Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

What makes me laugh is we’re seeing snow already off a NE wind. The last few days the ‘experts’ have been saying ‘you won’t see showers, not enough wind, not enough convection, too warm’ and putting anyone down who said otherwise.

The SE is an interesting set up in these weather conditions and the people who live here know better than most that snowy good things happen when it’s like this (that’s my professional explanation ?)

Enjoy the next 24-36 hours. And beyond. We may have very little/we may have a lot. Fun it will be. Good luck. May the snow odds be forever in your favour! ?

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
5 minutes ago, Surrey said:

@ThamesStreamer those charts that Nick posted he might want to check the 00z :drunk-emoji: I just did.. 

Just about to arrive at work so haven’t the time to check them! What’s the outlook?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow all the way
9 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

CK can i ask what you want. We are on the cusp of snow. Probably the first region wide snow for at least 5 years. The mild sector thursday has gone. By all accounts the strat is getting stronger and stronger warming. If you think itd going to be a 3 day cold shot think again its modelled for 14 days..... the dew points drop like a stone this afternoon 

Take my advice and use the ignore users in your settings......

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!
8 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

CK can i ask what you want. We are on the cusp of snow. Probably the first region wide snow for at least 5 years. The mild sector thursday has gone. By all accounts the strat is getting stronger and stronger warming. If you think itd going to be a 3 day cold shot think again its modelled for 14 days..... the dew points drop like a stone this afternoon 

Hi all, not posted on these boards for a while, Good to see familiar faces and new ones too, I'm hoping for some proper snow cover just so my little man who is 5 in a couple of weeks, gets to see his first decent snow cover, he gets super excited when there is just a bit lying around, would love for him to actually see something noteworthy ☺

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Good morning, currently getting a sleet shower.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
1 minute ago, LightningLover said:

Good morning, currently getting a sleet shower.

Lol you made leap up and look out the window it’s official there is white stuff of some kind falling out the sky!! ???

• Like 2

Posted

Woken up and watched three short Hail showers pass over. Deal is always marginal as it sits in a divot in the higher chalk downs and is right on the east coast.. usually a couple of miles inland will be coated. Looking forward to the next 48h. Good luck snowfolk.

• Like 2

Posted

Oh my we have proper snow now!! 

• Like 2

Posted
31 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

If you care to take a minute to read my post, I said the uppers have been watered down since last week.....fact!

I then went on to say most will see snow.....fact!

I also mention the possibility of a better cold spell mid month.

If you have a problem with any of the above, I’d like nothing more than you to stick me on ignore!

Edited by CK1981

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Sleet showers through the night, turning to snow showers this morning giving a light sugar coating on cars, bins etc. Not expecting too much, but it's nice to have some wintry weather around :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
13 minutes ago, Surrey said:

P1_GZ_D5_PN_012_0000.thumb.gif.05c023c4ce5792fcfe8205687f8e2cf2.gif

P1_GZ_D5_PN_018_0000.thumb.gif.372c581f2ac89f5ab16cfca7427e8b9c.gif

P1_GZ_D5_PN_024_0000.thumb.gif.dcc468a88e226b3917af6ca07f50537b.gif

P1_GZ_D5_PN_030_0000.thumb.gif.953e1615af6bc2d2bea942a10ff545a6.gif

P1_GZ_D5_PN_036_0000.gif

That's from 12pm today to 12pm tomorrow. 

Looks more favourable the more we get towards tonight 

Thaaaaaaat’s what I want to see! In these ENE or even NE setups off the N Sea I always find snow amounts are underplayed. We’ll see.

• Like 1

Posted

First snow shower of the cold spell currently falling. Earlier than I was expecting.

• Like 6

Posted

Shower has suddenly started depositing rain, mixed with something more than sleet but less than snow.

Posted

Yep it was over as soon as it started, still nice little warm up (or cool down) ready for the main course.... hopefully ??

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

As far as I know, not a single high res model has showers across the SE for this morning and yet, look at the radar

5a76c021a33cc_ScreenShot2018-02-04at08_10_42.thumb.png.75415112a0cc7b0c0b726a24839ea821.png

More convection than the models are expecting, so this *could* turn out very interesting. These showers seem to be falling as snow inland too! Winds veer more E/NE later today which should help even more, game on! 

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Nizzer said:

Please lets not see this thread descend into chaos like the other thread. The whole sites already becoming far more tedious these days, lets try and keep some sanity in here at least!

I totally agree! 

I come here for sanity, yet there are a couple of members who are hell bent to jump on and misinterpret everything I say.

As I’m only highlighting what is being shown, it’s becoming quite tiresome and annoying!

Posted

Snow!

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

I totally agree! 

I come here for sanity, yet there are a couple of members who are hell bent to jump on and misinterpret everything I say.

As I’m only highlighting what is being shown, it’s becoming quite tiresome and annoying!

Yep, me too. Though it seems to be a thing these days. I'm on a few other forums for my other interests and there seem to be "Keyboard Warriors" everywhere now. 

Edited by Wivenswold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Good morning all! 

Great to see the snow starting to fall in the South East - long overdue and I hope everyone of you see some! 

Looking forward to popping in here over the next few days to see pictures of snowy scenes but more importantly a snowman or two! :snowman-emoji: :snowman-emoji:

Enjoy! 

• Like 3

Posted
52 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Could do with a more Easterly flow to drive them showers more inland and get more people involved lol 

Looks like more are coming in and further west too from the latest radar... 

B508561F-65F4-47A4-A3DB-EF409E0F19AF.png

Edited by c00ps