Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
2 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Don't know, I'm still quite worried about my trip on Wednesday/Thursday to London then Guildford. So don't want anything to go wrong for my daughter's audition. Which probably means it's gonna snow and we can't get there.

I wouldn’t worry if it’s cold it will likely be dry. Audition for X factor? :D Oh yeah that tripe is not long over, thank heavens can’t be that early. 

UKMO this morning has grabbed my attention would be very cold and colder still further ahead I’ll envisage.

0ACA22DF-05A9-4AD6-B8D7-5B92DFCE606E.thumb.jpeg.24f62d92c786e4c03c8bacab2e6c8687.jpeg

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Posted

Morning all,

Colder than forecasted currently 1C a low of 3C was expected in London watching the beeb forecast not that surprised with us now in a light continental flow. Perhaps later in the day and overnight some wintry showers?

A27604D2-6687-487F-908D-FFB96CAF9DE7.thumb.png.454ffa59e52f0019bdbdb42b5e30dacb.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
6 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Don't know, I'm still quite worried about my trip on Wednesday/Thursday to London then Guildford. So don't want anything to go wrong for my daughter's audition. Which probably means it's gonna snow and we can't get there.

Il stick my neck out and say you’ll make it there just fine and you won’t get more than a couple of snow flakes if your very very lucky ? , hope your daughters audition goes well. 

• Like 1

Posted

I have not seen this very often.. Radar shows showers off Sussex coast moving SW... Showers little further out in channel still heading NE.. The few in the middle not knowing which way to go lol.. Quite a mark contrast in sudden wind change.. Sorry its bit early for silly trivia.. I get my coat (think I'll need it now the wind has changed) :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Why is everyone talking about possibly snow next week? Not one of my weather apps show cold temps infact 6-8c for Norfolk all next week! And beyond!

Edited by slater

Posted
2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Morning all,

Colder than forecasted currently 1C a low of 3C was expected in London watching the beeb forecast not that surprised with us now in a light continental flow. Perhaps later in the day and overnight some wintry showers?

A27604D2-6687-487F-908D-FFB96CAF9DE7.thumb.png.454ffa59e52f0019bdbdb42b5e30dacb.png

Colder than expected here too. Got down to -1.3. still below freezing now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow
12 hours ago, Snowflake Queen said:

What’s a honest response ?? Everyone on here gives their honest opinion... not sure what your asking really ... and giving a time frame of next couple of weeks is silly .. moment 2 moment and enjoy the ride ! We are lucky in here we have some fabulous informative members 

OMG.... calm down.  Remind me not to ask a question in future.  Jeez..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whereisthesnow? said:

OMG.... calm down.  Remind me not to ask a question in future.  Jeez..

Completely calm thanks   :rolleyes:    Just putting it out there that our fabulous members don’t have crystal balls ( well some might ) and giving a random quote of ( next few weeks ) forecast  is not easy to predict.... have a wonderful day :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I would say that the retail organizations are thinking we aren't going to get any real bad weather this year now, judging that they are doing 70% sales on their winter lines and getting their spring stuff in. 

It didn't feel too cold actually out of swimming yesterday, biggest surprise was all the crimbo decorations still up in beddy, even our village tree still has lights on, even houses still have trees and lights flashing. Quite depressing. 

Can feel it's cooler today, that wind :cold:

Going to buy spring candles, pastels are in this year.:air_kiss:

Posted
7 hours ago, Daniel* said:

I wouldn’t worry if it’s cold it will likely be dry. Audition for X factor? :D Oh yeah that tripe is not long over, thank heavens can’t be that early. 

UKMO this morning has grabbed my attention would be very cold and colder still further ahead I’ll envisage.

0ACA22DF-05A9-4AD6-B8D7-5B92DFCE606E.thumb.jpeg.24f62d92c786e4c03c8bacab2e6c8687.jpeg

Apparently, the UKMO is best in easterly scenarios, so there may be something to this. Will be interesting to watch the 12’s roll out to see if this has further support!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 minutes ago, Dami said:

I would say that the retail organizations are thinking we aren't going to get any real bad weather this year now, judging that they are doing 70% sales on their winter lines and getting their spring stuff in. 

It didn't feel too cold actually out of swimming yesterday, biggest surprise was all the crimbo decorations still up in beddy, even our village tree still has lights on, even houses still have trees and lights flashing. Quite depressing. 

Wow already. At least if it looks like it will happen we can buy everything. Sounds like sales were low even though we have had a winter this year.

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Wow already. At least if it looks like it will happen we can buy everything. Sounds like sales were low even though we have had a winter this year.

It wouldn't be me if I hadn't taken advantage, but I think the last 12 months have been frankly ridiculous. Sales were things you looked forward too, but they have been pretty much been never ending. Just goes to show how much over the odds we pay for our clothes and any items really. 

I think winter still have some soul left and not because I can wear a black roller neck under the new seasons dresses.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
51 minutes ago, Dami said:

Yesterday was the 12th day of Christmas, thats why decorations are still up. Today is The Epiphany when they should come down, mine are coming down today.:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
12 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yesterday was the 12th day of Christmas, thats why decorations are still up. Today is The Epiphany when they should come down, mine are coming down today.:D

My wife took down our  decorations on the 1st , what a meany . Quite a overcast day here , hoping the models improve further this afternoon.

Posted

I don't agree but anyway.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

HIRLAM shows rain instead of a Thames Streamer of snow this evening, but then a few flakes here and there tomorrow morning.

hirlam-42-6-0.png

hirlam-42-18-0.png

hirlam-42-19-0.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
3 minutes ago, snowray said:

HIRLAM shows rain instead of a Thames Streamer of snow this evening, but then a few flakes here and there tomorrow morning.

hirlam-42-6-0.png

hirlam-42-18-0.png

hirlam-42-19-0.png

How can it snow when it’s still so warm??

Posted
Just now, DonnaThw said:

How can it snow when it’s still so warm??

Mmmmm who said it would snow then? Not me.....:cc_confused::laugh:

Posted
1 minute ago, snowray said:

Mmmmm who said it would snow then? Not me.....:cc_confused::laugh:

Sorry flakes

Posted
Just now, DonnaThw said:

Sorry flakes

Yh chance of a few flakes or furries here and there, it will be a lot colder by tomorrow morning. Won't amount to much thats for sure but will feel cold in the easterly wind.:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A fresh NE breeze, clear and 5C...So, don't panic about the 'KILLER ARCTIC BLAST' folks. Just make sure that you don't die laughing!:D

Posted

just seen met office weather report for the weekend. they said turning colder tonight and maybe even a chance of some flakes of snow coming in to east Anglia, kent direction. I suppose flakes are better nothing :yahoo::yahoo:trying to be positive

• Like 2