Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Just worth noting for tonight, there are some quite heavy showers off the coast of Lincolnshire/Yorkshire, these should begin to drift southwards as the winds veer more northely so maybe a chance of these drifting into the coast of Norfolk later tonight and tomorrow morning.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Good grief , Mr shafenaker has just said on his weekly forcastn, chance of snow in the southeast on Friday , ??. The chase continues.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, snowblind said:

I'm quite a way North East of you near Colchester and I'm just in the warning zone for 1 to 4 cms. I'm not overly hopeful but you never know and it wouldn't take too much of an upgrade to get more of our region in the firing line. Here's hoping.:cold:

??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Good grief , Mr shafenaker has just said on his weekly forcastn, chance of snow in the southeast on Friday , ??. The chase continues.

Almost identical to what their website predicts for Friday then: 8C and wall-to-wall sunshine...That's the extremes covered?:santa-emoji:

Posted
20 minutes ago, Surrey said:

GFS turns up with tequila

prectypeuktopo.thumb.png.76f73d0b30fc22d01c132e2432d7a7c9.png5a78d1183bef1_prectypeuktopo(1).thumb.png.a16d5341cda2af7bd1efe6edbf108f83.png5a78d121d53a8_prectypeuktopo(2).thumb.png.92bd2e67c565949aba76d9716aa07824.png

Wonder what it will look like on the morning runs 

The French snow looks closer probably need a minor miracle but there’s hope. :whistling:

Posted
20 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Just worth noting for tonight, there are some quite heavy showers off the coast of Lincolnshire/Yorkshire, these should begin to drift southwards as the winds veer more northely so maybe a chance of these drifting into the coast of Norfolk later tonight and tomorrow morning.

This is my favourite sentence I've read all day :D There was so many showers around Norfolk earlier on including a big band of snow that pushed into Lincolnshire that developed overhead then started snowing just a mile or two west of The Wash, it's been a very frustrating day of radar watching as every shower dissipates just out of reach or magically decides to steer around us. Hopefully these showers you're talking about pull off and i wake up to maybe a dusting.. the chance of the front tomorrow doesn't look good for Hunstanton unfortunately so I'm relying on any stray flurry overnight to make me happy

Good evening all, well well all the talk is about tomorrow night. I have just watched the BBC forcast and from what I saw this front coming from the N/W seems to be dying out by the time it gets past central England. However it could well pep up a bit as it reaches the Southeast but areas favoured are East Anglia and lLinconshire. 

So where does this leave the rest of the Southeast. To be honest at the moment I have  got very low expectations for where I am in WalthamstowI anything falling for more than 10 minutes will be sa bonus. Saying this plenty of hours still left for changes and who knows the picture may look better for our region in the morning. 

Friday also will be another one to watch again snow chances are there. Let's  keep our heads high and just see things unfold. 

I am back to work in Milton Keynes again tomorrow so should be able to update what happens there later. 

Anyway nice peeps keep up the smiles. 

Wishing you all a great evening 

regards ????

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

BBC forecast looked pretty crap for tomorrow evening. 

Posted

I just saw Tomasz Schafernaker on beeb do a forecast...then right at the end as the graphics went away he said in a slightly weird and menacing slow voice and a raised eyebrow 'oh.. and make sure you tune in to the forecast tomorrow' then gave a really obvious wink! Who does he think he is Rob McElwee?! :):rofl:

and what will be revealed tomorrow? :pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
2 minutes ago, SuffolkDan said:

I just saw Tomasz Schafernaker on beeb do a forecast...then right at the end as the graphics went away he said in a slightly weird and menacing slow voice and a raised eyebrow 'oh.. and make sure you tune in to the forecast tomorrow' then gave a really obvious wink! Who does he think he is Rob McElwee?! :):rofl:

Completely new graphics courtesy of the amazing MeteoGroup. :nea:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Rob McElwee is fantastic,any time there's snow in the forecast they should put him on tv

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

Oh blimey, if I'd known I would have baked a bleedin cake. :drunk-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
9 minutes ago, SuffolkDan said:

6 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

is that it, was hoping he was going to give us a sneak preview of next week, when crippling blizzards arrive from the east on -20 uppers......:cray:The rest of this week looks pants, 8c and rain Thursday, rain sleet at the weekend, fronts coming in from the Atlantic:cray:

Edited by lassie23

Posted
7 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Rob McElwee is fantastic,any time there's snow in the forecast they should put him on tv

I do miss him! Every time I see this one being used.. :spiteful: I think of him! In a good way of course!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
11 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

is that it, was hoping he was going to give us a sneak preview of next week, when crippling blizzards arrive from the east on -20 uppers......:cray:The rest of this week looks pants, 8c and rain Thursday, rain sleet at the weekend, fronts coming in from the Atlantic:cray:

Another epic cold spell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wind is still ene here, when is it supposed to turn northerly, as I'm sure the 6:00 or there about forecast already had northerlies at this time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow
43 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Crap in fact. Let's have winter proper or NOt AT ALL

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, snowfish1 said:

Crap in fact. Let's have winter proper or NOt AT ALL

Agree, all this 1cm of snow business, is just a complete waste of time

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I saw people posting about 8CM of snow, then I noticed I was in the 2012 thread..

How c ra p is that :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

My wife and I spent a very comfortable, first night, here at Chislehurst, looking after my son, while my daughter and her boyfriend are in Canada, for a holiday.

Up early, to take my blood pressure medication and check on my son, Antony. When my wife and I stay over, we always have Antony sleeping on the sofa, downstairs, he likes to watch tv, well into the night. My daughter and her partner, don't approve of Antony, sleeping downstairs. It's not a show home and is purpose built, for a disabled person. I never tell my daughter, that her brother, sleeps downstairs, when she's away!! But in my eyes, it's as much Antonys' house, as his sisters' and certainly not a Cattery, for her boyfriends' four b....y cats!!:diablo:Don't get me wrong, I love cats but having four, isn't practical and certainly, is a hazard, for my son. In usual fashion, as soon as I came downstairs, I was mobbed by the four cats, for their early morning breakfast.

That's todays' rant over !!

Back to the weather, are we still on, for a little snow later?

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Posted
6 hours ago, Neilsouth said:

I saw people posting about 8CM of snow, then I noticed I was in the 2012 thread..

How c ra p is that :(

Proper cold spell back then with a thick covering of snow.:cold: