Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

This is the occlusion I believe it will be with us....perhaps a more organised area snow Monday morning I don’t think it will be that heavy but could give snow for many of us.

3CF4EC3F-11D7-4639-8CBC-FB770662E00F.thumb.gif.f8ab0e5f23a4f3685936f7191e83aa75.gif3FB81E6A-C023-4675-9ED3-F4D706079818.thumb.png.062ac1872e681442067a6752ecaa279e.pngv

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

This has North-Kents name on it, winds have definitely shifted so we should see more areas getting in on the fun over the next couple of hours

NW.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

My 12 year old daughter’s just told me that, more than ever, I’m the saddest man on the planet for being on a forum discussing whether it’s going to snow or not.

i can confirm she’s just been given the “Jaffa cake” treatment.

Edited by lawrenk
Typo!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

It's been fun building up to this but I don't believe anything will happen where I am (Bexley).  However, I'm off to Ivalo, Finland next Sunday (spending 4 nights in a glass igloo), guaranteed snow, -23 and the best of all, Aurora Borealis!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
1 minute ago, lawrenk said:

My 12 daughter’s just told me that, more than ever, I’m the saddest man on the planet for being on a forum discussing whether it’s going to snow or not.

i can confirm she’s just been given the “Jaffa cake” treatment.

You have 12 daughters?!

Hi peeps just watched the extended BBC forcast and there seems to be some new developments.

thd front that is coming from the N/W through our region on Tuesday night may pep up. Also from what I saw on the map there is a area of snow just over in France at the same time which caught my eye, although nothing of this was mentioned in the forcast it only needs small adjustments north and it would by knocking on our regions door. 

On Friday it was mentioned another front coming in over us from the N/W could actually stall and there could be sleet and snow. The presenter did say they were not sure of the detail on this but will firm up nearer the time. 

So some positives in this forcast for us here and as I said in my post yesterday I think we are going to be in a week where nothing is set in stone it's a evolving setup anything can change.

regards ????

• Like 1

Posted

Just dropped below freezing here at -0.1C

Slight dusting on car roof and looking at radar maybe a shower soon

Posted
10 minutes ago, throwoff said:

Still showing snow for me

Keep an eye though... Thems showers  just off  Clacton have your name on them..and with a bit of slight westward drift after you maybe ill see something ? :-) 

Posted
6 minutes ago, E17boy said:

Hi peeps just watched the extended BBC forcast and there seems to be some new developments.

thd front that is coming from the N/W through our region on Tuesday night may pep up. Also from what I saw on the map there is a area of snow just over in France at the same time which caught my eye, although nothing of this was mentioned in the forcast it only needs small adjustments north and it would by knocking on our regions door. 

On Friday it was mentioned another front coming in over us from the N/W could actually stall and there could be sleet and snow. The presenter did say they were not sure of the detail on this but will firm up nearer the time. 

So some positives in this forcast for us here and as I said in my post yesterday I think we are going to be in a week where nothing is set in stone it's a evolving setup anything can change.

regards ????

The bbc extended forecasts are just as unreliable as any other long range forecast,they seem to chop and change all the time,why they mentioning snow now,yesterday they said it be mostly rain.Useless the lot of them.

• Like 1

Posted

Yh the Shower SE of Clacton looks like it will graze Shoeburyness and head SW towards Medway Towns.

The shift is definate now but still not ENE but nearly!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms
12 minutes ago, Whereisthesnow? said:

It's been fun building up to this but I don't believe anything will happen where I am (Bexley).  However, I'm off to Ivalo, Finland next Sunday (spending 4 nights in a glass igloo), guaranteed snow, -23 and the best of all, Aurora Borealis!

Lapland is amazing. We go most years. You’ll love it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yh the Shower SE of Clacton looks like it will graze Shoeburyness and head SW towards Medway Towns.

The shift is definate now but still not ENE but nearly!

Isn’t ENE good for a Thames streamer setup

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Snowing heavily just East of Heathfield, certainly not marginal, grass, pavements white within minutes of it starting and road going white as well. Woohoo ?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, snowray said:

The bounty hunter snow machine was for lassie though. ;)

I got my snow making machine from amazon for Christmas but it looks more like a fog making machine when I switch it on, made in China so maybe some confusion in the translation. :cc_confused:

71VJOYFQS6L._SL1020_.jpg

I was going to say looks like a smoke machine I have seen in parties lol lol would suite someone who is a fog hunter ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
Just now, Convergence said:

Snowing heavily just East of Heathfield, certainly not marginal, grass, pavements white within minutes of it starting and road going white as well. Woohoo ?

Nice one

at least some members are getting the good stuff

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
1 minute ago, snowbob said:

Nice one

at least some members are getting the good stuff

I’m sure someone will be along shortly to tell us nothing will happen and it’s all in 2 weeks ?

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, CK1981 said:

Localised areas will have some good snowfalls, but mark my words, mid Feb onwards will deliver the goods 

Lol you said this is a nothing cold spell,then say some will have a good snowfall:gathering:

i don’t think anyone said it was going to be a mega cold spell,unless people are unable to read the charts properly.The Easterly is too short lived to produce much.

Still can’t wait till mid-month then for the proper cold spell to arrive.

As your  so sure about this,what sort of snow depth are we talking about here etc,will we be digging ourselves out of our homes,that sort of thing .:help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
26 minutes ago, snowray said:

The bounty hunter snow machine was for lassie though. ;)

I got my snow making machine from amazon for Christmas but it looks more like a fog making machine when I switch it on, made in China so maybe some confusion in the translation. :cc_confused:

71VJOYFQS6L._SL1020_.jpg

Much appreciated, 10 bounties later and still not a flake:cc_confused: