Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I think it’s too north for this one. But who knows.

1 minute ago, E17boy said:

I am in Upton Patk east London at the moment still raining ☔️  don't know how this part of our region will do from tomorrow 

Posted
1 hour ago, throwoff said:

I think some people are more liable to downplay as much as others are liable to overplay.

The forecast for Kent and Medway’s snow is better than we have seen in years.. it’s not blizzard conditions but we should have enough for a snowball fight.

Just enough to throw a snow man together and take a picture..like a time capsule for the future... As we are picking wild cactus ? 

Posted
2 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Just enough to throw a snow man together and take a picture..like a time capsule for the future... As we are picking wild cactus ? 

Works for me mate. My eldest is nearly 5 and has never made a snowman. Tbh a quick snowball fight and a snowman will do for me, the memories last forever.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sunny days!
31 minutes ago, snowray said:

Hey my drizzle is looking a bit white sometimes here, whats all that about then? I likes it though!:yahoo::laugh:

I was tempted to look out the window, I'm just up the road to you near Nuxley Road! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Pretty much all of Europe and parts of the Middle East get into the action next week. Best we can hope for is a canvey island streamer...........??

0F5B79E3-6D80-4EE1-966E-7623A5B8D23C.png

7B694BFC-FFBB-4BF4-9CBA-872465A55EC7.png

5F22EE82-26BF-4D6C-9665-3D813C0EC187.png

Edited by shotski
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

I think it's called being realistic.

Getting over a foot of snow is the equivalent of when Leicester won the league. It does happen but is very rare! 

1 hour ago, steveinsussex said:

Alright, dont rub it in :(

You will get it... If it's a proper good hefty showers... If the wind is right.. I lived in bluebell Hill village when I was a kid..school bus from Maidstone.. Sleet.. Till Half way up the hill it turned white.. Only 330ft difference We had to walk last bit always..  the downs do take a bit out of the showers from the north east I found that out when I moved to Tonbridge.. Which is 500ft lower I understand.. But if things work out you will get it.. So much depends exactly on wind direction to the degree.. Literally :-) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well I fall asleep for an hour and miss escalating Cold War tensions, chipgate and Kent getting hysterical about an inch. 

Weather outside is the same though still, in a word: schyte.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
5 minutes ago, trickybirdy said:

I was tempted to look out the window, I'm just up the road to you near Nuxley Road! 

Cool. Upper Belvedere is higher up than here, not sure but 50-60m asl sounds about right, it can be sleet/wet snow in lower Belvedere and settling snow up the top.:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

V-quickly because im watching the horse racing?..

But the zoom on 10m vent gfs will be worthy of view 12z...4 ourselves..

Kent looking favoured atm..but westerly progression on cards across region..more later!!

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowray said:

Cool. Upper Belvedere is higher up than here, not sure but 50-60m asl sounds about right, it can be sleet/wet snow in lower Belvedere and settling snow up the top.:)

Thought you was erith? :-) 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
4 minutes ago, shotski said:

Pretty much all of Europe and parts of the Middle East get into the action next week. Best we can hope for is a canvey island streamer...........??

0F5B79E3-6D80-4EE1-966E-7623A5B8D23C.png

7B694BFC-FFBB-4BF4-9CBA-872465A55EC7.png

5F22EE82-26BF-4D6C-9665-3D813C0EC187.png

Much of that snowfall is at altitude of course, I keep pointing this out to members, we don't have towns and cities in the UK at 500-1,000m asl of course like they have on the continent. If the SE was just a couple of hundred meters higher up we would be snowed in most winters, today would have been mostly snow.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

We have snow in the triangle, just very small grains in the air but definately snow.:cold:

Not made it to this corner of the triangle, but the clouds thicker, brightness decreasing and its definitely feeling colder this afternoon than earlier on. If it’s gonna do anything it will be in an hour when I walk dogs again, most likely sticky drizzle :sorry:

Posted

12z really fancying something for Kent in the early hours of tomorrow now.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

V-quickly because im watching the horse racing?..

But the zoom on 10m vent gfs will be worthy of view 12z...4 ourselves..

Kent looking favoured atm..but westerly progression on cards across region..more later!!

Any improvements on the icon buddy?

Posted

Sleet here now. Temp slowly dropping from a max of 3.4C to 2.7C now

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Thought you was erith? :-) 3

I am, but both Belvedere and Erith have the lower bits by the Thames and the higher ground thats 40-60m asl APX.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
19 minutes ago, shotski said:

That'll do me, it's only a 5 minute drive onto the island lol, as long as it doesn't snow too much, or I'll never get off :shok:

Just seen the updated metoffice forcast for our region 

London & South East England

Headline:

Rain easing, then turning frosty with isolated wintry showers possible.

This Evening and Tonight:

A dull evening, with rain easing. A few heavier showers are possible, before clear spells develop. Turning frosty for many, however further showers will spread into Kent by dawn, perhaps turning wintry inland. Risk of icy patches. Minimum temperature -1 °C.

Sunday:

A cold, mostly dry day, with sunny spells, and brisk northeasterly winds. However scattered showers continue across Kent and Sussex. These wintry at first, but mostly rain or hail later. Maximum temperature 6 °C.

Outlook for Monday to Wednesday:

Cold Monday and Tuesday, with overnight frosts, sunny intervals, and snow showers. Some slight accumulations possible. Further snow possible overnight into Wednesday, clearing to sunny spells and occasional wintry showers.

Updated: 13:15 on Sat 3 Feb 2018 GMT

not looking good for tomorrow rain or hail showers. But Monday to Wednesday better. Let's just see what falls out of the sky ??

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
16 minutes ago, snowray said:

Much of that snowfall is at altitude of course, I keep pointing this out to members, we don't have towns and cities in the UK at 500-1,000m asl of course like they have on the continent. If the SE was just a couple of hundred meters higher up we would be snowed in most winters, today would have been mostly snow.

Luckily you don’t need to point this out to me as I’ll be in the Alps next week enjoying the altitude ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, E17boy said:

Just seen the updated metoffice forcast for our region 

London & South East England

Headline:

Rain easing, then turning frosty with isolated wintry showers possible.

This Evening and Tonight:

A dull evening, with rain easing. A few heavier showers are possible, before clear spells develop. Turning frosty for many, however further showers will spread into Kent by dawn, perhaps turning wintry inland. Risk of icy patches. Minimum temperature -1 °C.

Sunday:

A cold, mostly dry day, with sunny spells, and brisk northeasterly winds. However scattered showers continue across Kent and Sussex. These wintry at first, but mostly rain or hail later. Maximum temperature 6 °C.

Outlook for Monday to Wednesday:

Cold Monday and Tuesday, with overnight frosts, sunny intervals, and snow showers. Some slight accumulations possible. Further snow possible overnight into Wednesday, clearing to sunny spells and occasional wintry showers.

Updated: 13:15 on Sat 3 Feb 2018 GMT

not looking good for tomorrow rain or hail showers. But Monday to Wednesday better. Let's just see what falls out of the sky ??

Fuss over nowt then lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
24 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Well I fall asleep for an hour and miss escalating Cold War tensions, chipgate and Kent getting hysterical about an inch. 

Weather outside is the same though still, in a word: schyte.

maybe an inch is considered a lot to people in kent :whistling:

• Like 2