Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
16 hours ago, Daniel* said:

ECM throws us into the freezer what can go wrong..8)

7729E940-B2DA-4515-A20A-9654355723DB.thumb.png.54e282136abeea55c72fd0197f857d19.png45D2EFAE-E4D2-4A48-8CB7-D61414BFE4AB.thumb.png.844a9cbe50daa0670bf8d8245de15bec.png

a  lot  lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

And it has ha ha ha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Dry and breezy with good sunny spells, 14C...Meteorological schizophrenia always sets in on days like this!:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

unless a model is the same on say an expected day of snow, and still shows snow then yeah i'll be excited, otherwise it's like having a new car parked outside but no keys.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 hours ago, CK1981 said:

Encouraging signs from Ian. Confidence in an Eastery appears to be growing. Let’s get it into the reliable now ?

BF0A6BE7-A572-466B-A4F0-7FB8FF179214.jpeg

i never understand his tweets, not sure what language they are written in, is what he is saying good for cold?:rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i never understand his tweets, not sure what language they are written in, is what he is saying good for cold?:rofl:

He’s basically saying the trend is good for cold from the east. Usually, the bias would be for westerly winds (that’s what he means by climatology), so the fact 25% of members are going against this and favour the easterly, is a good sign for cold....as things stand.

Edited by CK1981
  • Thanks 1

Posted
6 hours ago, tinybill said:

a  lot  lol

Misery guts lol

Arguable best ens of the winter for London suggests protracted cold signal perhaps turning even more colder with an increasing chance of wintry conditions the s word.

53664AEA-2129-4BBB-9D3F-5708EB1128DC.thumb.gif.32ffe6df3c4d6d177163c672e3c46d62.gif

• Like 2

Posted

There are many S words i think could be used there.

Posted

Good shopping weather today, mild but not warm and no rain. Even managed to take the last lot of junk from the lotty to the tip. @stainesbloke those peas sound interesting, let me know how they get on. I believe blue pumpkins are sweet and perfect for pie. Can't wait for the growing season now.

This caught my eye on Twitter:

@liamdutton Growing confidence that high pressure will have a greater influence on the UK weather into February. However, still lots of uncertainty as to the position and orientation of the high pressure, which in turn determines how cold it’ll get and any associated snow risk. Stay tuned!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

But doesn't high pressure generally mean a lack of precipitation? (Though much as I'm desperate for snow, cold and dry would also be welcome...)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

If you can get a nice low to undercut,could be game on if the cold is in place,as the low would provide the precipitation,march 2013 is a classic example,that was my locations last proper snow event

Posted
1 hour ago, JennyJane1 said:

This storm should have been named, its kept me up all night, there must be trees down, i cant believe its only affecting here.

it's windy in london but just a noisy nusance, not even a bin blown down here

Posted
21 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

it's windy in london but just a noisy nusance, not even a bin blown down here

I am headed for london now, will check your report that bins are ok.:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

We are on the verge of the long awaited Easter'ly that tbf had been touted around as arriving in Feb by some Senior Forecasters.....The question is, will it make it? Will it be the one chance before we head into Spring?

Sit back and enjoy the emotional rollercoaster this week whilst we make the mistake of riding on the back of every model output!

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

We are on the verge of the long awaited Easter'ly that tbf had been touted around as arriving in Feb by some Senior Forecasters.....The question is, will it make it? Will it be the one chance before we head into Spring?

Sit back and enjoy the emotional rollercoaster this week whilst we make the mistake of riding on the back of every model output!

i've bought an emergency generator, wood from the forest, 100 cans of beans,  a sledge, snow shoes, electric blankets rock salt and hired a snow plough, but thankfully i'm not getting carried away about some easterly showing up next month.:fool:

Posted

Hope it does make it,it’s been rubbish winter in the SE no lying snow again,

Only 6 more weeks then  5 years with no lying snow here ,can you believe it:nonono:

Edited by SLEETY

Posted

Ingredients all there for an easterly but nothing that striking being thrown up by the charts really. Even if easterly develops the High is too far South to allow any decent precip. Can foresee a cold spell for sure but most likely a calm cold spell unless the high gets further north.

All this means I can't get excited by this at the moment. Subject to change of course ... 

Still -   already had more snow this winter than last winter so all good! Bring on spring 

• Like 2

Posted

bah to the weather, just lost 2 more kittens because the lady dealing with us never told us in time again. I am not very happy and to top it off, one of our fences is lose and hubs has a fluey thing and bubs was awake with a cough and i'm :girl_devil::girl_devil::girl_devil: