Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
8 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all,

My wife and I spent a very comfortable, first night, here at Chislehurst, looking after my son, while my daughter and her boyfriend are in Canada, for a holiday.

Up early, to take my blood pressure medication and check on my son, Antony. When my wife and I stay over, we always have Antony sleeping on the sofa, downstairs, he likes to watch tv, well into the night. My daughter and her partner, don't approve of Antony, sleeping downstairs. It's not a show home and is purpose built, for a disabled person. I never tell my daughter, that her brother, sleeps downstairs, when she's away!! But in my eyes, it's as much Antonys' house, as his sisters' and certainly not a Cattery, for her boyfriends' four b....y cats!!:diablo:Don't get me wrong, I love cats but having four, isn't practical and certainly, is a hazard, for my son. In usual fashion, as soon as I came downstairs, I was mobbed by the four cats, for their early morning breakfast.

That's todays' rant over !!

Back to the weather, are we still on, for a little snow later?

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Morning Tom,

The 00z GFS shows snow over Kent tonight. Not enough to amount to much however  will probably change anyhow ☹️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Radar shows snow in Suffolk at the moment edging its way towards London. Can anyone confirm this or is it another radar ghost reading?

Posted

So that large blob showing on the radar over north Norfolk is that coming southwards towards us (Lowestoft, Ipswich way is what I mean by us)? Wasn’t expecting anything til later on tonight!

Posted
3 minutes ago, terryall said:

Radar shows snow in Suffolk at the moment edging its way towards London. Can anyone confirm this or is it another radar ghost reading?

There was talk yesterday of it maybe pushing back across Norfolk and maybe NE Suffolk giving 1-5cm maybe, surprised not to have seen any kind of report from up there.

-0.3c here :)

everyone waiting with baited breath today...

I would love to see some more tonight - what was great yesterday was the characteristic of the flakes being so dry light & fluffy !

like bunny’s ears .... Ahhh

Edited by Steve Murr
  • Like 8

Posted

BBC just mentioned thunder and hail in today's forecast again, what are they on again?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
4 minutes ago, Nizzer said:

Didn't like the look of Schafernakers forecast during the night for my location. Everything fizzles out before it reaches South Essex. Bloody story of my Winter so far!

In fairness this time it was largely expected

Posted
Just now, Daniel Smith said:

In fairness this time it was largely expected

It was, but you have to hope. I've had to watch everyone North of me get snow this Winter. Then everyone south get a sprinkling. I've had ziltch! Getting a bit frustrating now. Who do I write my letter of complaint too? :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS
1 minute ago, Nizzer said:

It was, but you have to hope. I've had to watch everyone North of me get snow this Winter. Then everyone south get a sprinkling. I've had ziltch! Getting a bit frustrating now. Who do I write my letter of complaint too? :crazy:

I feel your pain... quite a few people across our Great land will view Winter 2017/18 as a fairly memorable one

Dont think i will be one of them. 

Roll on Spring:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Not even a frost here this morning,  just grey and cold. Model output not exciting me....Roll on spring!

Edited by Darkcloud

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Appreciate whatever you get, a lovely bonus, potential for a couple of jackpot areas :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Good morning!  Here is the non travelling forecast....

Boring Bedfordshire 0 feeling -4, expected 0 imminently. NNE 6, gusting 14. Visibility poor due to (very) light snow, expected good. Inevitable “oh look it’s snowing!!!!” pile up on A1 has duly happened, taking an hour to travel through Junction 8 to 7 southbound...?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Is there anyone under that PPN across East Anglia that's seeing snowfall? I feel like we'd have more reports if anything was actually falling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Is this going to be one of those “oh,! We weren’t expecting that” days? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Very light flurries at work in Haverhill 

Posted

Cold morning here just below freezing and DP is -1.7. As mentioned already by Steve and Daniel seems like some instability ahead of the main front, eagerly anticipating the two areas of snow moving in... 

8ACE360E-823C-47FF-A477-F74A141DC752.jpeg

Edited by Nimbusman