Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
8 minutes ago, john mac said:

Epping new road not gritted. Snow all over it

Epping new road is never gritted! The council would rather pay out for accidents than grit. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Not even the chance of evaporated cooling down here, wind has now got a gust on, SE wind. Only between 28-30 mph though.

This lot I just had was down to evap cooling I think, finally caught one of the blobs. Everything turned white but its stopped now and looks like drizzle again. Will be all gone in a blink. Back to sleep then.:lazy:

Edited by snowray

Posted
17 minutes ago, snowray said:

Still heavy snow, cars all covered. Met Office got this completely wrong for around the SE.

UK MetO got this snow forecast completely wrong for most of the lower elevated regions in the SE. The French MetO got this snow forecast 100% correct for the lower elevated regions

• Like 2

Posted

Heavy snow falling in ipswich

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,snow+gales

Still snowing here and just 0.3 above freezing shame it won't last but much better than the last few years 

Posted

I think the milder air is beginning to creep in.  Temp has gone up from 2.0C to 2.5C in the last 30 minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Snow settled on most surfaces in Chingford, we have about a cm or 2. Stopped now and will likely thaw quite rapidly this afternoon as that milder air moves in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Was rather still compared to now half hour ago, may be a squeeze starting in the isobars, here.

Posted

Heavy snow sittingbourne, not laying however nice to see. Still lots on the radar to come this way however. What’s people’s thoughts after dark and temps drop a little? More snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

gone from heavy snow to nothing to drizzle, nice to see some falling snow. Now when does it thunder next?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow
25 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Not a single flake, still dry apart from the damp ground from the frost thaw :nonono:

Where r u bud

Posted
1 minute ago, jright35 said:

Heavy snow sittingbourne, not laying however nice to see. Still lots on the radar to come this way however. What’s people’s thoughts after dark and temps drop a little? More snow?

Temps are sadly rising - Temperatures will be well above zero by the time dusk hits and then continue to rise through the first part of the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,snow+gales
1 minute ago, jright35 said:

Sadly temps be on the rise soon so enjoy the white stuff while you can 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Still falling as snow here! Not quite enough for the sledge sadly

image.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Cant believe our winters have come to this,peeing your pants cos there's a snowflake,or a 1-2hr snowfall,before milder mush rolls in,diabolical so far,nearly 5 yrs without a meaningful snow fest

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, snowrye said:

Cant believe our winters have come to this,peeing your pants cos there's a snowflake,or a 1-2hr snowfall,before milder mush rolls in,diabolical so far,nearly 5 yrs without a meaningful snow fest

Sad state of affairs I know but I have a very good feeling about February.  Let's review in one month...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Paul the snow came for a few minutes but I have been struggling to download the images due to having a slow uncooperative laptop computer and I have been getting distracted by my upstairs neighbour maisonette flat playing the most annoying very loud music which has sent me :wallbash:.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
2 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

A couple of miles from you we have been in and out of heavier bursts of snow then back to rain, then sleet, then snow and back again. Rainy sleet at present, nothing settling. Not sure if we will make it to Kingston for my son's milkshake looking at the radar which suggests we are in for the wet stuff for the rest of the day. 

Yes it was the same here , it did occasionally transition to All snow but has now been all rain for an hour or so it never looked like settling at anytime however, chessington must be ever so slightly more elevated as I’ve known it a few times to be snowing in chessington but raining in surbiton, anyway today I see as a bonus as I was expecting nothing , My 2 and 5 year old enjoyed the walk in the snow to our local cafe , however they did not enjoy the walk in the rain back .

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Couple of hours snow, heavy at times, resulting in this pile up... actually it was still only a smidge over grass, furniture and conservatory roof. 

Can’t upload photos again ? getting the same error message I got a few months ago that Paul said had been fixed. Anyone else getting it? A -200 problem uploading error.