Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Oh bother ?

CACF8007-5FAB-4D3F-9A2F-466787798C35.thumb.jpeg.235230e6ed2d8075fc9e5dfc6dac9af3.jpeg

And the concrete post has moved :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
8 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Oh bother ?

CACF8007-5FAB-4D3F-9A2F-466787798C35.thumb.jpeg.235230e6ed2d8075fc9e5dfc6dac9af3.jpeg

And the concrete post has moved :wallbash:

Looks a bit like next doors fence.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Just had a gust of nearly 44mph - the strongest gust here during Storm Eleanor was 36.8mph!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It didn't turn out that bad here, certainly nothing like what the forecast showed. Down to a gentle breeze now.

Posted

Not much of a wind event here.

Did have one 41 mph gust just before 1pm, with a handful of 30-35mph gusts between noon and 2:30pm.
The westerly wind was 20-25mph throughout that spell, but dropping in strength last hour to 15-20mph.
Nice blue skies have made an appearance here.

Glad to see the back of the windy weather we have had last week or so and looking forward to a change back to a colder spell.

Posted

Ridiculous gusting wind again since mid morning along with a marked drop in temperature since lunch time, however the weeks trend for fine afternoons after unsettled mornings is continuing.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Some strong gusts here around the middle of the day, wheelie bins over and the small food ones off up the road!  One over the road got stuck under a parked van.  Calmer now and noticeably cooler.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

MAD threads not in such a good mode at the moment. :diablo:

Back to today and even though the air wasn’t that cold the wind felt quite cold this afternoon although it probably wasn’t as strong as it looked like it could’ve been. 

Talking of wind I noticed when I was walking around earlier a couple of street lights and a few small trees down the road are leaning to one side which could’ve been caused by the wind during that thunderstorm last week which easily broke my wind gust record. 

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, matt111 said:

MAD threads not in such a good mode at the moment. :diablo:

Back to today and even though the air wasn’t that cold the wind felt quite cold this afternoon although it probably wasn’t as strong as it looked like it could’ve been. 

Talking of wind I noticed when I was walking around earlier a couple of street lights and a few small trees down the road are leaning to one side which could’ve been caused by the wind during that thunderstorm last week which easily broke my wind gust record. 

Which model or poster is the best thread you mean.... you’d think some members insert all the data into the super computers they way they bang on.... I’ll calmly watch and pick my moments between the cross fire. Personally I’ve found watching the Models figure what’s actually going to happen around midweek interesting, they are not good at dealing with these setups at all, and of course it’s always fun when it goes pop and drama ensues ? 

Posted
7 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Which model or poster is the best thread you mean.... you’d think some members insert all the data into the super computers they way they bang on.... I’ll calmly watch and pick my moments between the cross fire. Personally I’ve found watching the Models figure what’s actually going to happen around midweek interesting, they are not good at dealing with these setups at all, and of course it’s always fun when it goes pop and drama ensues ? 

The Netweather bin must be getting a bit full with all these models being binned. Not only are they binning runs they’re now binning the whole model. 

341243D8-0914-4B72-BC53-499487726013.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

im Absolutely clueless as to what’s going on WRT the Models and the MAD thread! Can someone give me an explanation of the latest thoughts in simpleton speak pls?!  :pardon:

Posted
4 minutes ago, khodds said:

im Absolutely clueless as to what’s going on WRT the Models and the MAD thread! Can someone give me an explanation of the latest thoughts in simpleton speak pls?!  :pardon:

As above all the models are rubbish and should be binned. The GFS won but didn’t as it moved towards the others, and the easterly is cancelled but could be resurrected. Helpful? :unknw:

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Very starry sky tonight for my commute home.

Posted

Anyone having Wunderground issues? 

Posted
Just now, karlos1983 said:

Yep hasn't been working properly since earlier this afternoon. 

Posted
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

Better be collecting my data :diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
1 hour ago, matt111 said:

As above all the models are rubbish and should be binned. The GFS won but didn’t as it moved towards the others, and the easterly is cancelled but could be resurrected. Helpful? :unknw:

Clear as mud. :rofl:

Ill venture in again to see whether the 18z is staggering about or sober as a judge.

Posted
13 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Better be collecting my data :diablo:

I would guess it probably is if any of the countless times it's gone down recently are anything to go by. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
17 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

15 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Started yesterday. I have no loss of data, but the PWS, webcam, and API pages have all been down.

https://apicommunity.wunderground.com/weatherapi/topics/api-not-working-8jsfugpjga7xv

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .
38 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Yes me too  on the Wunderground issues  . 

Mind you another app that I use has said that my area has dropped to zero about 30 minutes or so . 

Its all quiet on the western front here after quite a hefty shower or threee this evening , so I imagine that frosty conditions might be "fun " in the morning. 

My station I think has arrived but I won't be allowed it till Monday ( my birthday ). 

I cant make sense of the model thread at the best of times, but I really don't understand it now. 

I always felt that despite technology improving you can't look ahead more than 48 hrs at a push for a general feel of things and as we know things can certainly change in  the blink of a few hours . 

Well tomorrow we shall have ......some weather ! Lol :rofl:

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ciderwithrosie said:

Well tomorrow we shall have ......some weather ! Lol :rofl:

You know, you could be onto something there. :rofl: