Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion - 09/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
20 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

As it stands only Scotland will see snow from that low. Before and after though plenty of wintry showers for the region.

You are correct Day 10 the model that showed the Snow further south was a little earlier. Country files Weather forcast didn't have a clue exactly where either. Yesterday the whole weather system moved across the whole of the south of the UK turning to Snow in the midlands and not actually reaching northern parts but Just goes to show how much it's changes within a short period of time. like I said tomorrow will be clearer?. 

Edited by Yorkshirepudding
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
3 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

Can I borrow a pair of your rose-tinted glasses please? A word beginning with hope and ending with cating springs to mind.

Why?

Personally don' give a stuff,but as I am from the NW I would like some to get a pasting.

And it' not hope casting,perhaps one reason I don' post in here much anymore,you make

A comment then get ripped apart.

Good luck with the snow boys and girls lots of pictures please.but my time in here is very

Quickly coming to a very sad end

C.S

Posted
Just now, cheshire snow said:

Why?

Personally don' give a stuff,but as I am from the NW I would like some to get a pasting.

And it' not hope casting,perhaps one reason I don' post in here much anymore,you make

A comment then get ripped apart.

Good luck with the snow boys and girls lots of pictures please.but my time in here is very

Quickly coming to a very sad end

C.S

Noooo- your input is appreciated CS :)

LETS HOPE FOR UPGRADES :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Raising CS's location by 250m would be the first upgrade.

Its only two trains to get to Buxton from Northwich, theres a snowy thought.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Latest EURO4 snow accumulation up to 18z Tuesday. Some accumulations shown at low level.

18011618_1418.gif

In addition to above, EURO4 precipitation chart for same time. Mersey Estuary streamer?

18011618_1418.gif

Edited by Dexter

Posted
12 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

The Irish Sea looks most unstable tomorrow night

45-505UK.GIF?15-0

Friday 

102-505UK.GIF?15-0

Yes, I should think the chance of some quite hefty snow showers accompanied by lightning in the overnight period.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
7 hours ago, Darren Bown said:

Wednesday night/ Thursday morning is really concerning. So similar to the 2007 storm I posted earlier, and also the one in Feb 2014 that caused a lot of damage. Both the thelwall viaduct and the Barton bridge closed. The Metoffice currently have me at 60mph gusts Thursday morning. The storm in 2014 has me at 63mph at the time (I was in Westhoughton), and I believe there were gusts of 85mph that day. Metoffice put out a red warning for Lancashire that day.

this looks almost the exact same areas.

Yes. I remember that day in 2014 well on an airfield somewhere on the Fylde. Didn't venture out much. 

Meanwhile this week. 

No Snow?

No Roof? 

IMG_2344.thumb.PNG.651a2e9a3f9b3b088490a722742bb02f.PNG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Another day and still no closer with the will it, won’t it snow and then wind events.

mabe the Met have run out of warning graphics, maybe there is nothing to get worried about after all.

we’ll see.

Posted

Latest EURO4 for tomorrow evening encouraging for falling snow across much of the region by midnight, not inspiring for accumulations though by that time. Maybe after midnight will be better. Will have to await the next updates.

18011700_1500.gif

18011700_1500.gif

Edited by Dexter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Very quick one from me, I expect warnings to come out this morning for Tues.

Edited by Day 10

Posted

BBC text sounds an upgrade again- snow falling increasingly to low levels  tonight and tomorrow :)

EC brings in -7 uppers again tomorrow and dew points go negative for the region by midnight tonight right through tomorrow and tomorrow night.

Wed evening the low smashed thru and brings rain and then back to PM flow fri/sat with EC having the region under -6 uppers again.

If we are not put under an advisory for tomorrow then im with Joe Bloggs, i think i will give up.

Posted
3 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

Hope NWS dosent see the app updates......

On the other hand Met Office is predicting show showers to pow levels tonight and Tuesday. 

App update looks brilliant Frosty Ground - even for lees it has snow all day tomorrow- ive posted above btw :D

Edit bbc one is better than meto for sure :)

Edited by northwestsnow

Posted
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

App update looks brilliant Frosty Ground - even for lees it has snow all day tomorrow- ive posted above btw :D

Met office one that usually updates before the bbc has moorside down as sleet till 9am the snow..... it will change again no doubt

Posted
5 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

Hope NWS dosent see the app updates......

