Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 01/01/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

I think the trouble with the TV is that they put it in rather sensational simplistic terms to catch the ear of Mr Simple eating his toast and heading out to the office.

If KG were to come here to give us the detail of her comments she would say that right now there is a large (in her words) bomb cyclone affecting the Eastern U.S states, that huge low pressure is then in the models set to leave the Eastern seaboard and head towards the tip of Greenland. She would then go on to tell you that some models have been showing a Scandi block pushing cold air into the uk and those that have shown a good Scandi block have also shown the U.S trough running into the block and parts of it then sliding across the U.K

Unfortunately Mr Simple would have no clue in hell what Kate was on about and her explanation that makes him raise an eyebrow towards the TV is absolutely hideous to us more knowledgable.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, Southender said:

If you can’t get snow at home, take drastic action like me and head to Iceland!

The stunning Gulfoss waterfall. -11c with a -20 windchill.

D5818A8F-E29F-46B5-B009-8EC0CF545F36.jpeg

Hi Southender. Don't know whether it's a problem my end, but I couldn't get the photo to open. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
4 hours ago, Chris101 said:

If KG were to come here to give us the detail of her comments she would say that right now there is a large (in her words) bomb cyclone

That reminds me of this that landed in my inbox the other day, might be of interest.  https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/what-is-bombogenesis 

Posted

Met office online video forecast suggest flakes of snow possible in SE on Sunday from an approaching front from the south??

Unlikely? 

They have also lowered their temperatures slightly from yesterday. 

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, James Oliver said:

Met office online video forecast suggest flakes of snow possible in SE on Sunday from an approaching front from the south??

Unlikely? 

They have also lowered their temperatures slightly from yesterday. 

No not unlikely been watching it will likely turn back to rain but some temporary wintriness possible.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

No not unlikely been watching it will likely turn back to rain but some temporary wintriness possible.

Anything of any interest? 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Not really. Feeling underwhelmed in general. 

Are we looking at a low developing to the SE of the UK into Wednesday? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Sunday will be a cold and raw day across our region with the strong east. northeast wind digging in. The wind chill will be sub-zero.

Sunday Pressure.png

Edited by Balanced View

19 minutes ago, Whereisthesnow? said:

So.. honest response...what can we expect in the next couple of weeks?

What’s a honest response ?? Everyone on here gives their honest opinion... not sure what your asking really ... and giving a time frame of next couple of weeks is silly .. moment 2 moment and enjoy the ride ! We are lucky in here we have some fabulous informative members 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Not really. Feeling underwhelmed in general. 

Yes Daniel , tell me about it , I shouldn’t but have been well and truly been sucked in by this phantom cold spell , I really should know better but I just had a feeling it would come good this time , oh well one day we will get lucky , I suppose the only saving grace is as @claret047 said the other day in a post at least my return to work on Monday won’t be a nightmare because of deep snow . 

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Not a bad day here today, good to see long periods of sunshine and it was dry with fairly light winds. Video of the USA snow attached, looks like a proper blizzard. Haven’t seen anything like that here for decades!

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Yes Daniel , tell me about it , I shouldn’t but have been well and truly been sucked in by this phantom cold spell , I really should know better but I just had a feeling it would come good this time , oh well one day we will get lucky , I suppose the only saving grace is as @claret047 said the other day in a post at least my return to work on Monday won’t be a nightmare because if deep snow . 

Another saving grace is that it’s early January, still lots of time for a good cold and snowy spell. Hopefully some drier and calmer weather to come, in the meantime.

• Like 1

Posted

Well, the weather Gods have taken the Michael out of us coldies yet again!  Never mind, one day they will be nice to us.........

Edited by Don

Posted
6 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

I had to read that several times lol@me I read it as ...dry with fairy light winds ... I’m clearly away with the fairies  :rofl:

Haha! Don’t talk to this one....definitely windy 

E7EC3CDD-24D4-42DB-BFAD-97892FA322ED.jpeg

Posted

I was hoping i might come back to some snow... so just a biting easterly wind to look forward to on Sunday night in Surrey:)

• Like 1

Posted

So the hunt is still on for our nor’ Easter full of snow...however, eight (long) years ago here in Hawkinge...

FC58A7BE-25AD-45A0-9CF1-712F23D3FB9E.jpeg

76FEB512-B99A-4578-B5CF-969CE1103022.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters

based on the lack of activity in the regional forums, is it safe to assume that any chance of 'more' (i've had **** all) snow are over until next winter??? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

The showers in the Channel are making their presence felt here in East Sussex and with the temperature currently at 6.4c it's feeling distinctly unpleasant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Them showers tomorrow are forming a streamer thats a perfect direction for my area, uppers are good, so are dew points but its showing as rain on the euro4.:cc_confused:

18010706_0518-1.gif

18010706_0518-2.gif

18010706_0518.gif

Posted
1 hour ago, snowray said:

Them showers tomorrow are forming a streamer thats a perfect direction for my area, uppers are good, so are dew points but its showing as rain on the euro4.:cc_confused:

18010706_0518-1.gif

18010706_0518-2.gif

18010706_0518.gif

Peculiar wet bulb temp? I’d expect snow with them parameters given by Euro4.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Yes Daniel , tell me about it , I shouldn’t but have been well and truly been sucked in by this phantom cold spell , I really should know better but I just had a feeling it would come good this time , oh well one day we will get lucky , I suppose the only saving grace is as @claret047 said the other day in a post at least my return to work on Monday won’t be a nightmare because of deep snow . 

Don't know, I'm still quite worried about my trip on Wednesday/Thursday to London then Guildford. So don't want anything to go wrong for my daughter's audition. Which probably means it's gonna snow and we can't get there.

Edited by alexisj9