Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
Just now, throwoff said:

I’m sure someone will be along shortly to tell us nothing will happen and it’s all in 2 weeks ?

Unfortunately I am starting to agree with you mate

this year seems to be full of promise, but once the projected promise arrives

its all lies

lies I tell ya

?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Just now, E17boy said:

I was going to say looks like a smoke machine I have seen in parties lol lol would suite someone who is a fog hunter ???

Yh I know, its just my luck that my snow machine blows out smoke, I should have sent it back but it never snows around here anyway, so thought I might as well just stick with the fog.:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
8 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yh the Shower SE of Clacton looks like it will graze Shoeburyness and head SW towards Medway Towns.

The shift is definate now but still not ENE but nearly!

ETA Mr Sherman? And will the upper low over n France chuck any additional ppn into the mix?

9 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

The bbc extended forecasts are just as unreliable as any other long range forecast,they seem to chop and change all the time,why they mentioning snow now,yesterday they said it be mostly rain.Useless the lot of them.

Yes quite agree will probably be different tomorrow., but that area of snow that is showing up over France on Tuesday has really caught my eye can we get some adjustments. My wishful thinking ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow
10 minutes ago, john mac said:

Lapland is amazing. We go most years. You’ll love it!

Thanks, my wife and I can't wait.   Been to Iceland twice (which was awesome - briefly sighted the Northern Lights).  I think Ivalo will be great.

Edited by Whereisthesnow?

Posted
3 minutes ago, UKSnakey said:

ETA Mr Sherman? And will the upper low over n France chuck any additional ppn into the mix?

First one is just east of Shoeburyness but dying a death, the ones behind it are much healthier off the coast of Southwold (Suffolk) and if these can then become mor favourable in the ENE would hazard a guess at 0100 onwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
24 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

This is the occlusion I believe it will be with us....perhaps a more organised area snow Monday morning I don’t think it will be that heavy but could give snow for many of us.

3CF4EC3F-11D7-4639-8CBC-FB770662E00F.thumb.gif.f8ab0e5f23a4f3685936f7191e83aa75.gif3FB81E6A-C023-4675-9ED3-F4D706079818.thumb.png.062ac1872e681442067a6752ecaa279e.pngv

:yahoo:Sounds good to me.

I notice the showers are hugging the Essex coast now, thats always a good sign, should start getting into north Kent soon and maybe parts of Surrey later on too. Should be turning more to snow now virtually everywhere. 

• Like 2

Posted

If I do get any snow I’ll ‘dedicate’ it to Chris M my mum was touch and go with cancer that was early 2015, and we had an exchange of messages after I enquired about joining snow cup over at JP site. While he was going through his own cancer battle. He was compassionate, thoughtful, good sense of humour just a good decent man, despite his own struggle. I honestly never saw his passing coming I never knew the ins and outs of his diagnosis and prognosis but I thought he would be OK. Only a month or so later I think it was he succumbed to cancer - life can be cruel it doesn’t discriminate. :( 

He is sorely missed by many, life can be very cruel. You have to make the most of it you never know when the time may knock. 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, Whereisthesnow? said:

Thanks, my wife and I can't wait.   Been to Iceland twice (which was awesome - briefly sighted the Northern Lights).  I think Ivalo will be great.

Ton loads of snow up there this year. Levi is a great place to go. Amazing ski resort!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
3 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

First one is just east of Shoeburyness but dying a death, the ones behind it are much healthier off the coast of Southwold (Suffolk) and if these can then become mor favourable in the ENE would hazard a guess at 0100 onwards.

How is it look from Whitstable to Manston as I'm staying with family after having a very nasty migraine :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sunny days!

Just experienced a brief crashy moment of website ..... Think people are getting somewhat excited! :wallbash:

Posted
9 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

See people

things on the up-

streamer cutting across sussex now even into w. sussex

still 3-4 hours yet before it swings more- but timings start to feel better as the ground temps drop to below zero

-0.6c here!

not in w. sussex yet but it can keep swinging up to horsham

Posted
6 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

How is it look from Whitstable to Manston as I'm staying with family after having a very nasty migraine :(

Should be decent next few hours as the flow alligns more favourable Neil

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Good luck everyone , hope the majority see some snow , off to bed to eat my Jaffa cakes ? .Lol I got told !! 

• Like 1

Posted

For some reason I always crack open a bottle when snow is due.  Any old excuse.  But the wine has won and I go to bed with no snow, I bet Mr Sherman has taken it all for Leigh and not sent anything a few miles north.  

Anyway it has been great to see so many regulars back tonight. Good luck everyone 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Nowhere near freezing yet at worthing pier, still 1.7c 

• Like 1

Posted

On a happier note ENE flow is now into E Kent and coastal areas of East Coast increasingly in hours ahead showers will go inland delivering snow for all that see them that is.

017426B9-4CDC-4139-8B27-77F67B893EC9.png

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Fingers crossed for the occluded front arriving in our area Tuesday evening / night from the NW having a little more oomph than GFS and EC suggests, may give a light covering in places..

11D2676F-8D76-4663-B4C6-270FFC1BCBC9.thumb.gif.7ae1c62152f2d91f6a41350a1cd88b14.gifE246D5C1-9E80-4E37-8163-3A427CC0E4FB.thumb.png.40f8a52eea698a91eb6cefe8a2de0f2a.pngBE675895-E576-4243-B45F-EF4C174F3B14.thumb.png.5c58d510753f54ed801d25c0e2225df5.png

ARPEGE gives a little more Tues night

CE376B08-2EF8-425C-B7C7-8B17C883126C.thumb.jpeg.653417a325a1137410b311eadd73a587.jpeg

• Like 7