Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
11 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Light to moderate rain/sleet/graupel showers on and off the last couple of hours. Bright sunshine for now and 3c. Dew point higher than earlier at 2c...are these meant to drop again later? 

Yes, I've just noticed that Lottie, after having fallen, a while ago, have now risen again, perhaps it's the long sea track, of the NE flow. If the flow, turns a little further, towards the E tonight, would expect dew points, to fall again.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

a very light rain shower here.

Posted
13 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

http://www.meteociel.fr/observations-meteo/point-de-rosee.php

Meteociel shows dew points widely over freezing in a line east from The Wash to about Brighton.

In line with euro4!!i still cant believe it theres 850 temps of -10 and still got dew points above 0!!i give up man!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Temp now upto 6.5 here in Locksbottom although with windchill feels colder.BBC app at 11am said Light snow from 5am-11am tomorrow now just looked at it again and says light snow at 5am and thats it:cc_confused:!!Shows how difficult it is to predict snow lol.I think those to East of me and South East are more likely to see showers and really need a more Easterly element of wind to come into play as current NE wind reduces chances of snow to those in this thread.We shall see how it develops!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A 'gripping' 5C here, now...No sign of either the colder uppers or the lower DPs???:cray:

Posted

regarding dew points, they are on the way back down. they rose slightly around lunchtime but are now around 0ºc across the east of the region and dropping slowly-

pointrosee_uk.thumb.png.d759424c1a80851cf516f4fe53bdb874.png

precipitation might pep up later as cloud cover increases (as seen on https://en.sat24.com/en/gb# )

showers (albeit scattered) seem to be forming just off the coast and making it a fair way inland. lets hope this increases later.... :wink: 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Temp and DP now dropping again here, 3.4, 1.1. may have been moderated by the sun, warmest part of the day, and minimal cloud about.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & T-Storms

It probably means nothing, but the travel partner my work use issue weather warnings and possible airport disruption for staff flying anywhere. I received a warning for snow and airport delays for Stansted, Heathrow and Gatwick from 10pm tonight, through to midday tomorrow. I’m due out of Heathrow on a 6am flight tomorrow, so we shall see...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Temp 5.9 and DP 1.6 ? it’s a waiting game I presume .Really hope we see some snow tonight 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Local WU weather station @ bottom of my village shows dp - 0.7 / temp 5.1 and both going down.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=ICUXTON2#history

Posted

Some darker clouds forming out to the North Sea and seeing heavier showers passing to my east. Good for east Kent . A slight change to a more easterly direction and a lot more of kent will come into play. I’ve seen snow at 1pm today. It bodes well for later 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I would like to report that we have just had some snow fall which turned back to rain.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

Posted

Went out for a drive to the shop and noticed that all the sugar beet fields around the village have had all their beet pulled in the last 24 hours (certainly none were done on Friday) and piled in long stretches down the sides of the fields. The farmer knows:cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

My favourite season, my favourite place to be! Just reading all the posts on Train back from London. All I can report is that it’s freeeezing cold! Brrrrr

i live at the highest point in Brighton so I hope we see some of the white stuff tonight ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
Just now, Alpine glow said:

My favourite season, my favourite place to be! Just reading all the posts on Train back from London. All I can report is that it’s freeeezing cold! Brrrrr

i live at the highest point in Brighton so I hope we see some of the white stuff tonight ?

did you enjoy it in london

Posted
20 minutes ago, Dorset_mist said:

It probably means nothing, but the travel partner my work use issue weather warnings and possible airport disruption for staff flying anywhere. I received a warning for snow and airport delays for Stansted, Heathrow and Gatwick from 10pm tonight, through to midday tomorrow. I’m due out of Heathrow on a 6am flight tomorrow, so we shall see...

Thanks for sharing this.

I think we may see a more organised area of snow develop over the North Sea and head into our area. 

The lower uppers should help with developments.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

did you enjoy it in london

Yes! I took my son to a charity boxing match. Joe Weller vs KSI for those who are down with the kids. 

• Like 1

Posted

most of the showers we see now will be of rain or sleet, some will be snow away from coasts. however, after sunset, the temps and dewpoints should fall away quite rapidly (already dropping steadily) then hopefully, anything falling out of the sky should be snow everywhere.

radars and lamp-posts at the ready...

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, Alpine glow said:

Yes! I took my son to a charity boxing match. Joe Weller vs KSI for those who are down with the kids. 

that rules me out  lol

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

Thanks for sharing this.

I think we may see a more organised area of snow develop over the North Sea and head into our area. 

The lower uppers should help with developments.

Are you expectig the met office to update their warning? I’m still surprised it hasn’t changed in 15 hours or so 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, bobbydog said:

most of the showers we see now will be of rain or sleet, some will be snow away from coasts. however, after sunset, the temps and dewpoints should fall away quite rapidly (already dropping steadily) then hopefully, anything falling out of the sky should be snow everywhere.

radars and lamp-posts at the ready...

Indeed. I've just arranged my laptop screen so that it reflects an image of the nearest lamppost...I don't even need to leave my chair...Lazy or what!:crazy: