Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Cleared here to a sunny finish, still a bit of breeze but no overly cold.

Posted

As with @Blessed Weather @Daniel* and @DonnaThw there has been a beautiful end of day appearance by the sun very low in the sky. At first I was thinking 'red sky at night'... Then on second look, the clouds were building into towering cauliflowers with lovely red, pink and orange light across them. One couldn't help wondering, and hoping, hmmm, convective looking clouds, the weather models not really seeming able to call the next 48 hours, snow forecast around the UK, could they be a sign...? And then my son got in the car and it was a quick return to reality:oops:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

By the time the sun came out, it was very weak and only lasted for a few minutes.  It then clouded over and then it has been raining steadily for over two hours.  The temperature now at 18:20 with humidity at 98%. The barometer is rising at  1.0 mb/hour.

Posted
31 minutes ago, Surrey said:

So southward corrections let's see what happens next regarding the storm for the middle of the week... Tomorrow will definitely be interesting with any showers that do pep up.. 

Here is the Arpege take on it 

gustkph_063.thumb.jpg.d512a0752a419490dc747725efb20279.jpg

:bomb:

bbc  lookeast  weather  winds poss 50 , 60or even 70  mph  could  fun!!! geting about

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

At least there was weather today and finally some sunshine later on.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

is winter back on?

No it’s just a rumour or you’re dreaming in which case ‘WAKE UP’ it’s all a lies!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, bluebell said:

No it’s just a rumour or you’re dreaming in which case ‘WAKE UP’ it’s all a lies!! 

damn it was a dream as i thought an easterly wind with -20 uppers was arriving next week with frequent blizzards 1963 style:fool:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

damn it was a dream as i thought an easterly wind with -20 uppers was arriving next week with frequent blizzards 1963 style:fool:

Quick go back to sleep and you might be able to go back and resume where you left off. :cold:

Posted
1 minute ago, bluebell said:

Quick go back to sleep and you might be able to go back and resume where you left off. :cold:

i was building a 20 foot high snowman and there was still plenty of snow to go round:crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

8c on Weds and 10c on Thus for London on the BBC, what cold spell?:doh::laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

I am so confused (I know not hard?) when is this wind event supposed to be happening?? Is it this week or have I got confused again???? I’ve been looking at BBC forecast and the wind is around 22 mph not much but when I look on the mod thread there are supposed to be crazy wind speeds. Am I going dooolallllllyyyyy (be kind) :crazy::crazy::fool:

Posted

Wind event is overnight in the early hours of Thursday morning, so strap the bins down :D 

Info on the strength and track of the storm is still updating and will be until Wednesday itself, I'm not sure but think that 22mph by the BBC is their progged average wind speed so doesn't include gust speeds! Right now it looks to be a windy night but nothing we're not used to when it's stormy although gusts could make it sound a bit crazy noisy at times.

Don't pay too much attention to the dramatic posts in the mad Mod thread about the wind, you are better off following what is said in here for realistic info and there is a dedicated thread for these winds over in the Storm Discussion section. 

Posted
4 hours ago, snowray said:

8c on Weds and 10c on Thus for London on the BBC, what cold spell?:doh::laugh:

I just saw that, just normal or slightly above normal temperatures and rain, can't even be called a cool spell.:rofl:

Edited by lassie23

Posted

dark skies, gusty winds, heavy hail and cold......what a load of cack!

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted

nice and clear here. get in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Sunny here now after early showers, feeling chilly in a brisk W’ly breeze though it is 6C, not overly cold. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I just saw that, just normal or slightly above normal temperatures and rain, can't even be called a cool spell.:rofl:

I know, its like we get to November, and it just stays November until Spring.:doh:

I think they are way out with them temps, should get a few wintry showers at least in the next few days....Surely!

Posted

I have not even dared look in on the MAD thread today, easterly showing on ECM 00z, be gone by the 12z of course but it will be pandemonium in there no doubt. :crazy::unsure2::laugh:

ECM1-216.gif

• Like 1

Posted

Wind was a bit chilly, but not bitter. No frost either. No cloud. 

If you find that boring take comfort that I've bored myself silly writing it.:closedeyes:

Posted
18 minutes ago, snowray said:

I have not even dared look in on the MAD thread today, easterly showing on ECM 00z, be gone by the 12z of course but it will be pandemonium in there no doubt. :crazy::unsure2::laugh:

ECM1-216.gif

not to bad at the moment in there. but there are some who are doubting the coming of the "easterley", as they say in the mad thread "we need more runs", must have been visiting it to often as I am beginning to speak like them now, very sad !!! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Beautiful morning,bit breezy but i'll take it,roll on spring,soz guy's,but im fed up with this so called winter,absolute pants in my opinion,our winter's have changed dramatically in the last few years

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

not to bad at the moment in there. but there are some who are doubting the coming of the "easterley", as they say in the mad thread "we need more runs", must have been visiting it to often as I am beginning to speak like them now, very sad !!! :rofl:

HA! Yh same here, even when I'm not commenting I'm still reading it, bad, bad hobby this. Got to find something more........SENSIBLE for next winter!:crazy:

Thank heavens it don't cost my nothing.:laugh:

• Like 2