Snow?

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If everyone on here could be friendly and (ideally) find a sense of humour, that would just be hunky dorey.

So just to clarify CK1981 because I have not seen you say this 2,350 times in the last 136 pages of this thread you think there will be something interesting around Mid Month ??? Dont want to go to be

Have nade my first mini snow man. First in 5 years.

Posted Images

Back to the here and now. The showers to the west have died a death, but there is a streamer through east Kent and the channel. We need a more easterly component to bring these showers onshore and west. Temperatures and dew points are dropping here, but I’m well west 

From the radar it looks like a classic Kent Clipper at the moment with the chance of maybe adding East Sussex Edger to the netweather lexicon.

Good luck though, I'm not expecting anything here other than perhaps a slight dusting if the wind does turn more easterly.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, smarklew said:

So is it all over before it began? ???

Looks that way doesn't it. Temps around 4 or 5, back up to 7 by midweek. A few snow showers across SE corner, but that's about it. Now they're pinning their hopes on mid month already. ! That'll go belly up by then as well, no doubt.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, abruzzi spur said:

From the radar it looks like a classic Kent Clipper at the moment with the chance of maybe adding East Sussex Edger to the netweather lexicon.

Good luck though, I'm not expecting anything here other than perhaps a slight dusting if the wind does turn more easterly.

Ooh I hope East Sussex Edger comes to fruition, I won’t get my hopes up for igloo building amounts!

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, abruzzi spur said:

I agree, but, there is a front moving out of the continent which, according to the latest fax charts, will move across our area. That should bring snow to a wider area.....if modellled correctly 

Just now, PLANET THANET said:

unfortunately, if bbc southeast are to be " believed " then it stays as rain according to their graphics this evening

I’ll take them with a pinch of salt in this set up! I’ve got radar on and will check lamppost ?

6 minutes ago, fatyido said:

Looks that way doesn't it. Temps around 4 or 5, back up to 7 by midweek. A few snow showers across SE corner, but that's about it. Now they're pinning their hopes on mid month already. ! That'll go belly up by then as well, no doubt.

With the MJO heading towards phase 8 and a major SSW predicted soon, I would place a bet on mid month as a very cold outbreak. Glosea is showing support for this and from everything I’ve read, it’s looking good.

I don’t usually ramp, but I think a mini ramp for that period is necessary.

Edited by CK1981
  • Like 2

I think those showers are running along the and front shown on the fax charts that lifts further north, I assume with this comes the more easterly flow 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Surrey said:

I think those showers are running along the and front shown on the fax charts that lifts further north, I assume with this comes the more easterly flow 

Spot on ?

The way I see it is the front will pivot toward us and then enhance the precipitation 

Edited by CK1981
20 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Just been outside and don't think its particularly cold, but it is dry so hopefully if does snow, it'll stick.

Temp at 7pm is 3c, thats plus, clear skies, uppers of about -8c hpa, dew points now at 1c/0c......why is it still so mild? I'm really confused about this, its colder with snow in April here sometimes on a NEly and uppers of only -6/-7c???? 

18020418_0412.gif

18020418_0412-1.gif

Edited by snowray

Just hit the magical sub 1c here

0.9c - another degree drop in the last hour

happy for hem showers to miss for a good few hours yet- want to build a bit of a frost on the ground !!

• Like 3