Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
14 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

apparently the SSW is underway, surely two days of sleet are on the cards

Yes its on its way now, how can it be delayed???:cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes its on its way now, how can it be delayed???:cc_confused:

i thought it had started today lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Yes it has started. I was referring to the Paul Sherman post above that talks about "pushed the SSW back"?:hi:

Oh well, horrible here today, cold and wet again.

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes it has started. I was referring to the Paul Sherman post above that talks about "pushed the SSW back"?:hi:

Oh well, horrible here today, cold and wet again.

i think the entire week will be wet down here with no chance of a flake

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
15 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

The warming started yesterday but gets into ssw territory  tomorrow, goes by how fast it gets hot and how hot.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

The warming started yesterday but gets into ssw territory  tomorrow, goes by how fast it gets hot and how hot.

is it a large one lol

Posted
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

is it a large one lol

Lol yes, or at least it' forecast to be. Let's see what does happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i think the entire week will be wet down here with no chance of a flake

No not expecting anything white yet around here next week, just more wet and wind no doubt. I think we should all go up the pub and get jaffa cakessshhhhhhhheeedddddddd!:laugh::drunk-emoji:

Posted

Well model thread has a bit of snow over this area tomorrow night but just went out and i was quite warm, not raining, no wind blowing, bit overcast but actually a pleasant enough day in terms of temperature, needs to get quite a bit colder by tomorrow.

Posted
6 hours ago, trickybirdy said:

Can't get over what time you lot were on here till last night (hardcore!!!), I thought I went to bed late watching the Olympics! :D  You want to come to my neck of the woods with the dog poo, drives me crazy, Bexley Council did spray signs on the foot path last year; however they have worn away and now its poo Paradise in Albert Road! 

I know its terrible trickyb, people dob't believe me when I say how bad it is in Bexley, I mean you never see anyone sweeping the roads or that sort of thing do you. Greenwich have a large team of road sweeps, my mate is a manager at Greenwich refuse and there are cuts going on but I often see them out and about sweeping and emptying bins in Greenwich.

I'm not staying up any more for the models, am knackered most of the morning when I do that, at the end of the day the weather will do what it wants to do.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Vile day here. There was early sunshine but that quickly disappeared and it started raining around 10am. Has just got heavier since then and feeling chilly at 7C. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

yeah still raining but i now got vanilla and chocolate cup cakes to scoff. :good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

If all this rain we're seeing was supposed to be snowfall, we'd have had a beautiful dry, sunny day

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon all what a horrible day here at Upton Park where I am working at the moment. There is a gusty wind as well which does not help the brollys. 

Hope you all are having a wonderful day whatever you may be doing I don't finish till 7 so I hope the rain stops by then ( fat chance) ?. 

Take care for now all 

????

Posted
3 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Lost to Spurs and it's raining...crap day.:wallbash:

Thought my husband was happy about something, that explains it, he's  a spurs supporter.

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, E17boy said:

Afternoon all what a horrible day here at Upton Park where I am working at the moment. There is a gusty wind as well which does not help the brollys. 

Hope you all are having a wonderful day whatever you may be doing I don't finish till 7 so I hope the rain stops by then ( fat chance) ?. 

Take care for now all 

????

Living on the coast, don't bother with an umbrella lol, some who have lived here all their lives haven't worked that one out yet. A hood keep your head dry and doesn't break in the wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sunny days!
32 minutes ago, snowray said:

I know its terrible trickyb, people dob't believe me when I say how bad it is in Bexley, I mean you never see anyone sweeping the roads or that sort of thing do you. Greenwich have a large team of road sweeps, my mate is a manager at Greenwich refuse and there are cuts going on but I often see them out and about sweeping and emptying bins in Greenwich.

I'm not staying up any more for the models, am knackered most of the morning when I do that, at the end of the day the weather will do what it wants to do.:D

I think Bexley only clean the roads, at least they used to do, the blasted thing used come along early in the morning and wake me up! I think that problem is there are quiet a few lazy sods that don't pick up after themselves, simple equation have dog, pick up, don't have a dog if they cannot be bothered.  Makes you wonder a) What state their gardens are in b) How well they look after their dogs. Its the children I worry about as we are right near the park, a trip or a fall from a little person, if they happen to land in the wrong place at the wrong time, not a good scenario. 

I don't blame you, this weather is so unpredictable, I've spent most weeks looking in on the thread, thinking will it or won't it snow!  I was in bed ill earlier this week when we had a little shower, my hubby came in from work to check on me and said it was - was a bit lost on me that day - well we'll just have to see what happens next without the bated breath! :)

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sharpedge said:

Can anyone explain how to copy a post on the Models thread to this one

Press the plus next to the quote button, then when you reply here, the quote should be bottom right, just click it that and your done.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Living on the coast, don't bother with an umbrella lol, some who have lived here all their lives haven't worked that one out yet. A hood keep your head dry and doesn't break in the wind.

Lol ? I have given up on the umbrella ? I rely on my hood as well at least I won't leave that on the train ??

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sharpedge said:

Can anyone explain how to copy a post on the Models thread to this one

Possibly copy and paste, or click on the quote button..... tbf I've not tried myself, but if you have tried might be worth a go. :)

Posted
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Press the plus next to the quote button, then when you reply here, the quote should be bottom right, just click it that and your done.

Ha ha you beat me to it!  :D

Posted

Thanks AlexisJ9,

anyone care to to explain the significance of Steve’s post

19 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Afternoon-

The last 3 GFS updates for the warming ( oldest first )

1A15E7EA-DA9E-4056-A21D-9A021D0E1D6C.thumb.jpeg.708090f30a31613208316ba652b6f00c.jpegCA0A0F40-1361-4BAE-AEA9-DAD65DC689A4.thumb.png.4c111b1f7593afba7dfb8a0cd368420c.png64ABE4A0-C580-4AC6-A247-A126AFE7E27B.thumb.png.6dcefb21d774558bcf7657143c8d8e91.png

Shows the convergence on -40M/S - This is record breaking - Wayyy stronger than any date in history back to 1979 on Interim ERA data ( -32 Ish being the record )

With such a broken vortex - one would assume that theres no return from there for Feb or for March.....

Posted
26 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Lost to Spurs and it's raining...crap day.:wallbash:

And I'm... Singing in the rain!
COYS

And to stay on topic it has been clear and sunny although cold to start, but the front and rain reached here (Deal) on the Kent coast at 1pm and it has been drizzly and overcast since, with occasional gusts and heavier bursts. Here's hoping for a snow event to mark the winter properly for us SEsterners but I won't ramp anything, still sceptical!