On the other hand Met Office is predicting show showers to pow levels tonight and Tuesday. 

Manchester Airport TAF mentions chance of rain showers or snow after midnight tonight so backs up the metoffice suggestion of snow to lower levels. Peak District forecast a bit at odds as indicates snow down to 300m tonight...

Edited by Dexter

Posted

MEN website (not that this means anything) seem to think most of the snow will be on Wednesday.  Surely they can't be talking about the stormy low?  We're looking to be on the windy wet side of it's offerings.  I'd expect the best chance of snow falling would be Tuesday afternoon into the overnight period.

Posted

BBC weather local forecast absolutely ridiculous, a little bit of ice, a little bit of snow and a little bit of wind, they obviously don't have a clue and are sitting well and truly on the fence, a least Carole Kirkwood was a little more definite on what was happening!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Excellent chance of lightning on Tuesday night and again Thursday night when highest CAPE occurs. 

Posted
Just now, shadowfax said:

BBC weather local forecast absolutely ridiculous, a little bit of ice, a little bit of snow and a little bit of wind, they obviously don't have a clue and are sitting well and truly on the fence, a least Carole Kirkwood was a little more definite on what was happening!!

Yes i agree!!

Its almost like the pros are hoping for last min downgrades- everything points to a snowy day tomorrow.

Wonder if we can squeeze in ONE snowy day before the horrid low ruins everything???

Posted
3 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

MEN website (not that this means anything) seem to think most of the snow will be on Wednesday.  Surely they can't be talking about the stormy low?  We're looking to be on the windy wet side of it's offerings.  I'd expect the best chance of snow falling would be Tuesday afternoon into the overnight period.

MEN.

LOL dodge- might as well read tea leaves :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Here is the latest text forecast since nobody has posted it yet. 

Today:

A mixture of sunny spells and blustery showers today. It will be turning colder throughout the day, with the showers turning increasingly wintry over the hills. A windy day, with gales around exposed coasts and hills. Maximum temperature 9 °C.

Tonight:

A cold and windy night, with clear spells and blustery showers. The showers falling as snow over the hills, but also to some low levels. Risk of icy patches. Minimum temperature 0 °C.

Tuesday:

Sunny spells and blustery showers on Tuesday. The showers falling as snow over the hills, but increasingly to some low levels. Very windy, with gales in places. Feeling cold. Maximum temperature 5 °C.

Outlook for Wednesday to Friday:

Windy and cold throughout, with sunny spells and wintry showers on Wednesday. Some stormy weather potentially crossing all parts overnight, followed by further wintry showers on Thursday and Friday.

An upgrade. Not a bad forecast overall. 

Posted
Just now, Chris.R said:

Here is the latest text forecast since nobody has posted it yet. 

Today:

A mixture of sunny spells and blustery showers today. It will be turning colder throughout the day, with the showers turning increasingly wintry over the hills. A windy day, with gales around exposed coasts and hills. Maximum temperature 9 °C.

Tonight:

A cold and windy night, with clear spells and blustery showers. The showers falling as snow over the hills, but also to some low levels. Risk of icy patches. Minimum temperature 0 °C.

Tuesday:

Sunny spells and blustery showers on Tuesday. The showers falling as snow over the hills, but increasingly to some low levels. Very windy, with gales in places. Feeling cold. Maximum temperature 5 °C.

Outlook for Wednesday to Friday:

Windy and cold throughout, with sunny spells and wintry showers on Wednesday. Some stormy weather potentially crossing all parts overnight, followed by further wintry showers on Thursday and Friday.

An upgrade. Not a bad forecast overall. 

Yep, the text sounds good Ian :)

I would expect snow to fall to low levels tomorrow- euro4 has uppers of -7 across the entire region - and negative dews- 

The warnings will be updated this morning- fingers crossed..

Posted

Liverpool TAF going for heavy rain showers all day, accompanied by cumulonimbus from 1800. 

Oh no sorry they remove the cumulonimbus. 

Edited by Chris.R