Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

9 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

What on earth was Carol Kirkwood on earlier this morning when she said a chance of snow and lightning on Tuesday night in East Anglia?

She said aswell about the front gaining strength again over the south east..

Intresting that some models now sniff our a little bit of it but not much.. 

Just watch the radar and cross our fingers I guess lol but I don't hold much hope 

overview_033.thumb.jpg.1dcef2da469f7bdb7f122e899b61c8e3.jpg

preciprate_033.thumb.jpg.4582eeead45312029400f7c64a1d442d.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
12 minutes ago, Jason M said:

She was talking about heavy showers that could follow the front into the NW. She didn't mention EA and the SE (at least on the forecast I saw). The reference to thundersnow was def for NW areas.

Hi Jason we must have watched different forecasts , she is on every 30 mins so entirely possible , I watched the forecast this morning and she absolutely said the front would pep up again in the form of showers in the southeast  and could be accompanied with thunder and lightning. Let’s hope she’s right . ?.

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Mark wheeler said:

I Jason we must have watched different forecasts , she is on every 30 mins  , I watched the forecast this morning and she absolutely said the front would pep up again in the form of showers in the southeast  and could be accompanied with thunder and lightning. Let’s up she’s right . ?.

Yep the one I saw was on breakfast this morning but maybe just different phrasing somewhere as they are live forecasts. Lets hope this is right :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I like it when I say, 'I don't want snow'  and it doesn't.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The chance of a few snow showers overnight, nothing more than a dusting locally from these. For most there will be clear skies and a widespread frost. Tomorrow looms bright and crisp before cloud increases from the west, it appears the Wash could act as a conduit to pep up the preipitation as northerly winds carry extra moisture off the warmer waters around there. A centimetre or two could be possible more from the fact that the front will be slow moving rather than how heavy the snow would be. 

There will also be a few snow showers following this front for Tuesday night which are also mentioned in the metoffice warnings. Beyond this I can't see too much else happening from this spell.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Well there has been a 'streamer that has slowly been edging north up the Channel  towards the south east. I have been watching it creep ever closer for the last few hours. According  to the net weather radar it is turning to rain/snow as it gets close. Everything crossed here in Eastbourne. ?

Screenshot_20180205-210235.png

Edited by jasonuk
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
1 minute ago, jasonuk said:

Well there has been a 'streamer that has slowly been edging north up the Channel  towards the south east. I have been watching it creep ever closer for the last few hours. According  to the net weather radar it is turning to rain/snow as it gets close. Everything crossed here in Eaastbourne. ?

We appear to be getting extremely light flurries here in Hastings. I just shone my torch out of the window.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, jasonuk said:

Well there has been a 'streamer that has slowly been edging north up the Channel  towards the south east. I have been watching it creep ever closer for the last few hours. According  to the net weather radar it is turning to rain/snow as it gets close. Everything crossed here in Eaastbourne. ?

It’s funny you mention that because I was listening to talk sport weather report earlier and it said some snow moving up from the south this evning?

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Been pretty pants this cold spell,yes it was nice to see it falling out of the sky and settle,and it's the 1st time in nearly 5 years,but it was all gone by 10am,and the temp was a balmy 6c by lunchtime,felt quite pleasant in the sun away from the wind,is this the way its going to be,getting excited at charts 2 weeks away,then watching in disbelief as it waters down to some hit and miss showers,very sad and worrying

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Damnit. And there was me going to try for an early night for work in the morning ?

Posted
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
  • Weather Preferences: Snow November to March. Heat and sun late April to early October
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
1 hour ago, E17boy said:

Oh no I am in N/E London Walthamstow I wonder what the chances are here tomorrow night. 

I hope you're right for us ESE of london but I asked Liam Dutton on Twitter and  he thinks it's favouring Lincolnshire and east Anglia more than the SE. Although we still have light snow symbols currently for here in Gravesend. But I won't get my hopes up after this mornings fail

Edited by John Michael How

Posted

Had about 15 minutes of light snow this morning followed and about half an hour of gruple late afternoon but apart from that been dry.  Not holding my breath about getting any snow over the next couple of days, but at least should get some good frosts. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I wonder if this streamer can keep heading North and become a Thames Streamer.. :rofl:

Posted
1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

I wonder if this streamer can keep heading North and become a Thames Streamer.. :rofl:

It has been heading more north in the last ahour so protetional is there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 hours ago, Hammer50 said:

What would the TVs be like if we had proper snow and proper cold .

Think they would be screaming Armageddon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Haha . Popular name that's why.

The best name!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
10 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Euro4 joins the party 

18020700_0512.thumb.gif.77c4d65fef855ebc715163a78450b4b9.gif

18020706_0512.thumb.gif.b73795b1b05fd0a8fd49e7b4c4fd9980.gif

Is the thin band in front of the front the streamer heading up towards us now still hanging about?

Posted

Does anyone think it possible that a decent streamer from the current snow/rain over jersey could build up in the channel and deliver overnight? I noticed its grazed hastings...

• Like 1