Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Uppers too high right now, will be dropping after 9pm.

18011618_1612.gif

18011621_1612.gif

18011700_1612-1.gif

18011703_1612.gif

Posted
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
  • Weather Preferences: Snow November to March. Heat and sun late April to early October
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east

Thames snow shield in full effect?

Screenshot_20180116-181550.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow November to March. Heat and sun late April to early October
1 minute ago, PurpleButterfly said:

Can confirm we have sleep here

Who? Your baby??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Dew points still too high as well, will be ideal after 9pm, The Chilterns and Kent Alps could be white by the morning, see its all about ALTITUDE..........Not Attitude.:oops::laugh:

18011618_1612.gif

18011700_1612.gif

18011706_1612.gif

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

was dry here after a wild morning, not feeling too cold either, will the easterly make it to the UK or put its feet up once it reaches germany as per usual

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

meanwhile in Beddy ;

wotnosnow.png

• Like 1

Posted

BBC weather girl just said there might be a dusting on higher ground in the SE by morning!!!:help::help::help::clapping::cold::shok::drinks::crazy:

:gathering::laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

:wallbash:  Missing out again in the Chilterns....up to an hour ago, the forecast was 90 percent for heavy snow tonight...now only 50 percent for a light dusting. Looking on the radar, its gone past us to the south . Showers on the radar seem to always split above and below us on radar runs..

Edited by Ravendane

7 minutes ago, Ravendane said:

:wallbash:  Missing out again in the Chilterns....up to an hour ago, the forecast was 90 percent for heavy snow tonight...now only 50 percent for a light dusting. Looking on the radar, its gone past us to the south . Showers on the radar seem to always split above and below us on radar runs..

Just a little keep the faith although small, most high RES models I've looked at today have most showers between about 9pm tonight to 6am tomorrow morning before dyeing out 

• Like 1

Arrived home here in the hills just an hour ago to be greeted by rain & 3.7c

now just an hour later temp down to 1.8c so a stark drop- will keep one on the radar tonight....

Probs 1-3-1.5c up at west kings down so that’s snow temp already!

• Like 1

Posted

with  the weather warning and the advance warning that they could shut the main bridge over   the A14 in ipswich  with roads  works on norwich road,nacton  road ipswich  could be a no go area   !!

Posted
1 hour ago, Danny* said:

Given how utterly quiet it is in here, I'm assuming not a lot of interest is falling from "the blob". It's just to the South of me

Doppler radar suggests its largely falling as wet snow lighter precip rain. Actually sleet instead of wet snow.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

So there we have it, the easterly has completely disappeared from the 12z ECM, the consensus on the MAD thread is-

More runs needed!:doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 minutes ago, snowray said:
34 minutes ago, snowray said:

BBC weather girl just said there might be a dusting on higher ground in the SE by morning!!!:help::help::help::clapping::cold::shok::drinks::crazy:

:gathering::laugh:

So there we have it, the easterly has completely disappeared from the 12z ECM, the consensus on the MAD thread is-

Cue 1000 posts in the SE thread tonight:rofl: I'm convinced the easterly will return and show up in all the models......maybe

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowray said:

Till the of time itself will more runs be needed. :cray: 

Looking at Euro4 all good for all snow overnight perhaps even accumulating to low levels. 

• Like 2

Posted

Next week looks unsettled and potentially stormy again mid week.. right? Followed by a settled period with high pressure building in from the south-west?

Posted
1 hour ago, Ravendane said:

Didn’t the chilterns get snow in December ?!

Posted
2 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

Didn’t the chilterns get snow in December ?!

Yup.

Did well in my location as well, although on the flip side, if it doesn't snow here for the rest of the winter, I'll be quite happy.

Had enough problems in the few days we had lying snow to last me this year already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
49 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Till the of time itself will more runs be needed. :cray: 

Looking at Euro4 all good for all snow overnight perhaps even accumulating to low levels. 

Snow in the south east ?? Tonight ??? I’m f not what day??? You’ve made me excites

Posted
10 minutes ago, Bogman said:

Yup.

Did well in my location as well, although on the flip side, if it doesn't snow here for the rest of the winter, I'll be quite happy.

Had enough problems in the few days we had lying snow to last me this year already.

That’s what frustrates when people who recently got snow moan about missing out again when some of us have had no settling snow this winter... it’s like a slap in the face for the rest of us ....lol