Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
12 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Yes, that Snow Cup thing, seemed to jinx our snow chances!! Had a brain haemorrhage/stroke, in Sept.2015, so absolutely no chance of me, engaging in that again, you'll be pleased to hear!! Although, I feel a lot better, still feel very fatigued, at times. The Snow Cup, was probably why my brain, blew up, in the first place!!:D Really did put a lot of work, into that.

Regards,

Tom:hi:

Hi Tom, really sorry to hear that you were unwell and relieved that you are recovering, I used to be bjaykent back in the mists of time. We had some fun on here back in those days. Best wishes Ian.

As for the weather, it's been a pretty awful day down at Greatstone, almost constant rain showers, no sign of anything particularly wintry as yet with the temperature currently standing just under 2c. :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sunny days!
Just now, abruzzi spur said:

Git.

Joke?

Snow currently missing presumed lost.  If anyone sees an entirely uniquely shaped ice crystal, possibly in the presence of other ice crystals that initially look the same but in fact are subtly different, please call Rime Watch.  Remember, snow is not common so, please, don't have nightmares. 

It's the lack of snow that's causing this I tell you. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
4 minutes ago, Marie said:

Get a grip mate ? , do you know how to laugh !! Don’t take things to heart we are talking about weather not the world ending ??

Well said.

For what it’s worth, the chase, anticipation and laughs in here are a good part of what it’s all about for me.

If it was all about getting loads of snow, I’d move to Canada and, even then, I’d probably choose the worst location!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
2 minutes ago, bobbydog said:

i dont think she's wearing jaffa cakes... :p

I’m confused ? what does Jaffa cakes mean !! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

The French nick our storms, the Dutch are currently nicking the snow, and we get drizzle at most

Mother nature is like the best. 

Posted

Back to sleet and rain now... Not going well. I was expecting everything to be snow by now 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Raining really hard here the wind has got up and its very strong because i can here it through my ear phones and the double glazing. i can feel how low the tempreture has got y just touching the glass doors. who knows what this night holds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Finally I have a shower with some snow flakes in it, hope the next one is all snow, now things are trying to transition.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
7 minutes ago, kentcloud said:

Hi Tom, really sorry to hear that you were unwell and relieved that you are recovering, I used to be bjaykent back in the mists of time. We had some fun on here back in those days. Best wishes Ian.

As for the weather, it's been a pretty awful day down at Greatstone, almost constant rain showers, no sign of anything particularly wintry as yet with the temperature currently standing just under 2c. :)

Sorry to hear Tom! Good to see you back on here. I never realised Chris Mantle had passed away, another name from the Snow Depth Cup! :( 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
5 minutes ago, Spikey M said:

It’s all going straight over Kent. Argh!

Not this part of Kent..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
23 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I only have 4399 left, but sure i can spare one:santa-emoji:

Awwww your too kind, you really are, I know how much you love's em. Bit OTT getting that many though, you weren't expecting them blizzards all week was you? :rofl:

download-1.jpg

images-8.jpg

Posted
1 minute ago, bobbydog said:

here's one i found on my car bonnet in december-

20171201_213913.thumb.jpg.ac5846e958c4d5a36c2aff35a72d9107.jpg

wanted- dead or alive.

That's the one, that's the one!  Just look at it's guilty face!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
6 minutes ago, Spikey M said:

It’s all going straight over Kent. Argh!

South East Kent and EAST KENT! 

It's only just clipping the coast, so no argh really.......... Oh and it's still a bit *CENSORED* if you like drizzle or light pellets

Edited by Neilsouth

Posted
2 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Finally I have a shower with some snow flakes in it, hope the next one is all snow, now things are trying to transition.

I'm struggling to see clearly. No lampost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
8 minutes ago, Nick L said:

If everyone on here could be friendly and (ideally) find a sense of humour, that would just be hunky dorey.

You mean to say we're not allowed to throw our toys out into the snow, or lack of? I guess I'll just take my (snow)ball back then! Hmph. Mods: you all do a damn fine job. We thank you muchly.

Don't know why ppl are upset though. If you follow the words of both nicks and Mr murr for example.. you'll neither lose your heads or hair fretting. If we get snow then yay!!!! If not, or others do... then ah sure. We've seen 2010s epic winter- take comfort that your snowman won't melt eventually. Or as it is cold.. stick ya beer in the garden for a chilled bevvy tomorrow  :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
3 minutes ago, Marie said:

cakes

4 minutes ago, Marie said:

I’m confused ? what does Jaffa cakes mean !! 

I think it’s just another way of saying ‘buzz off’ rather using the letter f with some others after it, followed by the word off?!  Anyway I love a Jaffa cake me, eat one and you may as well say bye bye to the whole packet! ?

• Like 2