Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Very light snow flurry in Hailsham (E Sx)

Posted
4 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

For those members, in the Thames Corridor area, most model afternoon runs show the NE flow turning towards the ENE. around midnight or soon after, although the flow by then wont be that strong, It's still possible though , for some sleet/snow showers, to move along the Thames Corridor and give a light dusting, to these parts.  If the flow remains NE, the preferred landing zone, would be Mid-Kent to E,Sussex. again giving a covering, as dew points fall, generally,

Those of you radar watching, may start to see the flow, changing direction, later in the evening. Tell tale radar profile to look for would be, a break in the ppn streamer, from the NE > SW, to more of a E > W, movement If this is going to occur, look out for a change in the orientation of the ppn streamer first, in the top right hand corner, of the Dutch radar grabs.

Does any member know where I can find the Gatwick TAF, for early tomorrow morning? My daughter and boyfriend, are driving down to Gatwick, at 6.30, in the morning, from the Bromley area. I saw a post earlier today, stating that all London airports had been warned of overnight/morning snowfall, resulting in possible disruption to flights.

I told my daughter, that I thought they should be alright, as Gatwick is quite sheltered from the NE/ENE.

If someone could find the Gatwick TAF, I would much appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Tom. :hi:

http://en.allmetsat.com/metar-taf/united-kingdom-ireland.php?icao=EGKK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Haven't had an air frost now for 36 days!!...that says it all about this winter, lack of any real cold about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!
10 minutes ago, Rob Deacon said:

Where abouts in east sussex?

I'm in Mayfield (8 miles south of tunbridge wells) Am driving husband mad waving a torch out the window every few minutes! Have a good feeling about this tonight. Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Moderate rain. 0.9C dp, 3.6C temp. Hopefully this changes soon.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Haven't had an air frost now for 36 days!!...that says it all about this winter, lack of any real cold about.

Yes! That’s why this cold spell seems more special, when it’s really not 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Thanks very much, FiftyShadesofSnow and CK1981.

Regards,

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

I did say all along this would be a normal cold spell. Funny how those who bashed me are nowhere to be seen. 

Snow for some over the next few days, then standard winter weather, followed by something much colder mid month.

It’s just started and already your talking as if it’s done? 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Daniel* said:

It’s just started and already your talking as if it’s done? 

Seriously, apart from the chances of snow over the next few days, you think this is going to be an amazing cold week. Ok then lol

Posted
1 minute ago, CK1981 said:

Seriously, apart from the chances of snow over the next few days, you think this is going to be an amazing cold week. Ok then lol

Erm no? But give it the benefit of the doubt. Always things tend to pop up at short notice. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.
11 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Yes, that Snow Cup thing, seemed to jinx our snow chances!! Had a brain haemorrhage/stroke, in Sept.2015, so absolutely no chance of me, engaging in that again, you'll be pleased to hear!! Although, I feel a lot better, still feel very fatigued, at times. The Snow Cup, was probably why my brain, blew up, in the first place!!:D Really did put a lot of work, into that.

Regards,

Tom:hi:

Sorry to hear that Tom! Didn't know that. With Chris dying it seems the damned thing was cursed!

Posted
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

Erm no? But give it the benefit of the doubt. Always things tend to pop up at short notice. 

That ship has sailed.

I think we both know the best chances are from mid month onwards, perhaps a little earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

it's looking dog biscuits, nothing to get excited about, talking of biscuits, i have COOKIES

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
14 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

WELL just seen the beeb  forecast for here rye and its back to light snow early hours of the morning, WHAT IS GOING ON

They are not using met office anymore, so follow whatever model meteo group use, or whatever there forecasters say. Sorry if company is wrong can't remember exactly who they are.

Posted
18 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

For those members, in the Thames Corridor area, most model afternoon runs show the NE flow turning towards the ENE. around midnight or soon after, although the flow by then wont be that strong, It's still possible though , for some sleet/snow showers, to move along the Thames Corridor and give a light dusting, to these parts.  If the flow remains NE, the preferred landing zone, would be Mid-Kent to E,Sussex. again giving a covering, as dew points fall, generally,

Those of you radar watching, may start to see the flow, changing direction, later in the evening. Tell tale radar profile to look for would be, a break in the ppn streamer, from the NE > SW, to more of a E > W, movement If this is going to occur, look out for a change in the orientation of the ppn streamer first, in the top right hand corner, of the Dutch radar grabs.

Does any member know where I can find the Gatwick TAF, for early tomorrow morning? My daughter and boyfriend, are driving down to Gatwick, at 6.30, in the morning, from the Bromley area. I saw a post earlier today, stating that all London airports had been warned of overnight/morning snowfall, resulting in possible disruption to flights.

I told my daughter, that I thought they should be alright, as Gatwick is quite sheltered from the NE/ENE.

If someone could find the Gatwick TAF, I would much appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Can’t send you that Tom, but I can tell you it never bloody snows round here! ?

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

it's looking dog biscuits, nothing to get excited about, talking of biscuits, i have COOKIES

Exactly and what I’ve been saying for several days. 

It wasn’t meant to be smug, I was just highlighting what the trend was showing. Moral of the story, even though I’m the biggest coldie ever, I won’t ramp unless it’s showing massive potential.....this week wasn’t!

Edited by CK1981
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

They are not using met office anymore, so follow whatever model meteo group use, or whatever there forecasters say. Sorry if company is wrong can't remember exactly who they are.

Last I heard the BBC are still using the MO for their forecasts and will be until at least March as meteogroup still aren't ready to take over, delays, much like our forecasts of easterlies :crazy:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sunny days!
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Ha ha, have you gone to the dark side!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
Just now, The East has Ceased said:

Last I heard the BBC are still using the MO for their forecasts and will be until at least March as meteogroup still aren't ready to take over, delays, much like our forecasts of easterlies :crazy:

Yes, the contract ends March 2018

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
11 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Yes, that Snow Cup thing, seemed to jinx our snow chances!! Had a brain haemorrhage/stroke, in Sept.2015, so absolutely no chance of me, engaging in that again, you'll be pleased to hear!! Although, I feel a lot better, still feel very fatigued, at times. The Snow Cup, was probably why my brain, blew up, in the first place!!:D Really did put a lot of work, into that.

Regards,

Tom:hi:

Glad to hear you’re feeling a lot better.

I’ll always remember December 10, which must have been a nightmare for, as I imagine every member was sending in reports!