Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
  • Weather Preferences: Snow November to March. Heat and sun late April to early October
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east

Nothing but wet pavements here in Gravesend at sea level?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

We had 2-3cm at most I guess, can't complain.

Why can't we seem to be able to make it stick around after it snows, I'm looking out my window and it's already melting rapidly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,:)

It's a sad day, for my wife and myself, my mother-in-law, passed away a year ago today. it was a bit of an " Annus Horribilis", as my father also passed away, in October, mind you he was 95 and it was expected.So we both lost, our last remaining parent, last year.  My wife is hosting a small lunch here today,in memory, of her mother. My father, had spent the last 13 years of his life, in a Residential Care Home, just at the end of the foot-path, around the corner, from where we are staying now. Ironically, the same Care Home , where my wife Colette, has worked, for the past 7 years.

In the 2 years, since I returned home from hospital, Colette has taken on extra hours, to help keep the wolf, from the door. After losing my job, I've been on benefits and obviously, any extra income is a great help, as I'm sure some of you know, only so well. Colette has shown so much dedication to her work, that she deservedly, gained promotion to Senior, last Summer, Her job now involves, handing out medication and reordering it. There's a lot of responsibility, involved in her new role in fact this past Saturday, she was in charge, of all 3 floors of the Home. So poor thing when she's finished looking after elderly and infirmed people, she comes home and looks after this old, doddery fool!! :D But she always does it, with a lot of patience and a smile, on her face. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing my young sis, Angela, her partner and my young niece. Angela is the wordsmith of the family, so much so, I've nicknamed her, Rogets Thesaurus! :D We havn't seen them, since way before Xmas, in fact we've still got their Xmas pressies, sitting here!! Can't wait to see my niece, open her presents. We've bought her 2 books on the weather, one is a pop-up book and has a chart, to keep a daily weather record. Start 'em young, that's what I say!!:D My sister tells me, my nieces' favourite cloud, is an anvil cloud,  not so her brontophobic Uncle:nonono:, unless it contains snow, of course.:)

Having had a quick scroll, through the thread, there doesn't seem to have been too much snow about. Although, a quick lamp pot check in the night, revealed a few flakes, floating down. Put out the last of the recyclable rubbish ( Bromley Council, very strict on this). and noticed a slight dusting, on a few cars. Did feel cold, on my bald pate, though, after yesterdays trim, down in Chislehurst. Have grown, what little hair I have back now, as wife worried that vibration from clippers, might cause, another brain bleed, bless her!! So gone, has the shaven headed, rather thuggish look!!:D Colette says, I'm more pleasing on the eye now, continually tell her, she needs, Specsavers!!:D

Hope another daily tome, of family life, isn't boring members. From my own pov, I'm finding it's helping me regain a semblance of cognitive thinking and planning, after suffering from my stroke.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

considering it was snowing from 5:30 and still snowing a bit at 10, there is nothing to show for it, must of been more sleety.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I have a driving assessment for a new job this morning so I am rather glad the snow wasn't too bad here, for the first time in my life I was wishing for the snow not to arrive, despite a small dusting I think the roads should be clear. 

Next possible event on Friday, although the Aperge still isn't keen on the back edge snow idea. I think we'll be looking forward to the last week or two of February, that's when we could finally see something a little more substantial. 

• Like 1

Posted

Looking out the bedroom window across the town, a beautiful Christmas card scene. A centimetre or so. Making the most of it as likely to be gone later on. In the right spot last night. If things work out later in the month, maybe more might be waking up to a wintry scene.

• Like 1

Posted

Very very light dusting here in Coulsdon.  Might cause an inconvenience if you are an ant but at least I can say that it has snowed. 

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Covering in Ditchling East Sussex and still snowing lightly 

image.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

A lighter covering than we had Monday but probably just as chaotic on the road when people lose all ability to drive like a normal human being in 1cm of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

We seem to have been the lucky ones here in Tunbridge Wells for the second time in a week - have a good covering and we're still getting moderate snow showers. I looked out at 5.30 and it was snowing quite heavily then - very unexpected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Sorry but the bbc are getting worse at forcasting these situations. I was slap bang in the warning zone and all the ppn drifted s.w all night towards sussex ..nothing for most of Kent.

The graphics they showed last night had you thinking it was a mainly kent affair but nowt.

Glad to see other peps joining in on fun even if it was my fun ...:sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Very light covering here in Brighton. I’m surprised. Lovely to see but not sure how long it will last..& I’m up high so may be just up here and not on sea level :) 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Wow! Didn't expect that!! A decent covering in mayfield and still snowing. Husband left at 6am and his tyre tracks are almost covered in. Neither bbc nor met office have/had any snow over us.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Another light covering here in Boxley. Looks pretty for now :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning

Still sleet/light snow falling in Ditchling but blue skies appearing too now