Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion - 09/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
9 hours ago, JeffC said:

Foggy in parts hereabouts, just driven back through Grizedale Forest as that was better gritted than the (even more) minor roads. Temps varying between -1 to -4C and all cars well frosted. Roads quite slippery in places even with winter tyres.

Hoping that tomorrow's deluge might at least start with snow as we often get that due to proximity of the higher cells. Fingers crossed although it's inevitable that it won't last too long!

Grim looking morning, rain woke me up, mother nature you can be  cruel beast, you could have let it snow just a bit!

Not sure it'll be rain at higher levels though, not yet at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Well the grey drizzly crap is back, don't mind this type of weather til next Fri as in work but the 2 weeks off I have I want blizzards, ice, frost, fog & a dash of sun. Cheers :D:cold-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
4 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Well the grey drizzly crap is back, don't mind this type of weather til next Fri as in work but the 2 weeks off I have I want blizzards, ice, frost, fog & a dash of sun. Cheers :D:cold-emoji:

Sorted mate

But don't tell the Mild Clappers :closedeyes:

C.S

• Like 1

Posted

yes looks like thats it for cold potential for a wee while.

The power of altitude was noticeable last night- there was virtually no snow at my house yesterday evening yet i went up to austerlands cricket club in Oldham at around 290m and there was a layer of snow and ice !!

Note to oneself - next house needs to be 280m minimum :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

BBC website has Fog all day tomorrow for me , TV forecasts don't seem to back that up though

Posted

driving rain and 6 degrees, after that starry and rime frost start to last night.  Portents of weather through to January I fear.  May see the sun again sometime next month.  The models thread seems to think that driving cold rain, a bit of sleet and wet snow on Ingleborough temporarily is exciting for the North West.  With the land drains running since mid July and the ground saturated I fear the consequences of deep Iceland depressions  as modelled.  Mud and flood.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Weather for the next 10 days is mind numbingly boring. ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Sod all going on weatherwise if it's snow your after. Let's just say purple & black aren't my fave colours right now! Models :bad:

Posted

Could have done with Tuesday and Wednesday being mild and dry, but now it looks like drizzle on Tuesday and a spell of rain on Wednesday all of a sudden! Plus a lot of fog in the south east - none of which was in any BBC TV forecast just this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A much colder night than expected last night with a minimum of 1.8°C probably due to the light winds. Maybe similar tonight.

Posted

Fog here also, it comes and goes but when it lingers around the visibility reduces quite significantly to less than 1/4 mile with the Airport having 30 flights delayed so far. Locally there must have been some ice-pocket temps around as the Buxton Ad is reporting on at least 3 crashes in the White Peak early this am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
22 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Fog here also, it comes and goes but when it lingers around the visibility reduces quite significantly to less than 1/4 mile with the Airport having 30 flights delayed so far. Locally there must have been some ice-pocket temps around as the Buxton Ad is reporting on at least 3 crashes in the White Peak early this am.

Very icy still in Hollingworth. Had to go to the chemist and encountered a lot of black ice.

Posted

Momentum seems to be gathering for a brief spell of colder NW winds on christmas day...

Metoffice now mentioning wintry showers across high ground.

Will/ frosty ground etc will, at this stage possibly get a white xmas.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
4 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Momentum seems to be gathering for a brief spell of colder NW winds on christmas day...

I have my eye on it but its more than likely around the 300M mark unless we get drag down in the heavier bursts.

Next week is actuially exciting as the kitchen sink looks to be thrown in too.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Pretty bad fog round here since about 10 o'clock, showing no signs of lifting at the mo. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
On 17/12/2017 at 11:07, Spurry said:

BBC website has Fog all day tomorrow for me , TV forecasts don't seem to back that up though

Seems they were right , it's been foggy all day so far

Posted

Flight delays of +3hr at the Airport from what i'm hearing, total chaos with tens of flights being delayed and pax not having anywhere to go past the check-in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 hour ago, northwestsnow said:

Friends of Corbyn? A brief spell of 'solar sausages'?:D

Posted

The rest of the week looks like the worst side of December, dank grey mild drizzly, sometimes rainy - the dark days before christmas syndrome that we have become used too since 2010.. typical things change just in time for christmas.

However, next week looks much more interesting, atlantic lively, but signs some colder polar air will get back on the scene, wintry precipitation on high ground, perhaps modest height at times, hopefully will see some brighter conditions at times. However yet again another christmas week unsettled, how many have we had now, too many, been ages that some decent calm weather has occurred for winter walking etc.

Watch it all flip again just when new year arrives.. 

• Like 1