Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

No thanks, hate slush, nothing about it to enjoy whatsoever. And if it freezes...very dangerous. A proper easterly with ice days would be amazing though, no drip drip drip and lots more fun. I wouldn’t be surprised if late January or February delivers something decent, agree with you there.

I totally agree. Looking at the latest strat forecasts, I think our best shout is late Jan / early Feb. A classic easterly then would be perfect!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, snowray said:

Probably the mildest Scandi high ever, no surface cold from continent at all.:angry:

Pathetic, isn’t it. Dull and damp! 

• Like 1

Posted

Orientation wrongs,needs to be lot further North if you cold uppers,maybe after next week your get your wish,for one day at least:gathering:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Anyone else really excited for next weeks drab fest,no,me neither ha ha ha

Posted

Anyone hoping for snow on the ground here next week, forget it. You’re best off heading to the Pennines. It looks very average for our neck of the woods for the foreseeable. We ‘may’ get something more exciting at the end of January, but many pieces of the jigsaw have to fall into place. 

Posted

I would like to add the fact that daffodils are out and flowering already,knocker will be impressed

• Like 1

Posted

Bit miserable today, both me and the weather, one of my birds died and it was one I had jointly with Southernman who used to post here before his death, so i feel like another link with Southernman is gone now, still i like to think that wherever he is, he now has that bird perched happily on his arm.:cold:

Posted

Ah man,sorry for your loss

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
50 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Bit miserable today, both me and the weather, one of my birds died and it was one I had jointly with Southernman who used to post here before his death, so i feel like another link with Southernman is gone now, still i like to think that wherever he is, he now has that bird perched happily on his arm.:cold:

Sorry to hear this, what caused the bird's death.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
4 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Just popping into say dont give up hope peepes, Helen Willetts talking of snow into the south next week.

Stay tuned..

yes that's what i just saw too

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
7 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Just popping into say dont give up hope peepes, Helen Willetts talking of snow into the south next week.

Stay tuned..

Thanks for your morale boosting message, it’s all a bit agonising for us snow addicts south of Watford gap! Still if it doesn’t work out for us I have my annual winter mountaineering trip to the Scottish highlands mid Feb... knowing my luck it’ll all be melting by then with early spring on the way!!:fool:

• Thanks 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

MWB Just posted this in the Mad thread .

Many many ECM ensembles take the runner low even further south - increasingly the risk of an M4 SOUTH event  :D

Yes backs up my post.. :) hopefully suprises will pop up...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Fat chance, that runner will be rain down here even if its further south, need a small miracle. ECM 12z not as cold too.:doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
1 hour ago, JennyJane1 said:

That’s sad news jj1, especially with the connection. The crap weather doesn’t help your resilience to cope with tough times like this. I hope you have friends around you to talk to and share your thoughts with. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, bluebell said:

That’s sad news jj1, especially with the connection. The crap weather doesn’t help your resilience to cope with tough times like this. I hope you have friends around you to talk to and share your thoughts with. 

Thank you, i have good friends right here on netweather. :)

• Thanks 1