Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Is there anyone under that PPN across East Anglia that's seeing snowfall? I feel like we'd have more reports if anything was actually falling

See mine above Daniel. Light snow started circa 06:40 resulting in a very light cover on cars, roofs etc. Air is dry so no frost and flakes are tiny, albeit pretty. It has now virtually stopped but am under an unexpected yellow warning for snow and ice during the day and wasn’t expecting anything until tonight. Not anticipating more than light flurries, which is just as well considering the state of the A1 at the moment!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

please tell me those pink blobs dancing round Bedford aren't real? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Sad day for me. I’m about to go to Margate Hospital to say my long goodbye to my best friend of many years who is about to die from pancreatic cancer. I was hoping for a little snowfall as no doubt I will take a few quiet moments to reflect upon things and it would have matched the moment. 

I hope all of you get some snow today and have your own moment of reflection.

• Like 1

Good morning good peeps hope everyone is ok. I just left Walthamstow a while ago on my journey to Milton Keynes. Just had a gaze at the latest radar and I must say it has certainly woken me up. There is certainly blobs beginning to appear all around could we be in for a surprise. It is already snowing towards the BIRMINGHAM area and that is ahead of the main front which is still behind. Could we just be lucky today. 

Right now just passed Watford Juncoon and the sky is getting darker and darker. I am getting a bit more excited than I was last night. That blob over Easr Anglia looks interesting as well, 

i really hope we get something out of this today in our region I am not due back to London until this evening but will keep you updated on the weather in MK.

Fingers crossed n heads up 

wishing you all a lovely Tuesday 

regards ????

• Like 1

Posted

A chance for a couple of CM's across EA tonight/tomorrow. Nothing too significant I suspect but nice to see some white stuff before we return back to 'normality' after tomorrow. 

Charts don't look great going forward - maybe a surprise or two but no direct  snow inducing cold blasts on the horizon

Edited by Matty88

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
3 minutes ago, Dami said:

please tell me those pink blobs dancing round Bedford aren't real? 

They are real in my village (south east of Bedford) :) 

or they were, seems to have stopped now.

4 minutes ago, terryall said:

Sad day for me. I’m about to go to Margate Hospital to say my long goodbye to my best friend of many years who is about to die from pancreatic cancer. I was hoping for a little snowfall as no doubt I will take a few quiet moments to reflect upon things and it would have matched the moment. 

I hope all of you get some snow today and have your own moment of reflection.

Hope all goes as painless & as smooth as possible —

Edited by Steve Murr
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms
6 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

A chance for a couple of CM's across EA tonight/tomorrow. Nothing too significant I suspect but nice to see some white stuff before we return back to 'normality' after tomorrow. 

Charts don't look great going forward - maybe a surprise or two but no direct  snow inducing cold blasts on the horizon

The SSW making models unreliable after t144, so don’t lose hope, just look at met office extended forecast mate, they wouldn’t say something like this without some evidence to back themselves up. Of course you can be right as there are many outcomes but all is not lost.

Posted

Snow showers coming back down the A12 from Wrentham onwards on my journey back from Lowestoft, even settling a little on the road, distinct tyre tracks forming. Hasn’t quite made it to Halesworth yet. So the blob is indeed moving this way.

Posted
13 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

Also pop the MOD and you will see that none of what you said is true to an extent, enjoy yourself over there?

Posted

Looks like most of the country is under a warning for snow and ice....except London and the south east (minus east Anglia region)

Those in kent, surrey, sussex will probably miss out again.

1-4cm over east Anglia looking likley

Edited by c00ps

Posted
2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Indeed 

good progression

1AADE2FD-3A05-4692-B07A-41AB5DD712C6.thumb.png.5d889a0c683e18a4ae021fc26a379b7c.png

Soooo slowwww though 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
Just now, Justin123 said:

Soooo slowwww though 

I class that as a good thing, could give a longer fall for those lucky enough to be under it  :rofl:

Posted
3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Indeed 

good progression

1AADE2FD-3A05-4692-B07A-41AB5DD712C6.thumb.png.5d889a0c683e18a4ae021fc26a379b7c.png

Cant see anything for south of London though - can you? Looks like mostly east Anglia event - inline with met office arnings

Posted
4 minutes ago, c00ps said:

Cant see anything for south of London though - can you? Looks like mostly east Anglia event - inline with met office arnings

Might get there at some point today, until the front gets to close and pushes showers away.

Edited by Justin123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

Looking very snowy in the sky

Steve here in hernia Bay also seen that tomorrow looks like possible snow too can u confirm please 

Posted

i0ZDFxF.jpg

Latest BBC weather app looking decent for here tonight, however reliable/unreliable it may be. 

Location. Just outside Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.

Edit. Snow flakes also blowing around in the breeze at the moment.

Edited by Bobby93
  • Like 1

Posted

That convection looks like it’s dying as it’s travelling south, seemed like it was kicked off by some convergence of the cold dry air and some moisture ahead the front. Hopeful of seeing something later though