name on it, winds have definitely shifted so we should see more areas getting in on the fun over the next couple of hours

    NW.png

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Hailsham, East Sussex
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
  • Location: Hailsham, East Sussex

    My 12 year old daughter’s just told me that, more than ever, I’m the saddest man on the planet for being on a forum discussing whether it’s going to snow or not.

    i can confirm she’s just been given the “Jaffa cake” treatment.

     

    Edited by lawrenk
    Typo!
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Bexley
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow
  • Location: Bexley

    It's been fun building up to this but I don't believe anything will happen where I am (Bexley).  However, I'm off to Ivalo, Finland next Sunday (spending 4 nights in a glass igloo), guaranteed snow, -23 and the best of all, Aurora Borealis!

    • Like 5
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Strood, Kent, 19 feet above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
  • Location: Strood, Kent, 19 feet above sea level
    1 minute ago, lawrenk said:

    My 12 daughter’s just told me that, more than ever, I’m the saddest man on the planet for being on a forum discussing whether it’s going to snow or not.

    i can confirm she’s just been given the “Jaffa cake” treatment.

     

    You have 12 daughters?!

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Hi peeps just watched the extended BBC forcast and there seems to be some new developments.

    thd front that is coming from the N/W through our region on Tuesday night may pep up. Also from what I saw on the map there is a area of snow just over in France at the same time which caught my eye, although nothing of this was mentioned in the forcast it only needs small adjustments north and it would by knocking on our regions door. 

    On Friday it was mentioned another front coming in over us from the N/W could actually stall and there could be sleet and snow. The presenter did say they were not sure of the detail on this but will firm up nearer the time. 

    So some positives in this forcast for us here and as I said in my post yesterday I think we are going to be in a week where nothing is set in stone it's a evolving setup anything can change.

    regards ????

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Heathfield, E Sussex 157m asl
  • Location: Heathfield, E Sussex 157m asl

    Just dropped below freezing here at -0.1C

    Slight dusting on car roof and looking at radar maybe a shower soon

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Hailsham, East Sussex
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
  • Location: Hailsham, East Sussex

    Snowing in Hailsham

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Tonbridge,Kent
  • Location: Tonbridge,Kent
    10 minutes ago, throwoff said:

    Still showing snow for me

    Keep an eye though... Thems showers  just off  Clacton have your name on them..and with a bit of slight westward drift after you maybe ill see something ? :-) 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: NR Worthing SE Coast
  • Location: NR Worthing SE Coast
    6 minutes ago, E17boy said:

    Hi peeps just watched the extended BBC forcast and there seems to be some new developments.

    thd front that is coming from the N/W through our region on Tuesday night may pep up. Also from what I saw on the map there is a area of snow just over in France at the same time which caught my eye, although nothing of this was mentioned in the forcast it only needs small adjustments north and it would by knocking on our regions door. 

    On Friday it was mentioned another front coming in over us from the N/W could actually stall and there could be sleet and snow. The presenter did say they were not sure of the detail on this but will firm up nearer the time. 

    So some positives in this forcast for us here and as I said in my post yesterday I think we are going to be in a week where nothing is set in stone it's a evolving setup anything can change.

    regards ????

    The bbc extended forecasts are just as unreliable as any other long range forecast,they seem to chop and change all the time,why they mentioning snow now,yesterday they said it be mostly rain.Useless the lot of them.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Leigh On Sea - Essex & Tornado Alley
  • Location: Leigh On Sea - Essex & Tornado Alley

    Yh the Shower SE of Clacton looks like it will graze Shoeburyness and head SW towards Medway Towns.

    The shift is definate now but still not ENE but nearly!

    • Like 3
    • Thanks 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Raynes Park, London SW20
  • Location: Raynes Park, London SW20

    Temperatures on the rise here with the arrival of some stratus type layer.

    2.3C

     

     

     

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Waltham Abbey, West Essex 144ft a.s.l.
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms
  • Location: Waltham Abbey, West Essex 144ft a.s.l.
    12 minutes ago, Whereisthesnow? said:

    It's been fun building up to this but I don't believe anything will happen where I am (Bexley).  However, I'm off to Ivalo, Finland next Sunday (spending 4 nights in a glass igloo), guaranteed snow, -23 and the best of all, Aurora Borealis!

    Lapland is amazing. We go most years. You’ll love it!

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Addington
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
  • Location: Addington
    1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

    Yh the Shower SE of Clacton looks like it will graze Shoeburyness and head SW towards Medway Towns.

    The shift is definate now but still not ENE but nearly!

    Isn’t ENE good for a Thames streamer setup

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Blackboys, East Sussex, 275ft ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
  • Location: Blackboys, East Sussex, 275ft ASL

    Snowing heavily just East of Heathfield, certainly not marginal, grass, pavements white within minutes of it starting and road going white as well. Woohoo ?

    • Like 7
    • Thanks 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    20 minutes ago, snowray said:

    The bounty hunter snow machine was for lassie though. ;)

    I got my snow making machine from amazon for Christmas but it looks more like a fog making machine when I switch it on, made in China so maybe some confusion in the translation. :cc_confused:

    71VJOYFQS6L._SL1020_.jpg

    I was going to say looks like a smoke machine I have seen in parties lol lol would suite someone who is a fog hunter ???

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Addington
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
  • Location: Addington
    Just now, Convergence said:

    Snowing heavily just East of Heathfield, certainly not marginal, grass, pavements white within minutes of it starting and road going white as well. Woohoo ?

    Nice one

    at least some members are getting the good stuff

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Punnetts Town East Sussex (167m ASL)
  • Location: Punnetts Town East Sussex (167m ASL)

    Heavy snow and laying in Heathfield

    • Like 5
    • Thanks 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Addington
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
  • Location: Addington
    Just now, rpmbaz said:

    Heavy snow and laying in Heathfield

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Gillingham, Kent
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
  • Location: Gillingham, Kent
    1 minute ago, snowbob said:

    Nice one

    at least some members are getting the good stuff

    I’m sure someone will be along shortly to tell us nothing will happen and it’s all in 2 weeks ?

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: NR Worthing SE Coast
  • Location: NR Worthing SE Coast
    1 hour ago, CK1981 said:

    Localised areas will have some good snowfalls, but mark my words, mid Feb onwards will deliver the goods 

    Lol you said this is a nothing cold spell,then say some will have a good snowfall:gathering:

    i don’t think anyone said it was going to be a mega cold spell,unless people are unable to read the charts properly.The Easterly is too short lived to produce much.

    Still can’t wait till mid-month then for the proper cold spell to arrive.

    As your  so sure about this,what sort of snow depth are we talking about here etc,will we be digging ourselves out of our homes,that sort of thing .:help:

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: New Ash green 150M / 500 FT
  • Location: New Ash green 150M / 500 FT

    See people

    things on the up-

    streamer cutting across sussex now even into w. sussex

    still 3-4 hours yet before it swings more- but timings start to feel better as the ground temps drop to below zero

    -0.6c here!

    • Like 5
    • Thanks 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: NW LONDON
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
  • Location: NW LONDON
    26 minutes ago, snowray said:

    The bounty hunter snow machine was for lassie though. ;)

    I got my snow making machine from amazon for Christmas but it looks more like a fog making machine when I switch it on, made in China so maybe some confusion in the translation. :cc_confused:

    71VJOYFQS6L._SL1020_.jpg

    Much appreciated, 10 bounties later and still not a flake:cc_confused:

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest
    This topic is now closed to further replies.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...