Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

some lovely convection out in the channel! There's a spectacular looking CB with a large anvil, and even some mammatus on the back edge! I'm gutted I cant take any photos atm, but it was certainly a distraction from the lack of snow!

• Like 3

Posted

Beautiful out there largely cloudless across  most of the region - littlest nippy too. Great satellite image of our region in unbroken sunshine only extreme SE in that sheet of cloud over mainland Europe.

6141DBFF-EE29-480A-B9D1-E2F7CD1ABC63.thumb.png.eaa6e6c7b40745164ff9f8ff38bed987.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A nice day with lots of sunshine, well until the last 20 minutes or so when some showers have arrived.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

The Beast-erly is back on the 12z, and its just about the best possible easterly ever!:yahoo:

gfseu-0-252.png

gfseu-0-288.png

gfseu-0-336.png

gfseu-1-300.png

gfs-0-360.png

gfs-2-300.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Early Feb would also be a perfect time for an easterly, no melt yet from the stronger sun.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I'm hoping the FL models for the start of feb have just had a few sherbets and it's actually going to be a mild one, cos as luck would have it we have decided to get our boiler replaced, meaning we will be without heating most of the day, but we won't smell, enough time for a shower before the men come.

But no it can snow after the 14th, ta. 

Posted

Was not expecting to wake to a frost this morning, but car all frozen, grass pretty solid and icy pavements n roads. Seems a bit foggy too, well from what I could tell on a dark walk.

Posted
2 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Was not expecting to wake to a frost this morning, but car all frozen, grass pretty solid and icy pavements n roads. Seems a bit foggy too, well from what I could tell on a dark walk.

EDP reporting 40 or so car crashes on ice across Norfolk this morning so it must be bad out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

sunny here, weekend looks a bit mild  with other stuff, lots of sleet potential in the models this morning and who doesn't love a bit of potential sleet.

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

A very odd morning, took kids to school was sunny and slightly chilly. Drive home fog had come in fast. Got out the car to be hit by the cold. Freezing fog. I got in the car to get a ice warning and a temperature drop. Drive to Ashford Kent and it was as thick as soup

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

A very odd morning, took kids to school was sunny and slightly chilly. Drive home fog had come in fast. Got out the car to be hit by the cold. Freezing fog. I got in the car to get a ice warning and a temperature drop. Drive to Ashford Kent and it was as thick as soup

bit of everything lol, just missing a sudden snowfall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Look out,another mad thread knicker twist toy's out the pram episode coming up,they'll be major hissy fits in 7 days or less,im steering well clear,I can tell you that

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
8 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Look out,another mad thread knicker twist toy's out the pram episode coming up,they'll be major hissy fits in 7 days or less,im steering well clear,I can tell you that

Model thread? Toys out the pram? Fake nooze, fake nooze!:wink:

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely sunny day here, feeling a bit chilly though, 7c.

Getting my supplies in this weekend for the long February freeze thats coming up, you think I'm joking, no joke, I am fully on board now for a very wintry spell of weather in February. Make sure you got milk and bread in, they are usually the first to run out, Marvel dried milk powder can be a good alternative in an emergency. (Disclaimer, I am not and never have been a shareholder in Marvel and have no interest whatsoever in the company) :D:cold::diablo:

• Thanks 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, snowray said:

Marvel dried milk powder...

Make sure the self life is very long ... you could be stuck with it (as opposed top being stuck in snow) :rolleyes:

Posted
19 minutes ago, Weather_Novice said:

Make sure the self life is very long ... you could be stuck with it (as opposed top being stuck in snow) :rolleyes:

lol. I already got some in, see being clever and thinking ahead. Use by date is Feb 2019 so It would be good for next winters freeze ups as well which will get even more frigid and snowy as we enter a grand sunspot minimum in the next few years. Marvel dried milk can also be used in bread making, and before you ask, yes I have my bread making machine so can survive the whole of February and into March if needs be with bread and milk. :laugh:

People will look back at this post in March and marvel, forget the SSW, the PDO, the NAO or the MJO, all them hocus Pocus teleconnections just follow Snowray's February forecast instead, I have been studying the seagulls on the Thames right here from the pier in Erith by the Morrisons and they are flying south, I got just as much chance of getting it right as any of them! ;)

( Disclaimer: I have no shares in Morrisons supermarkets either.):rofl:

images-6.jpg

solar-cycle-sunspot-number3.png

images-8.jpg

Edited by snowray

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowray said:

lol. I already got some in, see being clever and thinking ahead. Use by date is Feb 2019 so It would be good for next winters freeze ups as well which will get even more frigid and snowy as we enter a grand sunspot minimum in the next few years. Marvel dried milk can also be used in bread making, and before you ask, yes I have my bread making machine so can survive the whole of February and into March if needs be with bread and milk. :laugh:

People will look back at this post in March and marvel, forget the SSW, the PDO, the NAO or the MJO, all them hocus Pocus teleconnections just follow Snowray's February forecast instead, I have been studying the seagulls on the Thames right here from the pier in Erith by the Morrisons, I got just as much chance of getting it right as any of them! ;)

( Disclaimer: I have no shares in Morrisons supermarkets either.):rofl:

images-6.jpg

solar-cycle-sunspot-number3.png

images-8.jpg

i am having a BBQ in the spring warmth at the moment, chicken wigs any one

Posted
9 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i am having a BBQ in the spring warmth at the moment, chicken wigs any one

Love chicken wigs, but I wouldn't mind a bit of BBQed peasant, did you not have some of them the other day? If not I can bring along a few peasants to BBQ, and some roasting chavy too, cooked slowly on a spit with the old apple in the gob, mmm yummy.:laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, snowray said:

Love chicken wigs, but I wouldn't mind a bit of BBQed peasant, did you not have some of them the other day? If not I can bring along a few peasants to BBQ, and some roasting chavy too, cooked slowly on a spit with the old apple in the gob, mmm yummy.:laugh:

for god sake chicken wigs:doh::fool::rofl: lol i had roast peasant last weekend:oops:

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

for god sake chicken wigs:doh::fool::rofl: lol i had roast peasant last weekend:oops:

Ohhhh, ok that sounds nice, with bbq sauce yh. Oh, was it a locally sourced organic peasant, IE from Kilburn?:crazy:

Edited by snowray

Posted
3 hours ago, snowray said:

Lovely sunny day here, feeling a bit chilly though, 7c.

Getting my supplies in this weekend for the long February freeze thats coming up, you think I'm joking, no joke, I am fully on board now for a very wintry spell of weather in February. Make sure you got milk and bread in, they are usually the first to run out, Marvel dried milk powder can be a good alternative in an emergency. (Disclaimer, I am not and never have been a shareholder in Marvel and have no interest whatsoever in the company) :D:cold::diablo:

Just went into garden, bit of fog around, bit damp, no breeze, not terribly cold.

People always laugh at me for having extra tins of soup, dried milk, tinned veg, etc on hand, but very handy in the bad weather, also used to find those part baked baguettes good, you can just keep them in the freezer.its also good to keep a few tins of fruit on hand. And potatoes can keep for ages also cheese in the freezer, have extra butter sread in the fridge. don't forget loo rolls, etc. and you're sorted for the freeze. oh and pet food.

• Thanks 1