Quantcast
Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
DiagonalRedLine

North West England Regional Weather Discussion - 09/12/2017 Onwards

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Summerstorm said:

Firstly yeah i'm aware the problem i have with Wales regional is that they are all from the south of Wales and very few members from the North post in there anyway maybe around 30-40 from the South and 5 in the North say i wonder whether they should divide it up perhaps. Secondly i recollect that a few of the other members in here class my area as kind of in the North West anyway i am like 5 miles from the border anyway! .Also my post was to demonstrate how marginal this is because by the sounds of it go another 20 miles north of here and you have around half of the snow cover. Also i won't be a grammar nazi and point out your slight spelling mistakes there :rofl:

 Yes you’re welcome here; Wales is the north-west as far as i’m concerned. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Is it my imagination or has the radar echoes increased across parts of our region?

Clouds have definitely thickened. Could see the sun just about earlier on.

Not your imagination, it has been snowing for 30 mins here and getting a tad heavier now!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, i luv snow said:

Not your imagination, it has been snowing for 30 mins here and getting a tad heavier now!

I'm a few miles to your SW and flakes are a touch larger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Summerstorm said:

Firstly yeah i'm aware the problem i have with Wales regional is that they are all from the south of Wales and very few members from the North post in there anyway maybe around 30-40 from the South and 5 in the North say i wonder whether they should divide it up perhaps. Secondly i recollect that a few of the other members in here class my area as kind of in the North West anyway i am like 5 miles from the border anyway! .Also my post was to demonstrate how marginal this is because by the sounds of it go another 20 miles north of here and you have around half of the snow cover. Also i won't be a grammar nazi and point out your slight spelling mistakes there :rofl:

To avoid argument they should really have a North Wales thread and a separate one for the damn Taffies down south. Makes no sense to have to share the same thread as people over 130 miles away!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

I'm a few miles to your SW and flakes are a touch larger.

It is still intensifying and expanding too, according to the radar!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got dandruff here not sticking though just making everything wet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Got dandruff here not sticking though just making everything wet

Head and shoulders will take care of that mate:)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Carl46Wrexham said:

Head and shoulders will take care of that mate:)

Yes and I won't need much either as there isn't much falling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been out for the last couple of hours. It started snowing lightly about an hour ago and against all odds it is snowing moderately now. Trying to figure out whether this is coming from the Irish sea or the North sea. Or a trough developing over us?lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The radar is showing something heavier just south of Southport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snowing here and it's trying to settle on places where yesterday's snow had melted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, karyo said:

Been out for the last couple of hours. It started snowing lightly about an hour ago and against all odds it is snowing moderately now. Trying to figure out whether this is coming from the Irish sea or the North sea. Or a trough developing over us?lol

The PPN is intensifying directly over GM, and it expands and intensifies with each 5 minute update. Turning moderate here now too with bigger flakes, not quite enough to be settling though. Have snow patches left from yesterday but most has melted!

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 14.29.30.png

Edited by i luv snow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeeeesus snow from the east and even thats missing me...what in gods name is going on ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, karyo said:

Been out for the last couple of hours. It started snowing lightly about an hour ago and against all odds it is snowing moderately now. Trying to figure out whether this is coming from the Irish sea or the North sea. Or a trough developing over us?lol

Low centre opened up over irish sea between south ireland and mid wales.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be the meto's yellow warning starting to make a trickle of sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×