Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
23 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

? It doesn’t feel warm to me at all even when I was in the sun. Hands numb. 

Same here, mind you it's just sunny spells here, convective looking cloud has been blowing in, initially from the ene now from the ne.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Pushed back to 2am for Medway.

This ones a no show I reckon!

Posted
22 minutes ago, Lampostwatcher said:

it' s 2c and dew  p -1c feels bitter 

I think those showers over Norwich seems to be pushing quite far in land and pepping up

Here it's 2 and DP -1.3 so the same really, wind seems to be swinging towards the nne now.

Posted

Slightly heavier stuff here, snow/ graupel mix and it looks like the showers are merging together more now... interesting 

Edited by Nimbusman
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.
4 minutes ago, Lampostwatcher said:

20 p flakes 

Be careful you don't get hit by one !

Posted

Not sure it's the front it's self that will cause tonight's snow, but developments along it, it lifts over the top and tries to form an upper low. If it does so expect a very heavy slow moving fall somewhere, will be very localised, though. That explains the forecasts that mentioned possible thunder as well. It's a wait and see what happens situation. No one will know 100% what Will happen until it happens with this one.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Just watched the weather forecast for the south for this evening and over night - clear fake news. 

Metogroup are no better than the Met office!!!! 

It suggested snow in Worthing ! 

Posted

It the front heading east at all anymore, or just dropping south, the later is what it looks like it's doing on radar, will check sat so I can see more of it.

Posted
7 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

It the front heading east at all anymore, or just dropping south, the later is what it looks like it's doing on radar, will check sat so I can see more of it.

Everything here dropping due south now, so you guys directly south of here maybe be in for a surprise this afternoon, got some proper flakes mixed in now after a good base of graupel! 

Edited by Nimbusman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

The ppn is slowly converging on our area, looking to be building slightly to the North of us, but still looking like it is struggling when it heads into the London heat island. Looks like it could converge nicely on us, a case of radar watching now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

I believe the NE part of the front that over the Humber will swing south then slightly SW as well hitting Kent / Essex Norfolk etc

s

It looks that way, plus the front to the NW is maintaining it's strength, so the two could collide nicely over us.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Some very shelf like style cloud action happening just to the NE of me at work...(Camden)

No snow tho :'(

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sno' problem said:

The ppn is slowly converging on our area, looking to be building slightly to the North of us, but still looking like it is struggling when it heads into the London heat island. Looks like it could converge nicely on us, a case of radar watching now.

Can't see it hitting our side of London but parts of the SE could do quite well, especially more towards Kent and Sussex 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

A tiny flurry of only a few minutes in South Woodham but still I saw some flakes at last.