Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme
1 hour ago, Marie said:

Hi guys I’m back , lots of new names in here which is good to see .Just thought I would pop in to say hello with all the interesting weather coming up , fingers and toes crossed we all get a bit of the white stuff in the next few days .Im gutted as my weather station has decided to stop working tonight , Sod’s law .Whats everyone’s feelings of potential snow fall ?? 

Hi Marie, 

I seriously doubt us here in Brighton are going to get any of the white stuff, (really want to make a lewd joke about Dukes Mound there but I shall refrain).

I don't know, we might see the odd errant flake blowing like a lonely feather in the wind, but I doubt we'll really see all that much, might be better over towards Eastbourne, Hastings and even there it may mostly be wet snow or just plain old rain. 

It's all a bit ''Meh'' really. 

hope im wrong, we'll soon find out .

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
7 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Hawkinge micro climate 

It is quite high up to be fair, up above Folkestone.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Well I posted earlier and not even a welcome back ? feeling disappointed if I’m honest !! Anyway back to the weather , like I said in previous post hoping for some snow , anyone know what the chances are ?? My weather station has given up tonight and I’m gutted ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
10 minutes ago, EML Network said:

Hi Marie, 

I seriously doubt us here in Brighton are going to get any of the white stuff, (really want to make a lewd joke about Dukes Mound there but I shall refrain).

I don't know, we might see the odd errant flake blowing like a lonely feather in the wind, but I doubt we'll really see all that much, might be better over towards Eastbourne, Hastings and even there it may mostly be wet snow or just plain old rain. 

It's all a bit ''Meh'' really. 

hope im wrong, we'll soon find out .

Thanks only just seen your reply after I posted that I had been ignored  lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
48 minutes ago, snowray said:

If you get slush at Biggin Hill, well the rest of us can forget it!:laugh:

True

but we haven’t done that great up here this year

even the last snowy weekends only gave a temp covering 

and I mean temporary a few hours of slush

• Like 1

Posted

DP down to 1.2 here, not bad really, will look out next shower to see if it's sleety. Mod thread seem happy, think everything might revert back to what was modelled before. Not so sure about that myself, think that Thursdays front may be held back and disintegrate, I do not expect the cold in Europe to collapse.

• Like 1

The models are inching that cold upper air pool nearer at 36-48- it’s certainly got legs...

snow falling for many Monday AM

to be fair the forecast posted 2 days ago hasn’t changed that much at all!

Edited by Steve Murr
  • Like 7

My last post for today for my first day on here as a newbie. My attention has also gone to that feature south of us could it just I wonder although unlikely but just imagine Wd would get decent snow fffom that. Just briefly pioped into the MOD thread and there already seems to be some talk of the Scandinavian high gaining momentum again, it's going to be some exciting weather and model watching days coming up. Nothing set in stone yet.

bedt of luck for all of us from tomorrow guys. 

All the best night night 

ps I know what I will be dreaming tonight ❄️️❄️️❄️️❄️️❄️️❄️️❄️️❄️️❄️️

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
11 minutes ago, Marie said:

Well I posted earlier and not even a welcome back ? feeling disappointed if I’m honest !! Anyway back to the weather , like I said in previous post hoping for some snow , anyone know what the chances are ?? My weather station has given up tonight and I’m gutted ?

Welcome back Marie!! You may well see a light covering overnight tomorrow into Monday morning but dont expect anything too substantial.However, the  next 7 days may provide one or two more opportunities but it really will be an evolving situation so stay tuned into the thread:good:

Posted
18 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

It is quite high up to be fair, up above Folkestone.

25 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Hawkinge micro climate 

We do sometimes seem to have it a bit different from those around us. I think no one believed our half hour of fluffy flakes on Wednesday evening :)

Alexis, where are you in relation to Dover? Higher ground on the outskirts of Dover can sometimes do quite well too..

Posted
2 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

We do sometimes seem to have it a bit different from those around us. I think no one believed our half hour of fluffy flakes on Wednesday evening :)

Alexis, where are you in relation to Dover? Higher ground on the outskirts of Dover can sometimes do quite well too..

Aycliffe village, for now, but may be moving soon. Will be in town then.

Posted
4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Aycliffe village, for now, but may be moving soon. Will be in town then.

My friend's mum used to live up Aycliffe! Spent the hottest day in August 2003 in a paddling pool in her back garden there! 

Hopefully we'll both get a bit of a coastal shower streamer going on the next few days  :cold:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Latest EURO4- 18z. :yahoo:

18020506_0318.gif

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 hours ago, scrat said:

Where's Yamkin?! 

thames has to be in danger of freezing over for him to come out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Marie said:

how many years has it been since you last posted lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Just stuck my head out the door, very chilly out there now and very wet. I was surprised it was that cold to be honest. The netweather snow percentage keeps going up and down like a yo yo. It’s been upgraded again for the week :yahoo:bbc on the other hand is quite the opposite just a few sleety hours in the week. :wallbash:

Edited by DonnaThw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

:help::help::help:

Met Office site have heavy snow over a wide area in SE on Monday morning, seriously, from 3am-9am, then lighter snow!:shok:

Hastings

Eastbourne

Tunbridge Wells

Ashford

Maidstone

Sevenoaks

Southend

Gravesend

:help::help::help:

:yahoo:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

seriously

lol

come on now

It might just be a narrow band, but its showing as heavy snow, trust me.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
1 hour ago, Marie said:

Hi Marie . I don’t remember you but maybe before my times last , but welcome Thanks back. Love the snow and lets hope we have some luck .

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1