Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Model output discussion - into 2018

T144 is good. Strong block in place. Finally managed to attach the image!

IMG_0292.PNG

Edited by That ECM

2 minutes ago, That ECM said:

T144 is a goer:D

CMOOOONNNNN!!!!frikkin get in there!!!slide low!!!sliiiddeee!!!

144 blocked but its saggier and alignment looks flaky for bringing in the same cold uppers as the 0z did.

1 minute ago, feb1991blizzard said:

144 blocked but its saggier and alignment looks flaky for bringing in the same cold uppers as the 0z did.

Indeed, the ECM and UKMO are at the tipping point tonight whereby any more progression towards GFS would mean the E'ly will not happen. There is no more slack left in the progression.

Think I’ll pass on this Easterly uppers of about 0-2c  :nonono:where are the Easterlies of years gone by with -10hpa or lower invading from the east with  snow showers piling in on the East. Coast

2 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Indeed, the ECM and UKMO are at the tipping point tonight whereby any more progression towards GFS would mean the E'ly will not happen. There is no more slack left in the progression.

Yes that high has a worrying sag on its south eastern edge.

Just now, CreweCold said:

Yes Unfortunately.

And the good old ecm prevents a mass brawl in the Mod thread. Amen 

B6C71EBE-F332-4214-AE3E-4F6F323A0ABF.thumb.png.c6e72319c84b092a6e69e4a06c1a0319.png

Hemispherically speaking 144z is better than the 0z run, far more ridging to the north. In turn the HP might 'back off' to a degree and undercut possibilities.

Edited by Froze were the Days

7 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

certainly looks like the undercut, says 'up yours' GFS

ECM1-144.GIF?03-0

Not dissimilar to the 168 UKMO this morning

Edited by winterof79

Not bad!

ECM1-168.GIF?03-0

ECM0-168.GIF?03-0

Quite cold at the surface!

2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Better 168 for potential uppers than I thought though, SE component not as bad as it would be end February, obviously synoptically these runs are all corkers lately, they just don't look like packing a punch.

Just now, northwestsnow said:

Marvellous EC !!.

Atlantic kicked into touch.

:)

I thought you were off to work? :D

Seems to have been after the great runs on the oz runs an outbreak of P-E-T!!!Its commonly known as "pre easterly tension" and affects generally males during winter.chill out folks its only weather fgs!!.Anyway after this mornings euphoria imo the outlook is looking ok for s brief flirtation with a easterly be it transient tostart with.The bigger picture is what happens after the atlantic puts the pressure on to the east.my punt will be a good ridge pushing up threw scan for a time then a push south east of the jet

I don't think the nhp is primed for a major outbreak of cold from the east but as tamara ete have mentioned many options going forward