Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion - 09/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
2 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Aside fron the south west this has to be the worst region for snow in the whole of the uk.

Yeah and i’m struggling to think of a worse one than us for decent summer weather as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, iand61 said:

Yeah and i’m struggling to think of a worse one than us for decent summer weather as well.

Lerwick!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Manchester and LBA TAF showing snow later..is the GFS correct after all ?

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

NWS what are the chances Friday? 

Too warm? 

Height needed? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
10 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

At least they get snow!

We get crap all year round, and i mean all year round.

Yeah that’s the point, it’s easier to put up with poor weather when you know that something better is around the corner.

with us us we just never get around the damn corner.

• Like 1

Posted

I've seen snow today at least, over the Disley tops looking out towards Kinder Scout and Bleaklow there was a slight covering. Roads around Holmfirth and Woodhead faired the best-off from last night's precip.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Snow line was around 250m.

Upwards of that got a dumping hence the road closures A6024 & A628.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Come in here for some Boxing Day cheer! Oh nevermind what a depressing read! I'm one of the worst to moan at times but lol it actually made me laugh in the end. Depressing in the summer, depressing in the Winter. If we don't laugh we will all go mad! Merry Christmas Northwesterners, our time will come, surely??? :nea:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & storms. Or very hot. None of this raining when it's sunny rubbish

I was complaining 3 years ago as well :). I'm off to Skegness for a few days tomorrow so you may have a chance if snow. I was there when the rest of the country was basking in a May heatwave 2016 and Lincolnshire was flooded .....

IMG_5152.PNG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Ah too far north for this band tonight. Oh well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Missed all the snow earlier in December as I was on holiday and I said before I left it will probably snow now. Maybe I should go away again and let you all have some snow. Haha

• Thanks 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Come in here for some Boxing Day cheer! Oh nevermind what a depressing read! I'm one of the worst to moan at times but lol it actually made me laugh in the end. Depressing in the summer, depressing in the Winter. If we don't laugh we will all go mad! Merry Christmas Northwesterners, our time will come, surely??? :nea:

Boxing Day cheer no such thing it's just people full of turkey and people with  hangovers and lack of snow doesn't help ??? 

not me though I haven't touched a drop so no hangover for me ... said no one ever :drunk-emoji: 

Posted
Just now, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

All too close again

Who needs snow when you have Baileys :drunk-emoji:

Posted

I always find it crazy how much more snow Leeds gets than most of the North West, you'd think the snow levels would be similar, even tonight it looks like the front will bypass the North West but creep into Yorkshire.  I think the warming effects of the north sea impact snow levels across the whole of the North West, the pennines act as a buffer. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

I always find it crazy how much more snow Leeds gets than most of the North West, you'd think the snow levels would be similar, even tonight it looks like the front will bypass the North West but creep into Yorkshire.  I think the warming effects of the north sea impact snow levels across the whole of the North West, the pennines act as a buffer. 

irish sea.

yes the front is pivoting, far se of this region may see some sleet/drizzle.

Posted
1 hour ago, Spah1 said:

NWS what are the chances Friday? 

Too warm? 

Height needed? 

Not sure yet Spah- will have a better idea this time tomorrow- at this stage altitude will play a part , again..

As cheese rice mentioned , the irish sea is an absolute killer for us, esp nearer the coast you go,#.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Already further north than forecast,reports of snow in Stoke,and the Rain Today radar is

Showing PPN knocking on the door of South Cheshire.

C.S. 

Posted
1 hour ago, northwestsnow said:

Aside fron the south west this has to be the worst region for snow in the whole of the uk.

Absolutely not however coastal NW England probably has weather to that of Cornwall climate, minus the sunshine. With cold moderated by relatively warm waters. The times I’ve seen you folk not all of you, get snow and sweet all down south! The SE of England is among the most snowless regions, the extreme South West is even worse. I don’t think there is a perfect location for snow, but somewhere high up in the center of Scotland good snow is a guarantee. You folks tend to do best with the frontal stuff coming in off Atlantic with clash between cold and mild and PM airstreams.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
11 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

One thing I've noticed is that the snow line often seems lower on this side of the Pennines. It could be snowing where I live at 86m asl but raining at 200m asl in Lancashire.

But we've missed the snow so far this season, so we're all in the same boat thus far. Everything too far bloody south. :wallbash:

Oh, and hasn't York gone like 4 years without settling snow? I think the last time they got any was January 2013. They are very low elevation, and since many snow events post-2013 have been very marginal, they've missed out.

Edited by cheese

Posted
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

Absolutely not however coastal NW England probably has weather to that of Cornwall climate, minus the sunshine. With cold moderated by relatively warm waters. The times I’ve seen you folk not all of you, get snow and sweet all down south! The SE of England is among the most snowless regions, the extreme South West is even worse. I don’t think there is a perfect location for snow, but somewhere high up in the center of Scotland good snow is a guarantee. You folks tend to do best with the frontal stuff coming in off Atlantic with clash between cold and mild and PM airstreams.

Im not sure if your getting us mixed up with somewhere else Daniel...

My location USED to be a decent location but since 1988 it has been absolutely garbage, believe me, iv'e lived through it!!