Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
8 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Beautiful morning,bit breezy but i'll take it,roll on spring,soz guy's,but im fed up with this so called winter,absolute pants in my opinion,our winter's have changed dramatically in the last few years

i completely agree, we obviously live very close to each other but its been such a dire winter with not much excitement. I do admit that the little bit of snow that we did have was a little exiting but all its done is rain and be overcast which is very depressing. when its like that it completely bums me out no wonder why people get so depressed  .When  its raining and windy you cant do as much and get stuck in the house more. I do believe the weather plays a huge part in our daily lives and how we function. At least today has brought us some sun  which is lovely to see, makes you feel better when you get up :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Temp already up to 6c in London, at 10am. Rain in NW England so far, even Glasgow still showing rain, N Ireland has heavy snow and N Scotland showing snow, surprise surprise. (From Met site):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
4 minutes ago, snowray said:

Temp already up to 6c in London, at 10am. Rain in NW England so far, even Glasgow still showing rain, N Ireland has heavy snow and N Scotland showing snow, surprise surprise. (From Met site):)

Yes - Glasgow city centre is a slush fest yet most places 5 miles away to the North, South, East and West have snow on the ground. 

I live 7 miles South of Glasgow City Centre and have a couple of inches so far. (see attached) 

Looks like you could be joining the fun in the near future going by the latest charts - Easterly might be on the table! 

Look forward to seeing some snow pictures in this thread before Winter is over! :cold:

465E3CF5-D7BC-4BC6-8B20-0C309DF6E966.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It is a beautiful sunny and warm day in South Ockendon.  The temperature at 11:15 am is 7.1 °C .  The barometer pressure is rising slowly at 0.3 mb per hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
36 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Yes - Glasgow city centre is a slush fest yet most places 5 miles away to the North, South, East and West have snow on the ground. 

I live 7 miles South of Glasgow City Centre and have a couple of inches so far. (see attached) 

Looks like you could be joining the fun in the near future going by the latest charts - Easterly might be on the table! 

Look forward to seeing some snow pictures in this thread before Winter is over! :cold:

465E3CF5-D7BC-4BC6-8B20-0C309DF6E966.png

Nice pic, your doing really well where you are. And its only just started, keep posting them pics, you have a fair bit of snow to come including a dump from Thurs low.

Easterly? Oh dont make me laff!:laugh::D

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, trumpage said:

According to met office snow is forecast for the Chiltern hills tonight.  Might only be a dusting but could wake up to a light covering in the morning.

Screenshot (45).png

Screenshot (46).png

Could well see a covering. Hefty snow showers being modelled. Hit and miss however.

11239A72-484A-4845-A915-DE02A4AA9FE1.thumb.png.7c0492f98eba774eb9e35561579c32f4.pngCED47977-F4F5-4738-B27C-F53075E54430.thumb.png.83551f73496a5a45332935cc35af958e.png

Posted
1 hour ago, snowray said:

Nice pic, your doing really well where you are. And its only just started, keep posting them pics, you have a fair bit of snow to come including a dump from Thurs low.

Easterly? Oh dont make me laff!:laugh::D

Don’t post them in here, it just exacerbates the agony. :rofl:

five years precisely it will be next week since I’ve seen a covering that’s appalling must be the worst in the region? 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 hours ago, PLANET THANET said:

not to bad at the moment in there. but there are some who are doubting the coming of the "easterley", as they say in the mad thread "we need more runs", must have been visiting it to often as I am beginning to speak like them now, very sad !!! :rofl:

It's another bite of the cherry at a chart that screams potential:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I for one aren't too excited about an Easterly, it feels like we've been chasing this Easterly since about Mid-December. 

Chance of a few snow showers through this afternoon, very much a radar watching day for us down here. Clouds have that "snow like" tinge to them, they're just not thick enough at the moment to produce anything.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
21 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

It's another bite of the cherry at a chart that screams potential:rofl:

And we all know why that is, lass...The building blocks are in place!:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Currently, it's dry and mostly sunny with a 24mph westerly wind - temp of 6C. I wouldn't rule out waking to a wee dusting, first thing tomorrow afternoon morning!:D

PS: Where have all the fonts gone?

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
29 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

And we all know why that is, lass...The building blocks are in place!:good:

for it to be cold, you've have to get the cold in first:cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

This northwesterly must be pretty strong quite windy here, often get nothing but a small breeze in a north westerly, sheltered by the downs. No showers reaching this corner though as normal from this direction.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Ah chin up guys!

We still have a good 6 weeks of prime time for our snow chances (not including March) I'm not saying we will get any but the possibility is certainly there, as it always is this time of year in Mid Winter.

It's been 5 years since I had any laying snow in Sussex, if anything I see that as increasing my chances of getting some this winter, just due to law of averages. Like if you roll a dice, eventually you roll a 6.

The other thing I will be doing is driving to the snow up north if they have good amount in next few days/weeks, nice road trip with the kids and a night in a hotel somewhere be good family weekend away :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Today was like days I remember as a kid, hopeful for one of those isolated showers, lots of dirty cloud around but nothing. If you'll looking for desperate, I remember getting up early one saturday because there was talk of snow showers, and I missed it - the fence was wet and all but it was only snow shower that year and I missed it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Given how utterly quiet it is in here, I'm assuming not a lot of interest is falling from "the blob". It's just to the South of me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Everything is breaking up before it gets to me.:whistling:

Posted

Just to the south of me too, mainly sleety rain though anyway. Might get something better a bit later on.

Just checked....Euro4 is out and looking good.:yahoo::drunk:

18011700_1612.gif

18011706_1612.gif