Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
5 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Yes that is true. Latest model output suggests this is more likely across Lincs into Norfolk could be a tad disruptive. 

Not reaching Kent? 

Posted
5 minutes ago, James Oliver said:

Not reaching Kent? 

The forecast I watched that was the first in a while for me also mentioned it pepping up to the east of London so for you too in fact HARMONIE is good for you albeit not long-lasting.

A3DE398F-495F-498E-A472-1BB5749DAB26.thumb.jpeg.dbf669a5b07c764b10a33d297e13db82.jpeg

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

This is the remainder of this mornings snow party... all rather forlorn and sad? !

197E9104-5AED-44A1-84F6-934D981686F6.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, bluebell said:

This is the remainder of this mornings snow party... all rather forlorn and sad? !

197E9104-5AED-44A1-84F6-934D981686F6.jpeg

It’s seen better days may see a top up if it’s still in one piece tomorrow...:laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Today turned out to be a damp squib for my area - next up is Weds morning:drunk-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
2 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

It’s seen better days may see a top up if it’s still in one piece tomorrow...:laugh:

? here’s hoping otherwise a slow grim death is in the offing unless I move him to the freezer

Posted
Just now, bluebell said:

? here’s hoping otherwise a slow grim death is in the offing unless I move him to the freezer

The freezer awaits excellent idea just keeping it over till the next lot. :laugh::cold:

• Like 2

Posted

Is there an irony in graupel falling onto the jackets and boots as I waterproof them for the long-awaited trip to Austria in search of snow? It's certainly going to be cold and snowy there if temperatures in the valley are anything to go by!

filzmoos weather forecast.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

GFS is looking better for us cheeky light covering widely? 

4FA1B666-9E33-444D-AF2E-7020F288CFA8.thumb.jpeg.d7f85b924b93355b2612743564b1f369.jpeg

Brighton balancing on the periphery once again!  No snow laid here last night nor today but it did try!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I've put the snow shield up for tonight, although i'm guessing I won't need it.

sucha waste of icy cold.

Hello lovelies hope you all had a good Monday and I know some were luckier than others with the snow.

i am just on my way back from Milton Keynes to my home in Walthamstow and I can tell you it is freezing cold in MK. 

I did manage to see a bit of the white stuff just before I left this morning so I cannot complain. Now our next wait for tomorrow night. I am more hopeful we will get at least a slight covering. The end of the week still looks undecided but I am sure we still have enough time for further developments. I still think nothing is set in stone so watch this space. 

Wishhing you all lovely evening for now. 

Regards ????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

God help us if this is the 'coldest week of the winter' as expressed by the media...4.7max today and snow deep enough to freeze an ant (before it melted 30 minutes later) - 37 days without an air frost here (that says it all about this winter).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
1 hour ago, shotski said:

Not tonight I don’t think, slim chance tomorrow evening/night ?

Thank you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Don’t panic I’m sure the mid to end of Feb will produce for all of our region. I was in one of the lucky areas that got this in early December but hope to see it again very soon ?

CCC3EA84-8A6C-4593-A212-F23550DF54C3.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Here in Haywards Heath we reached a max of 3.9c, so i'm not gutted anymore that we didn't get any snow here, as it all would of melted long before I got home from work anyway.

Incredible if this is the coldest week of winter with temps like this, hopefully tonight/tomorrow will be colder?

Has anyone seen the Hi-Res models for tomorrows snow /rain event? I normally rely on people in here to post them up but haven't seen any today.

I'm going to order a indian take away for me and my son to help cheer us up lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

On the lunchtime BBC forecast, the presenter informed us that tonight will be 'bitterly cold'..My cries of 'YESSS!' were rudely cut short when the graphic for tomorrow morning (8 a.m.?) showed 0C for Norwich and -1C for somewhere around the Diss area...:cc_confused:

'Bitterly cold' always used to imply minima of around -6C or less...Have we really all gone that soft!:help:

• Like 4

Posted

Question. 

Could that band of precipitation heading towards northern France threaten us later tonight or tomorrow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Evening everyone, 

Really good to hear the reports of snow for S’Eastern parts of region this morning. Although not much I’m sure you guys cherished every flake of it... :)

blooming deserved... :yahoo:

Has anyone noticed the pressure the TV weather forecasters are under today? Take sky’s news this morning and BBC lunchtime News.... both stations had the newsreaders claiming “Britain heading for a severe cold spell, let’s go over to ..... ...... for the weather”

It was cringable to say the least. This cold spell is not noteworthy nor severe. 

Does anyone know why, from the main (credible) news/media stations have they gone on off one and are claiming temps of 3c for a few days is making panic stations? 

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Snowy Bob said:

Question. 

Could that band of precipitation heading towards northern France threaten us later tonight or tomorrow?

I have had my eye on that since yesterday after I watched the BBC extended forcast. We still have time and small adjustments could happen could it just here I am wishing so much. 

If only dreams came true

???❄️️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
11 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

On the lunchtime BBC forecast, the presenter informed us that tonight will be 'bitterly cold'..My cries of 'YESSS!' were rudely cut short when the graphic for tomorrow morning (8 a.m.?) showed 0C for Norwich and -1C for somewhere around the Diss area...:cc_confused:

'Bitterly cold' always used to imply minima of around -6C or less...Have we really all gone that soft!:help:

Spot on!...'Snowflake' Britain without the flakes! Sadly normal winter fare is completely over exaggerated in the media now days.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

The 12z data is in, what does it say about tomorrow?

Well, the EURO4 has it just about reaching the region, all rather light and patchy though, nothing overly exciting

EURO4.thumb.gif.47f2172e0bdc5f22888f9ce137b4c593.gif

The APERGE has it dying just before our region, the next frame in the run has no PPN anywhere near us, so just West of London

APERGE.thumb.jpg.a319ff28b11466f52f50a8e8827db76c.jpg

The NetWx-SR is perhaps my favourite, keeping the band together and also invigorating the band across EA as it interacts with the North-Sea

SR1.thumb.png.0c743f18a74ccf50bbf0118e92b42819.pngSR2.thumb.png.0e9c79cf13f7c8de438037bfb380eac9.pngSR3.thumb.png.74dcb7ff94946e935718016d62b5a219.png

SR4.thumb.png.6bf4498a1da2b84d586044165cca9433.png

The FAX charts bring the occlusion over us and our region is where it stalls for a bit, sortof bucking before moving East as an upper occlusion

FAX1.thumb.gif.2b5e2df9b448669782921053d401c376.gifFAX2.thumb.gif.684cdfc7310bf46462327a51adea05aa.gif

So will we see snow tomorrow? Christ knows.

I think East Anglia and those North of London stand the best chance, those South of the river are probably going to have to cross their fingers and hope for the best because it seems most likely to die before reaching this area (but then, we did have the fun last night so I guess it's only fair)

It'll come down to a nowcast though for sure.