Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, snowray said:

GFS 12z showing more of a NWly flow and slightly colder uppers, lots of wintry showers moving in from the west. So a higher chance of seeing a few flakes then, or another wild goose chase? :D

gfs-2-132.png

I’d say a fair chance of many of us seeing wintry showers from that chart. Maybe even thundery convection, which would be exciting, but the clear air and likely sunshine would be enough for me. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
20 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

I’d say a fair chance of many of us seeing wintry showers from that chart. Maybe even thundery convection, which would be exciting, but the clear air and likely sunshine would be enough for me. 

London ens. Just posted these on the MAD thread, looking very promising, good agreement for a week of uppers around -5 hpa.

graphe_ens3.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
15 minutes ago, snowray said:

London ens. Just posted these on the MAD thread, looking very promising, good agreement for a week of uppers around -5 hpa.

graphe_ens3.gif

That will be enough for wintry precipitation to fall here. Don’t think it’ll be cold enough for anything to settle for any length of time though, but if we get some thundery wintry showers, it’d be quite exciting. Plus the air will be very clean/clear. 

• Like 1

Posted

i just  wisper this  bbc weather  girl  just said it going to get a bit wintry  after  monday!!!

Edited by tinybill
  • Like 1

Posted

The cold front will follow the rain band on the Monday 15th Jan, so wintry showers could be of ❄❄ on Tuesday 16th Jan. It will feel very bitter in the NW wind flow 

Edited by yamkin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Keeping an eye on model thread, someone just it could be the coldest bit of weather we have had In years. Here’s hoping:yahoo::clapping:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
48 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Keeping an eye on model thread, someone just it could be the coldest bit of weather we have had In years. Here’s hoping:yahoo::clapping:

Well compared to just the 00z runs we have seen things develop into something somewhat colder, it could go either way still but certainly some wintry showers next week, maybe heavy in a few lucky places places, chance a more organised band of snow around D8/9/10. Worth following the output for further upgrades, or downgrades of course to this. I mean it looked as if we were out of it here in the SE and purely a N & NW event, just goes to show how quickly things can change. :D

• Like 1

Posted

Wait, what is that strange elusive yellow ball in the sky? Do my eyes deceive me, could it be the sun? Some dense fog patches along the A12 this morning, but it’s lifting and their is indeed some sunshine :yahoo: 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Whoopee!! After an eternity of dull, drizzly weather the cloud is finally breaking over East Anglia and there's some sunshine about!

5a58888a0e675_Cloud12Jan09_55.thumb.jpg.dbe5b3699cb9cba1ec21566992cfdb82.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Dull and dreary again here, so bored of cloud :lazy:

Posted
26 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

it might snow next week:santa-emoji:

In Scotland?

Posted
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

Whoopee!! After an eternity of dull, drizzly weather the cloud is finally breaking over East Anglia and there's some sunshine about!

5a58888a0e675_Cloud12Jan09_55.thumb.jpg.dbe5b3699cb9cba1ec21566992cfdb82.jpg

You’re lucky we had some sunny breaks on 10th ever since cloud followed by more cloud. :nonono:

looking forward to next week even though I’m not expecting a great deal falling snow I’m expecting whether it settles will have to rely on runners and streamers IMO. 

I see GFS 06z gives a snow event north of London midweek..

E0F2F419-2398-4D50-91B5-50F9D46E9891.thumb.png.2568e4653c4ea0cca0b9103c8f639dad.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

In Scotland?

Always here in Scotland mate - best place for snow! :snowman-emoji:

If a potent Easterly arrives at some point this Winter/Early Spring you will get lots of snow - it is surely only a matter of time.

Plus I get extremely jealous of the glorious Summer weather you ladies and gents get nearly every year while it is 15 degrees and cloudy up here! :rofl:

All the best for the rest of Winter - hope you all get a snow fix soon. 

• Like 7

Posted

Broken sunshine here on the Sunshine Coast in Essex. Hopefully that's the last of the gloom for a while.

• Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Always here in Scotland mate - best place for snow! :snowman-emoji:

If a potent Easterly arrives at some point this Winter/Early Spring you will get lots of snow - it is surely only a matter of time.

Plus I get extremely jealous of the glorious Summer weather you ladies and gents get nearly every year while it is 15 degrees and cloudy up here! :rofl:

All the best for the rest of Winter - hope you all get a snow fix soon. 

It is indeed, I hope Scotland gets plastered with snow :D

Snow down here is only worth it imho when we get a proper easterly with ice days. Rare but memorable. Otherwise it just turns to slush and is highly annoying. Still plenty of time for that to happen, this winter, we live in hope! I do feel for you in summer, Scotland has had to endure some absolutely horrendous ‘summer’ conditions in recent years. Hopefully a much warmer and sunnier summer this year.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 3

Posted
50 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

It is indeed, I hope Scotland gets plastered with snow :D

Snow down here is only worth it imho when we get a proper easterly with ice days. Rare but memorable. Otherwise it just turns to slush and is highly annoying. Still plenty of time for that to happen, this winter, we live in hope! I do feel for you in summer, Scotland has had to endure some absolutely horrendous ‘summer’ conditions in recent years. Hopefully a much warmer and sunnier summer this year.

Tut Scotland has had more than enough, :wink: sharing is caring ... I’m fine with slush we’ve fallen to depravity.

Posted

Not much expected here next week regarding snow,it’s what happens next that may give us proper winter weather.

Hopefully the models will continue to show winds coming from the NE in their latter output,at the moment they don’t last long before the Westerly returns,but hopefully that will change when fl comes in to the reliable time-frame.

I would not put money on it becoming deep crisp and even down in the SE..yet

Posted
24 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Tut Scotland has had more than enough, :wink: sharing is caring ... I’m fine with slush we’ve fallen to depravity.

You can keep the slush, vile and unnecessary. Nice, powdery, fluffy snow though....

Posted
9 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

You can keep the slush, vile and unnecessary. Nice, powdery, fluffy snow though....

Laying snow is better than no snow.. you have to take what you get in these times. However, late January onwards looks to be more of a greater chance of proper snow for our region. 

Posted

Funny how I was mocked in here a week ago when I said we wouldn’t see any severe frosts or proper cold. We’re yet to see a ground frost this week with it currently raining at 7c. Next week is also looking pretty pathetic down here!

Edited by CK1981
  • Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Laying snow is better than no snow.. you have to take what you get in these times. However, late January onwards looks to be more of a greater chance of proper snow for our region. 

No thanks, hate slush, nothing about it to enjoy whatsoever. And if it freezes...very dangerous. A proper easterly with ice days would be amazing though, no drip drip drip and lots more fun. I wouldn’t be surprised if late January or February delivers something decent, agree with you there.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

Funny how I was mocked in here a week ago when I said we wouldn’t see any severe frosts or proper cold. We’re yet to see a ground frost this week with it currently raining at 7c. Next week is also looking pretty pathetic down here!

Probably the mildest Scandi high ever, no surface cold from continent at all.:angry:

• Like 1