Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
6 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Still crap in the Triangle of Doom!:santa-emoji:

And thats before you mention the weather ;) 

Posted

The current SSW - Sudden Stratospheric Warming is similar to the 1985 occurrence and back then most of January & February in the UK was hit very hard with hard frosts & heavy snowfall. We could be looking at a severe cold period in about two weeks time

Edited by yamkin
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
1 minute ago, bluebell said:

I think it’s just another way of saying ‘buzz off’ rather using the letter f with some others after it, followed by the word off?!  Anyway I love a Jaffa cake me, eat one and you may as well say bye bye to the whole packet! ?

What a rude sod lol , he needs to take a chill pill , god I have only been back on netweather for 24 hours and I’m getting abused ?? think I might go and eat a Jaffa cake and wait for the snow ☹️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

METO showing snow at midnight in Medway compared with radar that’s showing a build up heading our way keeps me fairly confident

• Thanks 1

Posted

well you haven't missed much so far guys.  It's been wintery mix, of rain, sleet and snow which has not laid. Think (at the moment anyway) your need to be a little away from the coast, and 100m ish above sea level for snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

So that explains it...the temp has risen from 2C at seven to 3C now. Not exactly what the doctor ordered. No wonder the earlier sleet has all reverted back to drizzle!

Somebody's forecasts are way, way off-track???:unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I am cracking up at some of the more bantery posts on here tonight :rofl::rofl:

Posted
2 minutes ago, Gretal said:

Weren’t you ready to slash your wrists last night because no one welcomed you back ?

Ha ha , don’t joke about that sort of thing please !! God I have been a member of netweather for many years , I’m gobsmacked at your response !! Clearly not educated , enough said 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Marie said:

What a rude sod lol , he needs to take a chill pill , god I have only been back on netweather for 24 hours and I’m getting abused ?? think I might go and eat a Jaffa cake and wait for the snow ☹️

Welcome Marie you ain’t seen nothing yet.:girl_devil::D

there has been a disturbing lack of banter in se thread since the ‘exodus’ nice to see some tonight. Jaffa cake have you triggered the swear filter already. :laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Nothing here all day. Very frosty now though. 

I have got a funny feeling I am going to be very unlucky. Me will be going to work to Milton Keynes in the morning and if we do get snow wiill probably come after I have left London. Don't think will see anything in MK. 

When I return back in the evening the showers would be gone by then lol ?.  

I really hope if there is snow showers in the morning and that's a big if I get to see at least some of it before my commute. 

Anyway good people will watch the extended BBC forcast at 955 see what that is saying. 

Take care for now all ????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms & Snow!
Just now, Marie said:

Ha ha , don’t joke about that sort of thing please !! God I have been a member of netweather for many years , I’m gobsmacked at your response !! Clearly not educated , enough said 

So have I.  Educated to the hilt actually.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
8 minutes ago, Marie said:

Yes go for it knock yourself out with a Jaffa cake, I’ve settled for. Jim beam red stag and coke (yes on a school night I know) , easing the pain of the no snow situation!! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

more organised snow. Could head our way maybe ?

20180204_212212.png

That lot looks very nice :), knowing our luck its the snow that ends up in Paris tomorrow. Well I'm still expecting a few flakes later on, I think Steve M is still being positive.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Thank you for those kind words, Ian. Yes, it's coming back to me now, didn't you post a lot on the music thread, as bjay?

Weird thing the brain and memory!! Do you know, when I came out of hospital, I'd forgotten that my hobby was Meteorology and that I was a member, of this forum. How's that possible ?:nonono:

Regards,

Tom.:hi:

Ps. I'm sorry, if I've forgotten to thank anybody for their kind words, on here, today. Getting a bit fatigued, now.

Indeed Tom we used to dominate that thread at times, I think you posted just about every song ever made by Santana :D

All those that are frustrated about missing the showers tonight, you're more than welcome to have a few of the rain showers that have peppered Greatstone all day long :) 

• Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

beat me to it.but Beccles isn't as chavvy as other parts of the triangle.

I'll be honest i have no idea what Beccles is like. All i know is from Pete's posts from the recent past it doesn't do well with snow!

Posted

I don't expect to see anything from the Sleet/Snow Showers which will effect you guys overnight, i am probably the furthest North West in this whole thread. Wishing you all the best of luck and look forward to your reports! :D

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Wind seems to be starting to shift, we here out in Leigh On Sea tend to be the first to see these Estuary showers as they start their journey up the Thames, will report in when something happens. And will send them further west and south west with love.

Good luck everyone

What you thinking Paul?. She isn’t talking just yet, but got a feeling things will start to turn in the next few hours, more so towards dawn. Perhaps a light dusting...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
6 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Yes - gone under !

F139EB85-8C82-4DA5-88A3-34E7E5936076.thumb.jpeg.d78f36a7da8ca01c73fef565696607ee.jpeg

We just need some snow now steve

hoping the showers pull inland

Posted
2 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Welcome Marie you ain’t seen nothing yet.:girl_devil::D

there has been a disturbing lack of banter in se thread since the ‘exodus’ nice to see some tonight. Jaffa cake have you triggered the swear filter already. :laugh:

I seriously can’t believe how some people talk to others lol , I actually haven’t done anything wrong ?? , I use to be on this forum when John pike was around and many others , I’m seriously gobsmacked how people abuse each other ? .Oh well it’s very cold outside but no PPN yet apart from my tears ?

• Like 3